1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 GTA 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 25 Oct 2011.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

GTA 5 is going to be set in San Andreas, according to Wiki, as well as parts of the trailer gives it away.

Quote "On 2 November 2011, the teaser trailer was released. It revealed that the game is set in the fictional state, San Andreas."

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

It's funny how I recgonised the beach and it's surroundings as Santa Monica and Venice Beach, very realistic and I hope all platforms are released at the same time however IIRC GTA IV for PC was released quite a number of months after the Xbox. :(

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

It was, which suck ass!

Anyone see the guy holding the Sign? Lol. 'Need money for beer ...? Hookers. (At least I'm not bullshitting you)'

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I wish they would release it on all platforms at the same time too! We all know it runs better on PC anyway!

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Proof from the trailer from the no. plate of the police car. GTA 5 is in San Andreas. Dam I should be a detective...lol

[​IMG]

6. Durd

Durd Minimodder

The first half of the trailer looked like it was for The Sims or something. :lol:

I am happy it's in San Andreas though :)

7. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Eventually! ;)

The PC is absolutely my favourite gaming platform.

I can understand from a commercial point of view why consoles get most of the attention, but believe any solid game deserves a PC release as well - and preferably bug/slowdown-free.

Back on topic, I hope this new game captures the feel of Los Santos as well as GTA SA did.

That's still one of my favourite games.

GTA IV is "better", but SA was totally jaw-dropping when I first played it.

It's also interesting to note that the main protagonist of GTA V has kids!

That's a first, isn't it?

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Could they not have set the game in a different place / time? Disappointed with this.

9. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Well the time period looks to be modern day rather than the 1990s of GTA SA - at least that's my take on the clothes and cars seen in the trailer.

Maybe I'm just living in the past though. ;)

10. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Yeah, whatever happened to GTA V: Liverpool?

:idea:

11. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

I was hoping for GTA: Cardiff - or maybe GTA: Portsmouth if you want more violence.

How about GTA: Canterbury?

Oh no, I'm confusing that with Saints Row. :D

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

was looking a page on what katoku noticed in the trailer
    http://kotaku.com/5855612/the-coolest-things-we-spotted-in-the-gta-v-trailer/gallery/1

these are the first two comments
    :duh: what idiots you find in the comment pages

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I see a dog with a couple who look out for a walk at the beach, but I dont see any dog fighting in the trailor, so WTF?

Anyway, looks awesome, roll on release fate PLX :D

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Interesting article, but I think the author has put too much power in Rockstar's hands. Rockstar shareholders will be looking at day 1 sales revenue and they will want to be assured that there is enough platform support to meet their expectations.

I think that 360/PS3 and PC releases are probably a given, but not so sure about the rest. The Wii will probably be dead by then anyway. The Vita may be a good candidate for a version of the game (and Sony are keen to get as many developers interested as they can) - the only potential headache for Sony is content - can they stomach adult orientated themes on their spanking new handheld? Unless Apple really beef up their hardware, I can't see it running GTA V, and again Apple may be prudish about content. As for The Wii U, I still have absolutely no idea what that is - out of everything I have read I am still confused!

Anyway, I will buy the game (probably on 360). Unless there is any gerbil fighting, if there is, then they have lost a sale. You have been warned Rockstar, you potential rodent worriers...

16. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Kinda tired of the "Bad guy trying to pull himself outta the criminal life but getting sucked back in" trope. Wasn't that what the last GTA game was about? And RDR for that matter?

17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

So who else spotted the dog in the trailer?

Also, stop debating about the PC release date. Every single 3D GTA so far came out as a timed exclusive for consoles. If it somehow ends up releasing at the same time for all platforms i'm sure R* will let us now.

18. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

19. Xir

Xir Modder

Yeah, I was hoping they'd release it after a while, doesn't look like it though.

20. alastor

alastor Minimodder

As expected then really; clear as mud.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-03-rockstar-confirms-gta5-los-santos-setting