1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics MSI GTX 560 vs.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angelus, 1 Nov 2011.

1. angelus

angelus What's a Dremel?

Hi All,
    Ive been looking at a MSI GTX 560ti on amazon for about £184 is the current cheapest but if I wanted to save a bit of cash what cards would you recommend as an alternate ive seen ASUS GTX 560 Direct CU II for about £154 and seems to have similar if not better specs than the MSI.

But i was really wondering what you would recommend instead or is the ASUS a good choice?

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

The Asus one if pretty fine, i have the same one. It's quiet and manage a hefty overclock.

Also, the MSI twinfrozr II cards have been down lately, the latest review in Custom pc. The newer cards are very loud compared to the first productions, theres no way to tell the one your buying is a first production model or not.

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The cheaper version you quoted is the non 'Ti' version. This version has 336 CUDA Cores whilst the Ti version has 384 CUDA Cores and is the more capable card. To confuse matters Nvidia or soon going to release a refreshed GTX 560Ti which is in fact based on the GTX 570. However this is a cut down version of the GTX 570 so we'll have to wait and see how that card turns out!

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

xaser04 likes this.
  6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

7. angelus

angelus What's a Dremel?

thanks for the replies all.

I figured the non TI version of Asus had a reason for the cut down cost. There is a TI version of the same card on amazon (i got vouchers so...) its £167.98 same price as the BT thingy so might go for that.