1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

jump onto mumble chat server, details in my sig. we play every night, there has been well over 10 people each night since BF3's release.

we even found a lone ZiiP player on our mumble server last night. was funny how he was complaining about Metro when we were all on that dock map.

why is there a second long blank screen during spawn?? i feel it there will be much less spawn death if spawning on squad members is as instant as BFBC2: spawn and able to instantly help out a squad member under attack.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Unfortunately we don't currently have a Official BT BF3 server. Currently some people are playing on the ZiiP server which runs in Hardcore Mode. Noloac can help you out if you want to join that!

We are working on getting a new BF3 server up for BT users.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

+1 to this! So annoying!

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Thanks, for the moment I'm shying away from Hardcore as I'm just pants at the game already (still getting to grips with the levels, gun physics etc) but tonight I'll join the CPC server.(provided I can get home in time) Cheers guys! Will download Mumble and get in on that too.

Out of interest, how have you guys set up VOIP for public games?

6. wyx087

there's no CPC BF3 server, that server in my sig was for BFBC2. only the Mumble server is operational and alive at the moment.

for VOIP ingame, everyone get on mumble, then join through friends list in Battlelog to get onto the same server.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Ah ok, sorry my misunderstanding. I have BFBC2 on PS3. Let's pull together a BF3 server!

8. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Wyx is already working on it here!

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Cheers, I so totally need to keep on top of these things....

10. Phalanx

Play both, I would say sotu1. Hardcore and Normal are different beasts, but the skills from one transfer over just as well. In Hardcore you just have to think before committing to a move, that's all. :) Oh, and it's vicious if you make an error. Kind of like if Multiplayer had a "Hard" setting ;)

11. wyx087

hardcore is the dark side, it only sounds cool. :p

with much improved 3D spotting, normal mode is where it's at. you ZiiP boys really should give it a try. 3D spotting only appears when enemy has direct line of sight. map spotting is same as HC. hit-reg is much improved, no more half a clip BFBC2 issues. plus, you know which firing mode your gun is at :D

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Had a few decent games on the ZiiP server last night - good bunch of chaps and the skill level isn't too ridiculous yet either.

Really enjoying the game, managed to get through a night with only one overheat-inducing shutdown/crash, which was nice. Starting to unlock bits and pieces for various guns and getting the hang of sniping. Managed a 646m headshot last night which was rather fun, bipod cheesecake. :D

13. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

14. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

i tried it once, was really hard, my own team mate started shooting it. lol. he must of thought "WTF?!" lol

i had a little bit of lag, but not much. Them Ziip guys are good, Noloac is bad a$$ in the chopper

Team speak or Mumble? which one...
    I need to jump in, i was trying to talk through the game, i guess thats why no one can hear me. :duh:

Also one question..what is base rape? is it ...
    (Am a fair player and i don't want to do anything bad, but i just want to know if you are protecting your base, would that be wrong.)

1. hanging around enemy base waiting for them to spawn?
    2. protecting your own base from enemy
    3. something else..?

Was good game last night too, really need to learn the jets on non-hardcore mode, since i cant see what am doing. lol

Also anyone else use single shot mode on the guns...?

15. wyx087

baserape:
    hanging around enemy base and kill them as soon as they spawn. it's harder to do this in BF3 because bases are so far away, but do-able with jets.

for TS or mumble, depends on who you want to play with, or more precisely, which game mode you prefer: hardcore or normal.

hardcore: ZiiP server and their TS channel
    normal: mumble details in my sig, then everyone get into the same through Battlelog friends list

MiT likes this.
  16. Phalanx

ZiiP use Teamspeak, BT/CPC use Mumble. Both are open to members and non-members alike.

Base raping is basically not letting the enemy make the way out of their own uncappable spawn area. Anywhere else on the map is fair game :D

As for single shot, it's great with a heavy barrel on a rifle.

Oh, and bear in mind, whilst we do run Hardcore servers, we don't JUST play hardcore. We just prefer it :)

MiT likes this.
  17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I know it's for the rush game mode, but you can still get a fairly good idea:

http://www.ziip.co.uk/understanding-our-server-rules-on-rush-gamemode/

MiT likes this.
  18. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

good guide

thanks guys, will try mumble and team speak, i found mumble details in wuyanxu sig, what about team speak?

By the way just wanted to say the Ziip server is great to play on. Found it friendly and fun.

If i do make a mistake please let me know, am new and learning all the time. Just let me know what am doing wrong :)

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm going to have to get myself back on Mumble now I've got a decent headset. Why BF3 doesn't have in-game voice comms is a total mystery to me.

20. Phalanx

ZiiP Teamspeak details are on the last line of my sig fella. Come say hi :) If you're on TS when you need questions answered, we'll be more than happy to explain stuff.