1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Got on the ZiiP server last night but only had an hour due to family commitments.

Still learning the maps but I spent most of my time being cannon fodder. Think I may have of inadvertently helped Mars-bar-man's K/D ratio.

Anyone still getting connection lost issues after 10/15 mins of game play?

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it is plug and play. default is right stick pitch/roll. bumper buttons to fire.

ah 20 rounds. will be awesome. i need to play more co-op to unlock it.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Would like to say sorry too STB for shooting him whilst he was hiding in the bushes last night XD

Sent from Bittech Android app

4. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

CPC server full for most of the evening it seemed, some good games :)

I can but dream of such weapons :p only logged 9hrs and haven't tried co-op yet, should have some time on Sat night though!

5. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I've made that mistake a few times, but in my case it's when they jump out at me, lol. Luckily I have defibs to revive em straight away and so no real harm is done :).

6. wyx087

check out my sig for the CPC BF3 server details.

i'd also like to say sorry to TSB for mowing him down when he tried to C4 me :p succeeded a few times though.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ok, so quick question - does anyone else get flashes of colour on some maps (Caspian Border is the worst offender), where your whole screen will flash light blue for a second?

8. yassarikhan786

I get those as well. In my case they are green flashes and yep Caspian Border is the worst offender for me as well. In the Beta it was yellow flashes for me.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yep, exactly the same. In the first day patch there was a fix... maybe they just changed the colour! :duh:

10. yassarikhan786

Hahaha looks like it.

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I get white flashes....>_>

12. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Great fun on cpc/ bt server last night lads , i even managed a 2nd place ribbon on one round , unfortunately my gpu started artifacting and crashed out around 10pm during the 2nd round of damervand peak so i had to duck out... hopefully my gt470 isn't fried and i'll be able to play tonight..... (ran 3d mark 10 last nigt after reboot and all looked normal so fingers crossed!)

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I get green flashes as well on some maps. It's a driver issue I think?

Vo0Ds, the co-op is nice and handy to play. Voice comms are nigh-on essential to pulling it off well though, especially the Parisian sniping mission. Getting both shots to hit simultaneously, whilst not completely essential, is just sooooooo satisfying.

You get the unlocks pretty damn fast. I think myself and Jester played through all the missions once and we got the first 3 unlocked.

14. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

I replaced my 4 GB RAM yesterday with 8 GB and (just XMS3) and can now run everything on max flawlessly. No stuttering, none of the issues I'd had before. Such a memory hog of a game though, wonder if that's real or if it's a memory leak :-/

15. wyx087

Storm and i played through all but first on Hard without much difficulty. also unlocked first 3 weapons, 2 more to M39.

for that night time silent mission to evacuate a prisoner, start there are CCTV and guards. how to get pass 2 guards + CCTV on top of stair? it needs 2 headshots + 1 CCTV shot at the same time.

chopper and Paris sniping mission are the only two good ones IMHO.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

green flashes here too.

Didn't notice it in the Beta though.

Get occasional huge lag spikes, think its on my end too, feels like graphics lag.

17. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

I tried to play co-op yesterday, it took absolutely ages to work out how to use VOIP which is a fairly essential part of it for me. As far as I can tell it runs in battlelog in the background while playing, it only works if you are in a 'voice party' (yay voice party!) and the default push to talk key is left shift which masks the default sprint key, this setup is so ridiculous I find it hard to believe it is correct can anyone confirm there is no VOIP in game, the only way to VOIP is via battlelog?

If what I have said is true any suggestions on where best to bind push to talk? I tried middle mouse but that screws with browsing on battlelog (clicks on auto scroll, talk permanently on until a click off again) and a thumb button on my mouse but that is a little inconvenient in-game if I am talking for a while!

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The chopper mission is good for practicing, but find it a very dull mission. Far too easy. Even on hard, you stand no chance of dying really.

I love the Hit and Run mission, such a bloodbath, but you really have to know where your friend is and make sure you're covering each other. PDW-R really shines on the map.

Exodus is good fun for plotting and scheming on how best to do it :)

I need to run a few more to get the M93 and then the Sg553. I will eventually get the G3.

19. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Actually; it's not on Win 7. Plug it in, then let it fake install. It will not work. Unplug it, plug it back in and then go to windows updates and 'check for updates' there will be a driver for the controller which will work as soon as you install it.

You guys are overly kind on the forums; why couldn't you afford me the same kindness by not filling me full of lead last night? ;) I had terrible trouble last night; the game crashing issue returned again; until I upped the GPU voltage.... again... and then I timed out to the server twice when either topping the board or similar.

I'll be back tonight with a vengeance; hopefully with my issues sorted for a solid few hours of combat.

Yeah, although my colours seem to vary! Glad everyone else experiences this too; I thought it might be my overclock!

TSB

Sketchee likes this.
  20. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

My artefacts were the full on long stretchy triangle screen corruption jobbies that progressively got more frequent until the whole things just just keeled over , eventually the screen just froze with little green squares - i was running with a 70mhz overclock on the core which i'll remove if the problem comes back tonight...