1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

My companion died taking on a wolf.. stupid AI.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

For anyone that wonders what it looks like, here's a quick 15 minute wander through part of Skyrim. Settings are on Ultra.

(It is uploaded, its just that Youtube can take a while to process it first!).

The dodgy FPS is mainly due to Fraps running! I get 30-40 fps during gameplay.

(Whoops, it seems I rendered the first scene twice - thought it was bigger than it should have been!).

Last edited: 12 Nov 2011
  3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

FU Skyrim, FU.

[​IMG]

I had a bad day.. Then I played as my character.

4. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

Great game, was up far too late last night playing cos its sooo damn addictive! About 7hrs in & lvl 11. Been doing mostly side quests & exploring, although just killed my 1st dragon - they are fantastic!!!

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

*looks out window*

Hmmmmh..

*looks at clock*

HOLY CRAP I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS ALL NIGHT...

6. MikeMK

MikeMK What's a Dremel?

Lol, yeah, the game is like a time warp! 5hrs go by a d it seems like an hour!

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I picked a fight with a frost dragon yesterday, it didn't go well. It killed me a number of times, then I ran away and hid in a dungeon/ruins for a while.

How can I stop myself from getting killled? Anything magical can usually woop me.

Oh, and wasted 1k gold yesterday, bought a horse, and then it went off and started attacking some mages, killed one and then it got killed! What a waste of money.

8. Durd

Durd Minimodder

You need to be careful against mages. Engaging them in combat is often tricky as they can usually slow you. I usually sneak and use a bow.

As for the dragons, find a rock that you can hide against when it tries to attack. They'll only land in one place, so work out where that is and find some cover nearby. A few potions normally help :)

** POTENTIAL SPOILER **

Has anyone got far enough into the thieves guild or the dark brotherhood? You get some pretty decent light armour of both of them!

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Yeah yesturday and friday I sat down in the evening to play for a few hours. Next time I looked up it was 4am.

****ing game, it should be Skyrim: Get so angry you shout bears off cliffs and eats weekends

10. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

I think a bit of wee just came out

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Inventory Management

Hi,

More than with the other ES and Fallout games I am really struggling with weight. I am forever having to drop valuable stuff simply because I can't carry it. When I go on a quest I hardly come back with any loot simply because the stuff I need takes up most of my weight. I know this is immersive, but it's also a pain as I am spending more time in my inventory than I am playing the game!!

So, are there any tips out there to make this easier. i.e what skill trees should I follow and what scrolls/potions should I look out for that will help me spend less time in my inventory screen?

12. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Pretty sure pickpocketing skill tree allows you to increase carrying capacity by 100 dude. :)

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Cool - will check it out. Just looking for that loot drop that says 'Supreme Armour with bigger pockets"!!

14. Durd

Durd Minimodder

Avoid picking up "expensive" armour or weapons. They rarely fetch a decent price. Look at gold/ weight ratio, you want that to be at least 50 on most items your picking up (apart from weapons/ armour)

I haven't had a problem with weight at all on this game, and I've managed to accumulate over 15,000 gold, and have nothing to do with it... :confused: Think I'll just have to spam all my skills up and level about 5 times.

Also, thieves guild armour allows an extra 20 weight.

15. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

You can still buy houses. I've seen them on offer if you find the relevant person in the town hall area.

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Not sure why everyone seems to love this game so much. Graphics are terrible, combat looks clunky..... must be the story?

17. Hazda

Hazda What's a Dremel?

The 6xx/7xxx cards can't come quick enough. Dragons are stunning.

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Probably not your thing then.

19. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Got this installed and ready to go once my new build's problems are ironed out, but worried I'm going to lose a lot of time in my personal life! :lol:

From the looks of it, I'm hoping that a user texture pack comes out, as the graphics don't look quite up to what I was expecting. But still the vastness of it looks to be spot on, along with the immersion.

20. Durd

Durd Minimodder

I think it's just the adventure... You'd probably like it, there's trolls :lol: