1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Durd

Durd Minimodder

Graphically it's not as stunning as I'd hoped, but the game seems to have a much more interesting environment.. My main gripe is the map. I mean, WTF? Honestly, why is it a 3D map? Why not a map like Oblivion/ Morrowind, a proper 2D one... Ohh well, just have to wait for some mods :p

2. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Well I preordered and got a rather lovely paper map as a bonus and that's most definitely 2D...

3. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Well I preordered and got a lovely cloth map :p

4. Durd

Durd Minimodder

I know, I had to get the steam version though, as it would have been difficult for me to pick up a physical copy :(

And just my luck, I'm busy all today, away from home tonight, and not back until 6 on Saturday, so I've only managed to sneak in a few hours gameplay :(

5. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

It's not actually cloth you know... :waah:

This disappointed me greatly

6. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Up side is any critical patch will be out by then, so you can dl and enjoy, rather than CTD, etc

7. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

map seems to be textured paper definitely nothing like cloth

8. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Mine's definitely cloth. Like a handkerchief...

9. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

well you wouldn't want to blow your nose on mine

it seems to be the posh one it says physical map on the back of the box and doest feel like the normal one

but I wouldn't call it cloth

10. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Haha, yeah I was just kidding - I guess my tone didn't really come across in a one-liner!

Yeah, mine's a sort-of ridge textured paper-esque A3+ map - I was rather disappointed also! I had expected something like a large 'glasses cleaner' cloth, but hey - it's a map, it's blu-tacked on my wall and looks great!

TSB

11. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Well f*** you too Bethesda. It's a steamworks game that I can't get from steam...

12. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

This sounds stupid. But the standard retail box...how big is it? Normal DVD case size? Just want to know if my postie will be able to post it though ok.

13. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Yeah, standard size. Mine was from Amazon so fairly minimal packaging and it got posted with the rest of the mail.

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Looks like I am going to have to wait for a patch (got the PC version in the end). So far I have tried 4 times to get past the opening sequence after creating my character - CTD every time. It looks very nice so far but the sound is well dodgy - the dolby digital keeps cutting out.

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Ok I got overly excited about the game & played it as soon as it unlocked, not as blown away by it as my excitement would have me believe, but it is awesome still :D & my rig has no problem maxing the game out & get some tearing even on a 120hz monitor :lol: but I'd rather that than chuggy unplayable fps :) & this confirms that when high res texture packs get made I shouldn't have problem running some mods to let it look even better :thumb:.

Only played about 2 hours last night, lots of improvements over oblivion but oblivion seemed nicer to run around in, seemed to be more colourful but that's due to the cold setting I suppose :D you can even catch butterflies split logs (I don't know what for yet though :D) :D found a stray horse hanging around it's previous owner which handles sooooo much better than oblivion but didn't know the sprint button so it's ankles were getting nipped by a wolf :lol: so had to jump off to kill it & take it's fur :D while doing so the horse went back to it's dead owner.

In other news Steam forum got hijacked & whoever did it spammed a multiplayer cheat site on the forum & some other things :(.
    [​IMG]

I'm off to play some more :).

Last edited: 11 Nov 2011
  16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Just got back from work, popped to Sainsbury's at lunch and got it. Unfortunately it's not for me but my gf so I can't play it till she gets back and has the first go :(

17. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Tried this?

Source.

18. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Mine didn't arrive today. :eyebrow: Angry email dispatched to Amazon.

Is anyone playing this on a 460 GTX? I'd like to see their settings so I don't have to mess about a lot with them. Also, if you are using a AMD Phenom... that'd be nice. *hopeful*

:lol:
    xxx

Actually, if anyone asks this question again. Toms has the answer... ANSWER

Last edited: 11 Nov 2011
  19. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Also ordered from amazon and paid extra for first class delivery, hasn't arrived today. Bit annoying as away over the weekend, maybe will try to get ahead on uni work so have more time to play it next week.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah, first thing I tried as a few games struggle at the high end. The sound is better but the dialogue still crackles and pops and cuts out completely at times.

CTDs galore though!

I am not too bothered as I kind of expected it - they seem to know about the issues themselves so I am sure a patch is on the way. This game is a long player so I am not so worried if it's a bit flakey for the first week or two!