1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

because Russian armour is already angled and angling the tank would negate it?

[honestly i don't know either]

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Russian armour is designed to deflect head-on hits with more shaping, German armour deflects just with its vertical slope. Angle a german tank 45° and you've got a thickness bonus, angle a Russian tank and you've ruined the advantage the design gives.

3. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Russian tanks front armour converges generally so its angle both backward and sideways this being particularly prominent on the IS4 and 7. By angling sideways you negate the side ways slope.
    Also angling will increase your profile so make it more likely you'll be hit unless your rear is behind a building.

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Just going back to hit skins.

Is there a way of just changing your skins on your tank when you're in the garage? That would be really useful, and obviously wouldn't be cheating as you're not in game (do we agree on that?)

Does anyone know of any sites that are showing all the skins as images? I wouldn't mind just taking a look at them all.

Oh and cheers for the hints on which way to position your tank.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No way to just have hit skins in the garage I'm afraid, the game basically renders the tanks in a static map with the settings applied.

What you could do is apply the skins, play a couple of battles taking numerous screenshots of every tank, then turn them off and use your screenies as a study aid. :)

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Rather than looking at the skins, take a brief look at tank anatomy as a whole:

If exhaust comes out of it, its probably the engine.
    If its the end with the drive sprockets, its the same end that houses the transmission.
    Turret ring is between the turret and tank (lol).
    Look for the drivers viewing hole/hatch, he'll be under it.
    Look for the commanders/loaders hatches, they'll be under those.
    The ammo rack is usually, but not always at the back and base of the turret.
    The gunner sits just behind the gun, on the same side as the optics.

Simple things like that can be applied to almost any AFV, though I just tend to look for a place on the target that is perpendicular to the direction of the shell, and hope for a penetrating hit/HP damage rather than specific critical hits nowadays.

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

If you follow the links to the skins posted earlier, you will find YouTube videos of the skins on tanks being rotated 180deg in the garage. I think there are PDF's available somewhere as well showing where to hit all the different tanks.

I found this more helpful than figuring out how to install the skins safely and I haven't bothered with installing them.

As mentioned earlier by someone, once you learn where to hit specific tanks, you don't need the skins any more as your aiming become habit.

8. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I do generally hit the soft points, and I have an alright idea of whats going on, I just wanted a closer look.

But cheers for the help.

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

10. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

I noticed in my M12 that KV's seem to be particularly week on the top of the turrent. This is oviously also true for open topped arty and TD, but only relevant if your playing arty.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I understand your enjoyment of the one-shot kill now pope. One shotted an IS-3 with my Tiger today :) Admittedly blind luck, must have ammo-racked him but what made it funny was the way he raged. Oh did he rage. Accusations of gold ammo and/or hacks, insults, spam, the works. What's even more amusing was the way he was STILL raging 3 battle later :lol:

I shouldn't laugh because I know I'd be pissed but somehow i feel satisfied. :D

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

just get a KV 152mm derp...then youll experience one shotting often ( using HE rounds of course )

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Exactly ;) This was an AP round (Avg. damage of 220) taking out a 1500hp target. It just felt good y'know lol

14. lilgoth89

i love my KV atm, derping people is so much fun, so tempting to keep it, fit it with the rammer, inpoved ventalation, and maybe the aimer / coated optics, brilliant to pop out round a courner...derp someone in the face, then hide back behind the building and hope that they dont come after you :naughty: :naughty:
    would be good to get someone else in a KV to go duo / tri derping platoon as i can usually wipe 30 - 40% off most people i come accross 3 derps would be death to just about anything we come across ( provided of course we hit the target :naughty: )

Last edited: 9 Nov 2011
  15. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

The kv derp can penetrate a king tiger from the side. That causes rage.

16. lilgoth89

the derp really shouldnt be used with anything other than HE rounds...
    like the 105 for the hetzer
    but with the advantage that even a hetzer is one shotted from the front
    then you gotta reload...

then....

make a sandwich

then... read the paper...

go for a dump...

then sleep for a bit...

then

:clap: YAY RELOADED
    DERP!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
    realoading...:wallbash:

17. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I just did 950 dmg on a type 59 with the derp gun on kv:p He was quite suprised:D

18. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Got 9 kills in a round with the KV's 152mm gun today. I felt like God.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Hehe this made me chuckle.

20. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Good for you, I hate Type 59's...