1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Limey ------> update: 14 nov. - more building progress

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rambo, 4 Oct 2009.

1. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius Computer!

2. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Very very nice case :D :thumb:

3. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Wow, looks fantastic painted! Wasn't 100% convinced by the renders, but looks like you pulled it off so far; congrats and keep going!

4. Watchtown

Watchtown What's a Dremel?

It looks really spaced out! i like the design, reminds me of some toys you could buy x years ago

Well done, keep it clean!

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice :D:clap::thumb:.

6. rambo

rambo What's a Dremel?

Yeah Jimmy Neutron is awesome!

Thanks guys for al the kind words you posted. Here is a small update of the building progress. One of the things that I needed to make where some cooling support things for the corsair H60 cooling unit. These things will connect the fan bracket to the inner frame for more strength.

Fan bracket support things. They still need to be black anodised:
    [​IMG]

Painting my DVD player housing black:
    [​IMG]

Here you can see a piece of black painted mesh glued in place. The mesh is there because it looks neat and to provide some fan protection.
    [​IMG]

The new glued in place black painted DVD front thing:
    [​IMG]

Keep on modding and See you next time, Julian :hip:

7. avolla

avolla Mini Water Modder

Absolutely amazing work you are doing here. I wish we all had the time, equipment and talent that you have shown so far in this build. Cant wait to see how this progresses.

8. rambo

rambo What's a Dremel?

Hi there here is jet another small update of the building progress. I mounted some things and anodised the Fan bracket support things black. To anodise things it needs to be mounted to a holder so that it can be placed in several baths with different kind of chemicals.

Also I glued a mesh in the front of the case. On top of this mesh will be a finer mesh this is to prevent most of the dust from coming in. The first mesh is the one that is visible from the outside and will be there for the looks. On top of this I will glue a bracket were 2 fans can be mounted on 1x140mm and 1x120mm.

To hold the side panels in place I used the little blocks on the bottom (that I showed previously) and a self made spring construction in the top corners.

I bolted the support things to a aluminium strip with a aluminium bolt:
    [​IMG]

And now there black:
    [​IMG]

To hold the mesh in place wile I glued it I placed a couple of things that I had in my drawer on top of the mesh:
    [​IMG]

Looks from the outside:
    [​IMG]

Here is the spring construction that I can turn from the outside of he case using an a Allen key:
    [​IMG]

The right side panel mounted in place:
    [​IMG]

The case is almost finished now so I am feeling :naughty: :hip: :clap:

Keep on modding and See you next time, Julian :hip:

Waynio likes this.
  9. bugeye

bugeye Sleep Deprived

Think this is great :thumb: particularly like the way you made the mould ..... very clever :brrr:

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

So glad this one picked up again! Loving the shape and colour!:thumb:

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Ah haaaa so it was here where I got inspired to make my own pci/io piece by using layers because of a lack of mill or even a router :D knew it was a project here, just couldn't remember which project :D, my earlier comment was just about the good looking form it is currently at & just had a fresh look from begining to end & there it is the holy grail pci/io piece :D:rock: this case is absolutely awesome & your methods of achieving it all are too :thumb:.

A sweet blend of thinking/handy work/advanced machines/sweet sweet looks makes this an epic rig :) plus I didn't realise it had been going for so long :D.

Looks so simple but striking & cool but was so complex to get it to this point, I like that :). stars & rep :clap:

12. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Excellent stuff - do you anodize the alu at home, or do you have some contacts in that industry?

13. rambo

rambo What's a Dremel?

Hi I always hoped to inspire other people with my project and Waynio because of you I now know that I do inspire people with my project :hip:.

Nutman
    at my work we have the equipment to anodise the aluminium ourself but most of the stuff will be sent to a other company to let them anodised it. Only things that need to be anodised the same day will be done by ourself and because of the time I did these support things myself.

14. avolla

avolla Mini Water Modder

So how is the progress coming on the build? I've been watching this build an am absolutely blown away with the craftsmanship you are putting forth in this case. Keep up the good work.

15. rambo

rambo What's a Dremel?

Hi there finally I have some time to update my log. I needed to mount the PMMA window to the fibreglass side panel to do this I used 2 component glue and glued the parts together. Also I hated my non lighted fan in the PSU so I replaced it with a white lighted fan :D. To do this I needed to switch the connectors because the one from the PSU is smaller than a normal fan connector.

Here are some new photo's of the case stuffed with hardware :hip:

The glueing of the window:
    [​IMG]

Replacing the PSU fan:
    [​IMG]

Close up of the fan in the dark:
    [​IMG]

All the hardware inside:
    [​IMG]

The PC standing in al its glory:
    [​IMG]

In the dark:
    [​IMG]

I hope that I can take some better quality photo's soon so that u guys can see the true beauty.

For now: Keep on modding and See you next time, Julian :hip:

Still need to do 1 big thing and for that I will give a hind that most of the people will get :p
    [​IMG]

16. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

mmm what color?

17. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

YES! First thing i thought to myself when scrolling down was "please do epic cabling" :D

Love this build! Very original! :)

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Would be good but even so I have good visualization imagination & it looks like that but 100x better to the eye :D.

Some sweet sleeving to compliment this beauty :clap:.

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

So ultra close to complete, any final update or did you pass on doing the wires & decide to use as it is?.

Seems complete other than the wire work you hinted at. :)

20. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

When you posted the picture of all your hardware installed I was all like... "NOOOOOO"!

Then when you posted Nils' drawing I was all like "Aaaaaaaaawww Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah"!