1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress *** PHINIX NANO TOWER *** --- MOTY 2011 nomination !!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by phinix, 9 Nov 2009.

1. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

Effing amazing inside and out, top to bottom. Hats off to you sir, this project is absolutely outstanding. I would have to write a novel trying to detail my favorite parts. Super creative, technologically advanced, well executed, and excellently photographed. It was a pleasure following your log phinix!

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Just wow Mike, such a good looking machine.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Holy crap did this project really start in 2009???? Where has the time gone!!!

4. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

Very nice work. One of the nicest mods this year for sure.

Great concept and follow through. It;s clean and professional.

Keep up the great work! :thumb:

5. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, thank you all so much for your kind words - I'm happy you like all new photos.
    To be honest I made about 200 photos that day, but when I was going through all of them, I noticed I made lots of photos of the same parts all over:) I just couldn't stop doing them, different angle, different light, position - they all looked great and wanted to take it all! (It's like having sex with new girlfriend:D)
    So, after seeing them all, I decided to cut the number down to those "few". It is funny how the light changes everything, acrylic looks different under different angle and light. I spent an hour on it, till the sun went down:)

Yes! I was shocked too! At least it took me less time than Cube!:D
    I hope my next project will take even less:hehe:

So, Nano Tower is serving me well, have been using it for a long time now. Temps are good, in cold days it is idling around 30-35C (very cold even 25C), normally around 40C. When playing most demanding games temps go up to 70-80C for GPU and 65-70C for CPU. Normally average for games is 60-70C for GPU and CPU. That is actually fantastic result, considering that the case has very small air flow. I'm also happy that one of the ideas was to use the case itself to take away some heat - graphic card rear panel touching power chamber cage, etc. Playing Crysis 2, Rage, Witcher 2 - whole case gets pretty warm! So far, highest temps I was getting was during Witcher 2 and Crysis 2. Of course I always play on highest settings possible at 2560x1440, so that is why the Tower gives all it has:)

Last edited: 3 Nov 2011
  6. shah

shah Minimodder

Very nice work. :clap: Just gone through most of the thread now!!! Love the design and the colours :D. Did you by any chance made the blueprints :p

7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

No, but have all the sketchup design files, so I can make one for you:)

8. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

Mind.Blown. This should win an award all by itself. And tbh, it looks even more stunning in the day time! The matte black combined with gloss black from the acrylic and clear yellow acylic just looks so clean. Not to mention black and yellow is a great color combination.

I could type a letter but I'll just leave it at job well ****ing done. When's the next project? XD!!

9. shah

shah Minimodder

Brilliant man :clap:. I am in need of a very small case with a powerful PC. I am looking at a few designs and your is just wow:D:rock:

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thank you very much, I'm happy you like the Tower. I have to say I love those day photos too. It was hard to show/express the look of it during night, so even the best night photos don't show the actual look of the Tower. Day light was more kind, have to say. Sunset gave a nice touch too.
    Those colors - that is why I also chose them, black and yellow looks great together, even when that yellow acrylic isn't really yellow sometimes, depends on light:)

Thanks man! I'm happy you like my design. maybe it is not as much artistic like some other projects, but I like the simplicity and all lines of my Tower. Glad that so many peeps like it too!:D

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

One of the most eye pleasing cases around. Attention to detail is superb

12. aeidau

aeidau Industrial Designer

Amazing dedication mate! :thumb:

Are there any completed interior shots or did I miss them scrolling back these last pages?

13. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

Yes, the yellow almost looks amber sometimes. Very nice job bud. :clap:

14. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I really should stop reading project logs at bit-tech cause every time I see project like this it makes me miss my workshop which is located 450km away from me :waah:

Great project you have made there! Maybe I could try something like this if or when I start new project :D

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

You got one of my votes buddy! ;) Merry Xmas!!! :)

16. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Congrats on the MOTY, The quality of this build, it deserves to be there.

17. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

One of my alltime favo's!
    Congratulations on your MOTY 2011 nomination!! :thumb:

18. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Cheers guys and congrats on your nominations too!!!:thumb:
    WOW, I just replied on main MOTY thread - 25 builds we have this year and 10 votes! Hard to choose, but helps a lot with number of votes we can use.
    It's going to be tough, so many brilliant builds put together, bit-tech/custompc guys did a great job with this article:clap:

19. Bull3t

Bull3t What's a Dremel?

out standing the level of details the pre-planing and design the execution of the google sketchup

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Loved this one from the beginning