1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Another unhappy Amazon shopper here (mine hasn't arrived yet either), though Royal Mail is to blame as Amazon shipped it on the 9th at 8:22AM and it hasn't arrived yet.
    Seeing as I paid for 1-2 business days delivery the RM team should have got it here by today at the latest, I'll be getting hold of those useless postal people.

3. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Cheers dude. I actually put it in my answer.

Amazon have promised to refund my postage already which has appeased me as now I am paying for the normal service.

I am looking forward to playing it. I was hoping to get some headway tonight as I have some terminals to buy and some crimping to do an other wiring on my car stereo, so I am still disappointed.

4. Gh0stDrag0n

Gh0stDrag0n Unleash the Beast!

Did you try changing your sound output settings? 16 bit 96k worked for me.

5. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Been playing a lot today, and there are a LOT of little changes which make things so much better than oblivion:

- melee attack with a bow
    - shield bash (wtb other deadly reflex features as well :p)
    - duel powered magic is hilariously fun (HADOUKEN!)
    - people actually have jobs
    - children and pets
    - levelling system that makes some sort of sense.

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Maybe some tweaking will fix it. I got the sound working by playing with the sound settings as mentioned, but it still crashes about every 15 minutes. I have put it back 'on the shelf' until a patch arrives anyway. These kind of things are usually video card related so I might have to wait for AMD to get the next driver out - although they have only just released 11.10. I just can't be bothered to fight with another PC game at the moment! Doesn't matter - it will keep.

Been playing the PS3 version instead (got it for my nephew for Xmas - thought I would make sure it worked!). Graphics are definitely a lot poorer on the PS3 (they seem to be very 'muddy' - worse than Fallout actually) although the gameplay is much the same. Seems to play a bit better on a controller actually.

There's a crazy amount of stuff to pick up - I was already deep into inventory management by the third room! I think I spent most of my time in Fallout 3 and NV tring to find room for the next items I picked up. It's harder at the start because you don't know what's going to be needed. You never know, 30 battered cooking pots may be the exact ingrediant to make 'the sword to end all swords' later in the game!

So far, it's feeling more like 'Fallout with swords' rather than an Elder Scrolls game. They have even used some of the Fallout sound effects (critical kill being one) which doesn't help to keep me focused on the Elder Scrolls.

Anyways, quite enjoying it so far on the PS3 - hopefull soon I'll pick it up again on my PC version.

7. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I just punched a dragon to death.

(in fairness it was a frost dragon, and I'm a nord who had some frost resistance potions to hand, so he did no damage at all, so decided to have some fun and punch him)

I do like the fact that the dragon bones stay around what seems to be permanently

8. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

my amazon order arrived yesterday - gutted for you guys who didn't get it on time!!!

I've only played a couple of hours but loving it so far. trying my best not to see it for fallout as that's just ruining it a bit.

9. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I've only played the first 2 fallouts, so I don't think I'll be worrying about that. More, when the postman arrives this morning! :)

10. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

I was pleasantly surprised that it auto detected ultra for everything. I realise graphically it isn't as nice as BF3, but the design of characters and buildings shines through.

Apparently you can tweak some of the settings in the ini files such as forcing Vsync off/on and disabling mouse smoothing. Has anyone felt that the mouse feels a bit floaty ingame? Woudl switching mouse smoothing off make much difference?

11. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Not arrived with today's post either. :\
    I think I'm going to cancel all my other Amazon pre-orders and go elsewhere.

I was looking forward to a weekend full of Skyrim as well, I guess it'll be a Battlefield 3 weekend now + some model making.
    On the bright side, at least with this delay the game means that I'll be able to read the bugs people have found so I can avoid them when I eventually get to play it.

12. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Hey. I feel your pain as it didn't arrive for me either. I have asked for a full refund and purchased it on steam.

Only 1 hour left of the download. Might give me time to do my car stereo. I'm still annoyed though when you consider that there is the friendly between England and Spain this afternoon already eating into the time spent with Skyrim.

^life feels quite sad sometimes eh? lol NAH :rock:

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

14. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

Got mine from zip yesterday. Word to the wise. Do not attack the chicken in Riverwood. I have done that, gone on a quest. Come back and the entire village attacks me. Very annoying. I can't finish off my bits there now. I thought for crimes you had a choice of either paying bounty or prison time?

15. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

now thats a deal! thanks!!

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Hah, I did the exact same thing (roast chicken anyone?), but luckily I spotted another house I didn't steal every possession from yet so found out that it made them hostile before questing.

17. Masterdeadly

Masterdeadly What's a Dremel?

I purchased Skyrim from steam without any issues, £5 for expensive than Amazon but i don't like having discs and boxes lying about the place, that's just me.

18. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

It's pissing me right off. I am hoping that a guard is going to charge me in Whitewood so I can go back and complete a few bits.

19. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

If anyones managed to get a companion yet... Use the conversation line "I need you to do something" and then on a far away object, hold E, Telekinesis anyone? ;)

20. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

My companion annoyed me so I told her to go.