1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Return of Monitor / OCUK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pete*, 20 Oct 2011.

1. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Andrew my thoughts are that at least you are trying to help which should be appluded which I have to say often doesnt even happen at all. Bad things happen but its what we do to try and put them try which in the end we will all be judged on !

2. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Just to add guys, Andrew has been nothing but helpful, atleast for me personally anyway and as a whole throughout the thread.

I've raised the refund issue over on OcUK and i'm sending the invoice over to be dealt with and
    will (I assume) receive the extra on the refund (of around £45) in the next 5-10 days (that
    hasn't been stated by OcUK or me btw, just assuming it may take upto that length of time for it to process).

While the whole issue is annoying (to say the least) - I have no issue with Andrew himself
    and he also hasn't tried to claim they don't have to do anything about any part of the returns,
    delivery, refunds processes etc.

For that I thank Andrew for his help.

Don't jump down peoples throats quite so fast people. :)

3. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Hi Andrew,

I just want to clarify, I am in no way upset with you, or any of the support staff at overclockers, Infact, James Bailey has been extremely helpful and quick throughout this really frustrating experience. - If you could pass my thanks onto him, that would be great.

I am more dissapointed with the company as a whole, someone, somewhere must have made the decision to put these obviously broken monitors on sale as B-Grade in an attempt to get rid, and it is this that is extremely annoying.

Thanks

Hugh

4. kelvinb

AWWWWWW now im feeling the love in this room, all that needs to happen is the probelms be sorted for Pete as I know his pain and im sure Andrew will be feeding back to the powers that be about what their customers experiances are both good (and there are some posts stating this) but also the bad

Much love xx !

5. pete*

:clap: Awww, spread the love. Peeeeeace. :clap:

There is no hippy smiley, shame. :D

As Hughwi said, the disappointment lies with someone, somewhere trying to get rid of obviously
    unfit products.

Which unfortunately the support staff bear the brunt of angry customers. :(

6. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Ive had a look into the quality of the product that has been b-graded. It is clear theres are "b-grade" and certainly couldnt be sold as new, the odd few in question should probably have had a different grading and a defect description added in such a case as something as has been highlighted (a screen that sits wonky) is not really fit for purpose as a standard b-grade and as such shouldnt be sold without some sort of list of issue. Ill have a word with the team in question.

7. kelvinb

I agree Andrew this should be clearly advised so that any customer who buys a "B" grade has a clear understanding of any defects. Its posative that you are feeding this back so that no customer has to go through anything like Pete

8. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

OK, my refund has just landed, but I am missing the original postage costs... Annoying, but at least I can go through the credit card company. Andrew, is there anything that can be done at your end? James said he was going to get this added back on for me? - I am going to drop in another ticket.

9. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I'm getting confused replies from OCUK support about the original delivery cost I had to pay to get it shipped to me refunded.

How can something so simple be made so complicated. and the webnote system is so damn annoying having to filll out the for for each and ever time I want to send a message or reply its like its put there test if you really want to contact them.

Why I am having to fight so hard to get something back that should be proactivley approached by CS at their end rather than the customer having to badger them into working out why I want my money back for original delivery costs. Agh!

*edit its actually £12 as I didnt see VAT was being applied to delivery charge!

Last edited: 4 Nov 2011
  10. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Andrew, you might want to check out whether paragraph 4.5 of the OCUK terms and conditions is legal.

You are not allowed to deduct any expenses for failed delivery.

11. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Make sure you clear payment on the statement period when you bought the U2711, you avoid interest payments this way from your credit card company over a disputed charge. Raise Section 75 (see template letter in my signature linked thread) and you can list a whole host of additional expenses that you have incurred over the purchase and return of the U2711 monitor. This can include the cost of telephone calls, delivery (both receive and return), packaging, really anything that you can easily account for be it a bill or receipt.

Just be transparent and keep OCUK updated if you are pursuing other routes to reclaim your money if they keep messing you about. Keep it to the point and civil and present your argument in a matter of fact way. I've never actually had to take Section 75 the full course, as a rule of thumb the retailer tends to sway towards the right way of handling the situation after the professionals (credit card company!) get involved.

12. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Blogins - Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your help and advice.

Kosch/Pete* - either of you seen the rest of the refund yet?

13. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

No problem! sp4nky is a top Consumer Rights Ninja as well mind! :thumb:

Have OCUK processed the rest of the refund for you then?

14. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

This is correct but in this case through no fault of our own DPD left the parcel with the reception at the building completing the consignment.

Those terms are in place so that people do not call up to argue about postage when they recieved it.

15. HMBX

HMBX What's a Dremel?

Not acceptable for a representative of a retailer to blame a Courier. You took the money, you deliver the stuff. Do you think I could take my Ford back to the dealer and have them tell me the reason the wiper blade came off is because Lucas or whoever made it, delivered the new improved version to the wrong site and I ended up with faulty ones ?

Not really.

I know you can't help what the Courier's get up to, and most are quite poor, typical British Scally mentality, CBA if the drop is out of the way, and most of the drivers aren't paid enough to be motivated to do the job properly...

But never ever, 'blame' the Courier, publically, as you are doing, extremely bad business. Anything they do is YOUR fault, see my Ford example.

16. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

When the customer cancels a contract with you prior to delivery, do you not instruct the delivery company to return the item to yourselves?

In this case OCUK acknowledged that the contract had been cancelled prior to delivery and the initial delivery attempt was refused, as per the advice from OCUK, so it's hardly the customer's fault.

If you have issues with DPD's performance in this matter, charging the customer is not fair, is it?

17. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Yes, it is advised by our team to ask the customer to do this should they delivery driver turn up to deliver it. In the case above this happened however the driver pulled a fast one and delivered it to reception, something we unfortunately cant control.

This is why i have offered up a game/bench voucher code as a means of an apology for the mix up from DPD

18. pete*

Nope. Sent the invoice for return delivery for the refund and they have the SupportNote. Heard
    nothing since I sent the invoice so far.

Not sure how long it's been, 3 or 4 days? Maybe.. Will send another e-mail tomorrow and a
    note see whats up with it. :)

19. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Just to update you all, I have received my final refund of the postage amount, so I now have all my money back, almost a month after I bought the bloody thing.

I hope your refunds go as smoothly!

20. DarrenH

DarrenH What's a Dremel?

I sent back two separate orders from Scan as they did not work well with my system. They refunded me with no hassle but I did have to pay for the return postage which I grouped together. I was not refunded the postage costs but I was happy they did not give me any grief over the issues.

But I have to give 1,000% cudos to Amazon(UK). I paid the postage on an item for its original delivery. I then sent it back and asked for a refund as it did not work as I expected it too. I got a very fast refund as soon as they received the goods back from me. I also got the cost of the postage for sending it back and also the postage costs of the original delivery.

Now that's service!