1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Return of Monitor / OCUK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pete*, 20 Oct 2011.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I finally understand why OCUK have mobsters as avatars on their forums! :D

2. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Got an email to say I got refunded.

Am I entitled to the original postage costs to be refunded too?

3. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Oh, i'm being shown a refund too. Same question as you, wonder if it should be the FULL amount, inc. delivery.
    Going to try and get my return costs back. The tossers.

Wish I had a damn e-mail to them. They just say use the forums which they reply about 5 days
    later.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2011
  4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Thats a bit off having to join the forum to return faulty goods lol I would phone them and send a rocket up their arse if that was me

RMA Tel*: 0871 200 5053
    Sales and Order Enquries - UK 0871 200 5052
    Sales and Order Enquiries - International +44 871 200 5052
    Technical Support and Returns - UK 0871 200 5053
    Technical Support and Returns - International +44 871 200 5053
    Systems Support - UK 0871 200 5054
    Systems Support - International +44 871 200 5054

Calls from UK landlines cost 10 pence per minute. Call charges from mobiles and international numbers may cost more.
    Lines open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 5.00pm Saturday

pete* likes this.
  5. pete*

I would ring them, if I wasn't deaf and could hear them. I am at uni at the moment so I haven't got
    help with the phone.
    Back home i'd have a perfect person to scream down the phone at them.

But yea, forums or rma form spam for me it is. xD

Apophis54 likes this.
  6. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Hello Pete

Did you drop a thread in the CS section of the forums?

Saying "tossers" wont really help the cause all to much though as OcUK staff do read other forums lol ;)

Drop the link over to PM for me. If the original shipping isnt refunded (usually DSR isnt however faulty goods should be, all depends how you had it returned) then ill have a rummage for a game or 3dmark code or something for you.

pete* likes this.
  7. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Your statutory rights are very clear and OCUK should know full well what they are:

So if OCUK try to claim that you're liable for either the delivery or return costs for broken items, either they are trying it on or just don't know their statutory obligations.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2011
  8. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Thanks for advice, although its OCUK rather than scan :)

And was looking to get a refund on the original delivery cost of the item.

9. sp4nky

Yep, well spotted. You were looking for the refund on delivery costs, pete* was looking for refund of the return costs. Both are covered.

pete* likes this.
  10. pete*

-

Yea, sorry about the tosser comment. But i'm peeved. and the staff take their time to do anything and infact just simply ignore forum posts.
    You're the only one who has seemed to attempt to help. -
    As for the offers of game codes etc. i'd rather have the refunds i'm owed.
    Unless the codes are any games I want, for free, for the next year, from any stockist I want. ;)
    I have now made a SupportNote thing as they get answered. So I will see where that goes.
    I have PM'd you the original thread link - saying it was faulty, asking for the full refund and a
    courier to pick it up, which wasn't replied to for 2 days so I got the item sent back myself.
    Before the reply came saying they would courier it. Bah.

and thanks for that sp4nky. :) +rep

11. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Well said sp4nky! :thumb:

Also remember your credit card company is equally liable to bear this cost if OCUK don't play nice! However I would recommend clearing the statement period that includes the time you bought the U2711. This way you avoid paying interest when you come to dispute a charge. Basically it means it's your money if the credit card statement has been paid in full for that period so the credit card company can not charge interest on something that you have already actually bought i.e. not just on credit!

12. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I have also received a note suggesting my partial refund will be with me in the next 5-10 days. This is ridiculous, I am 100% entitled to my postage costs too. Andrew, I am sorry, but someone at overclockers is more than just a tosser...

13. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

As much as we all like to rage, calling people tossers (even if they are) wont get you anywhere buddy.

Best way to approach a situation like this is just to stay calm, even if inside your blood is boiling !

14. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Don't worry. Once you fully settle your credit card payment for the period that the U2711 was bought you can go the route of Section 75. Use the letter template I provide in the thread linked in my signature. You can claim these small costs and even extras such as return postage. So there are still options if OCUK refuse to take responsibility.

15. sp4nky

I think it would be worth contacting Trading Standards / BBC Watchdog about this as well. If OCUK are determined to dodge their statutory obligations on this, it's worth raising an official complaint and making people aware that this is happening.

Andrew's note that they usually don't refund original shipping costs under DSR is pretty damning when the law explicitly states that they must do precisely that.

16. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

The shipping is refunded from initial purchase but not to be returned. So only a partial refund is accounted for with that, If you pay £300 inc shipping then you should recieve £300 back but any costs involved with the return is down to customer.

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Nice nonsense there andrew8200m. The OFT clearly state that:

3.57 If the goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, you will have to pay for their return whatever the circumstances.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

In this case, as the goods are faulty, OcUK are required by law to pay for the return shipping.

18. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Correct but it all depends how the RMA was raised.

Was it raised as "faulty" or was it raised as "DSR". If the latter then I am correct. If the former then you are. I have been looking over what I believe to be an RMA raised in DSR so as it is a DSR then the customer is responsible for the return. If the product turns out to be faulty as well as returned under DSR then the customer gets refunded on original shipping and on return costs.

It is not my job to sit here and answer such questions, I have tried to help out here and I have people like you making me wish i hadnt bothered.

There are 2 cases here, from what i understand one is DSR, the other faulty.

So in the most polite manner possible here, please only comment where required and not to what has already been said. Its people like you that will cause issues as my willingness to help further than just ensuring the RMA gets dealt with properly will ultimately cease.

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

My apologies, I had picked up that the item was faulty, which one was.

The DSR does allow for the purchaser to be charged, but only if they were told about that fact when they placed the order. I'd assume OcUK put this in their emails?

20. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/terms.php

4.5 is for DSR, there are other points in there that apply but please just quote these when calling as this is all that is required. So long as we comply to those points highlighted (Which I would certainly hope so) then everything in theory should be issue free.

This is sometimes not the case in practice and for this I cannot apologise enough on behalf of OcUK enough.

I have been keeping at eye on the cases highlighted here and once resolved fully I have either a game or bench code to issue as a gesture of good will.

Last edited: 2 Nov 2011