1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 18 May 2011.

?

Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)

Poll closed 24 Jun 2011.
  1. 1st design

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. 2nd design

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Its not like it looks bad, and well it might just be me, but I really preferred the smooth look. I think that the texture minimizes the way that the light was naturally shading around the curves.

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I think it looks fantastic Alex, sample 3 or 4 would be my choice but this looks stunning.

3. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Impressive finish, the color is wonderful. The vent finish, well not so much. A dark wrought iron look would be more my taste, and the granite. :)

4. Nanosec

Nanosec absit iniuria verbis

Love those final pics, but i do think the vents still need something....Craig - toyoracer's idea of wrought iron sounds good, or maybe something like the finish on an outdoor grill (toasted flat black, with just a touch of heat strain showing)

You will figure out something that works for you, i'm sure

5. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

This thing reminds me of something that would fit just perfectly inside a Wraith Hive Ship... Am I showing my "geek" colors too much with that one? :D

6. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

:eeek::eeek::eeek: I´m amazed by that texture! Think you def should go for this one... Those cracks looks stunning. Don´t you dare go smoothe!!!! The only thing I could think of is, is that if I´d made this mod (yeah right! .... in another world maybe), I´d probably add a more matte look to it, like vandalized concrete or something, but that´s just me. Looking soooo great!!!!

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

That finish looks very other-worldly dude, fantastic work.

Simply cannot wait to see this fired up and working.

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks man nice to hear from you! :)

Yeah in a point it became more "gothic" -not so smooth- yet under the right lighting its ok, the pictures were taken near the time of sunset so I couldnt picture the right lighting effect. I am trying to satisfy all the modders but thats impossible lolz some people like that some this so I am in the middle trying to do my best! Hopefully when all the other parts are finished and assembled the overall look will change to better!

Thanks bro!! :)

I might change that to your preference but I dunno if it will work due to my "fake" lighting effect trick I wanna use -dark areas- . Thanks man! :)

I will check that out and I might do some changes! Thanks!! :)

Lolz "geek" colors indeed! ;) Thanks bro!

Thanks buddy!!! I am trying to satisfy everyone here so I must find something in between! Not so easy for me but I try my best! :)

Thanks bro glad you liked it, more to follow! :)

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Alex, this isn't a computer, it's art that just happens to have a computer in side it. Looking fabulous mate...Top modding

10. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Did you go for texture 4?

11. awadon

awadon What's a Dremel?

I must say that this is a piece of art !! Gaudi would be proud :) Looking at your works I must admit too, that you are one of the best modders :cooldude:

Texture looks very good. Maybe a little too shiny for me in this light. But it's my very humble opinion. And I know that I shouldn't judge it at this stage of work:)

Waiting for the next update :)

12. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

It looks amazing. This is a true piece of art. I am very jealous of your skills :).

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro, I really appreciate that! :)

Its a mixture of 4 and 3 and also some other additions, so I wont disappoint anyone! ;)

Thank you my friend for your kind words, I do my best and I work really hard to create something different. The shinny parts were removed after I applied the acrylic varnish so now you will like it I believe ;)

Thank you my friend, its not only skills but its a lot of hard work and patience! Anyone can do this as long as they are willing to work with no limits! ;)

14. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Now thats some sweeet paint work :thumb:

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro! :)

16. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

:jawdrop: I'm lost for words ...don't know what to say ...I ain't never seen anything like it ...It's just bloody amazing what you can do Alex!

I don't think it matters whether this thing houses a pc or not, standing alone by itself what you've created is totally inspiring. :clap:

17. matt...

matt... Slacker

:jawdrop: jawdropping work Alex :jawdrop:

I don't know how you even conceive of these creations mate​

18. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Aliens will stole that space ship from your house..just warning :D

Great work;)

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks brother I really appreciate your comments and your support to my efforts!!! :)

Thanks bro, I dont know either lolz! The idea this time came from a friend of mine, well the rest is just imagination and hard work! ;)

Thanks Anselmo! LoL I will **** on my pants if I see them coming hahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

20. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Time for one more update guys! This is a very random update with some of the things I did during these days.

Lets begin with the GPU modification. As many of you might now, there isnt any full waterblock for the GTX 560 Ti or at least there wasnt till the day I was searching for one so I had to find a solution. I found a kit from Arctic Cooling but I didnt have money for the universal GPU block so... improvising time!!

First of all I disassembled the card by removing the heatsink and inspecting the card further.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also removed that heatsink in order to attach the Arctic Cooling ones but later I changed my mind as you will see in the process.

[​IMG]

You will see that I decided to use the fins along with that original heatsink for 2 reasons. The first reason is that the fins that came with the package there were insufficient and also the size of them wasnt correct. The second reason is that by combining the fins with the heatsink I can hypothetically improve the cooling. So I attached the fins with an adhesive thermal paste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I couldnt afford to buy a waterblock for the GPU (also no access to a cnc mill) I had to dig in my water cooling stuff to find a solution. The only compatible in a way block I could find was a Heatkiller CPU block which with some modification would fit just right! So I start measuring and marking the block.

[​IMG]

One note to all of my modder friends out there! Working with stainless steel by hand its a PITA for sure!!! It took me 45 minutes to find a proper way to drill 4 holes!! I had to use a cone carbide drill bit after I did some reading on the webs. Also I used some reinforced discs on my dremel to do the cuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I polished the copper too as it was really messy lolz!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That backplate came with the Arctic Cooling set.

[​IMG]

And after this and that I finished my custom made waterblock and now the card is finished and ready for some tests (crossing fingers!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now some other things I did. USB holder modding in process...

[​IMG]

Spacers cut and filed after measuring the proper distance between the top part and the USB holder....

[​IMG]

Holes for the Bitspower's fan controller....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clamped the face of the controller to make perfect holes the ghetto way!

[​IMG]

Finished!!!

[​IMG]

And finally the creation of the power and restart buttons. I cut 1 mm clear acrylic to glue it on the back of the buttons, sanded it, glued it, filled it and last I attached the part from the switch on them. And yes... I also painted them blue candy! I have to tell you that the combination of the colors will look awesome as I did some minor tests with the various items and colors to see how it look and I have to admit that it looks pretty nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now guys, till next time, Peace!!! :)