1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Anno 2070 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 13 Nov 2011.

1. Luca

Luca What's a Dremel?

This reviewer is obviously biased against the game even before properly giving it a chance. There's nothing wrong with the Ecos vs Tycoons setting, which I'm guessing is his main beef with Anno 2070. And he completely left out the fact that at the end of the 2nd mission, that dickhead of a boss you had was fired, and the CEO now puts you in charge.

What's more, this whole Dam breaking man-made disaster which is caused by rushed company schedules from corporate suits totally happened in real life: The BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill in 2010. When I played the demo, it was surreal to me, not because the developers were purposely out to make corporations look bad, but that this was a scenario that actually happened.

And you don't know if everyone on the Ecos side are good, just like how you don't know everyone on the Tycoons side are bad. You really have to wait for the full game to come out. And in my opinion, the demo was Awesome, with a Capital A!

2. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

What the hell is an Anno?

The review was interesting, and surprisingly makes me want to try it out for myself, too...but mostly just because I still have no idea what's going on, just that it's boring.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

should introduce you to it.

4. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Nice rundown Gunsmith. Didnt watch it all.....but the "you can play this for **** hours n not scratch the surface." really sums it up.

You get out of it what u want for how long u want. Truley awesome series, lets hope 2070 lives up to its potential :D

5. BewareofCrisps

BewareofCrisps What's a Dremel?

Is it just me or is EVERY Bit-gamer review heavily opinionated and lacking in detail? This review says literally nothing about the real content of the demo, the setting and overall gameplay of the game, or anything else that isn't an opinion.

I personally loved the demo. It has a great aesthetic, the gameplay is solid, and the voice acting is believable. On the point of faction bias, I don't think that the ecos are really favoured: they may be nice to look at, but they have a terrible production ability.

I just hope 2070 can live up to 1404's potential when it comes to the continuous mode.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

if 2070 is as deep as 1404 (and judging from what ive read it is) then we're in for a real treat

7. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

Don't judge the game by a demo. The scenarios or campaign were every time some type of tutorial, simply caused by the fact that most people would say "or this is too complicated is there a tutorila for this?". You can't please everyone. I always skipped the campaign and firstly tried the open game type, which was never included in the demo. If its as good as 1404, perhaps a bit more complex, then I don't regret the buy. Lets see how it performs.

The review just simply lacks real informations. Judging Anno for its campaign mode is like reviewing the BF3 beta mentioning the bugs, without the fun in the MP mode. If its not your type game simply don't buy it, if your into economy simulations and strategy games give it a shot.

My main problem is that the different house types look quite similar, perhaps I just have to adept to this.

8. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Never played the previous games, but loved the demo, did take a while to work out where the buttons were.

Will look forward to its release, but it looks like it wont be on steam so does that mean a physical media or is there another download service with it?

Kimbie

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I would have thought it would be coming to steam. I know 1404 is.

As I said in the other thread. This is a pretty poor demo. Had I not played 1404 before I would be quite put off by this which is a real shame. However from the demo I could get that it's going to be as good, if not better than 1404 so I'm excited about it :)

10. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Honestly not heard of the Anno series before, but reading some reviews of 1404 makes it seem rather appealing.

I won't be trying out the demo though, by the sounds of it it doesn't exactly give you a good feel for what the game is really about.

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I bought the gold edition on steam because I was bored and wanted a setters type strategy game. If I remember right I played the 1404 demo and I think that one was pretty decent, decent enough to want me to buy the full game for cheap and carry on playing.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's out today apparently, and is up on steam too.

Has anyone got it yet? I would like to, but £35 on steam is a little steep for me, and I've got **** all money left.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

my collectors edition arrives later on this morning, £35 on steam is a little steep imo considering i paid £42 for the CE

[​IMG]

i'll make a "Wild Card" of it come this weekend after i sunk all of friday into it

14. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

No collectors edition available in Aus :(

talk about 3rd world problems :p

Was the same for sc2.....only like 500 in the country. No chance of getting one. Q.Q

15. barbary

barbary What's a Dremel?

I'm going to say the same thing as everyone else.

The Campaigns in Anno are always nothing more than a tutorial and often still fail to give out important information.

People play Anno for the Random generated games that can take days to complete.

Tags: Add Tags