1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Love my Type 59.

Hate facing them...

2. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I love oneshotting them:p Just hit the back of that turret and BAM.

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I love facing 59s too. They act like they're tough like the 54s, but they're not so they die easily.

4. j.col

j.col Minimodder

i should unlock the KV today, just need 2000 xp, but have 7000 free xp saved up, and 400,000 credits.
    so i should be able to get the good bits for it straight away.

whats this forum channel again? (i am currently with OcUK, but that is toooo quite)

lol,
    the 105mm in the Hertzer is nearly as bad, must be 20 seconds, i chaged it to the 75mm gun, and even though i dont 1 shot kill much anymore, the reload time is much quicker, so i survive longer ;)

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I love my type 59 so much xp and credits. If you know how to use it properly you can fairly easily get a steel wall.

6. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The reason I hate them is that I constantly come up against many of them in my (non-upgraded) Tiger and I need the bigger engine and gun to deal with them effectively.

I could buy one myself but that would be cheating seeing as you don't need XP or credits to get one, it is the easy way out.

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The forums channel is bit-gamer, password bit- gamer.

8. j.col

j.col Minimodder

thanks throbbi :thumb:

unlocked the KV, what a pig, top speed on stock engine is only about 15kph :grr:
    its going to be a bit of a grind to unlock the other engines and suspension

9. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

The power difference between the engines is basically nothing. Upgrade the tracks and train your driver :thumb:

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

The power difference on the first engine upgrade is 0! Just a reduced 15% fire risk (instead of 20% I believe).

The other option for getting up that route is to go for the T34-85 to KV13 to IS.

IF you don't like slow heavies...

11. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

THats how I did it, great way to go as the T34 and the T34-85 are both good fun, and KV-13 is brilliant. The only downside is that having NOT worked through the slow heavies, the IS now feels very sluggish, when to ex KV players, it'll be a joy!

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

even the 2nd engine upgrade only nets you an extra 60hp...its like having a hampster pushing the tank...you dont really feel it at all...its more to stop the performance becoming even worse when you put the extra weight of the kv-2 turret and the 107 / 152 mm gun on

Last edited: 11 Nov 2011
  13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Loving the KV's derp gun so much. Reading a victim's dazed and confused comment on how I knocked out 4 of his modules and killed some of his crew in one shot made me laugh for ages.

Last edited: 11 Nov 2011
  14. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Back to the game after a break (I was a little too tightly wound, one keyboard later time for a breather), loving my arty as much as ever. Is the Type 59 the current pet hate then? I'm still on "Fun with Ferdis" as if they're pointing at me even high calibre HE does little more than sting a touch (I do make rude gestures as well, it seems to be about as effective!)

Quick question for those that have - is the 152 on the KV worth a go? I'm inclined towards the lower calibre, high pen guns on the Russian tanks but it sounds like a lot of folks are having fun with the derp gun.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2011
  15. bagman

bagman Minimodder

The 107mm is the way to go. You usually last longer. Plus you can use it on the KV-3, as the KV-3 gun stock is horrible.

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I was expecting the 107mm to be really accurate but it missed the target everytime I fired so after 1 round I ditched it for the 152mm. I don't find the derp gun to be that bad at distance so I don't feel i'm missing much not using the 107. I don't mind the reload time either, so long as I stay close to friendly tanks.

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

QFT. I will admit to after almost perpetual hatred of the KV in general i got the 152m and derped my first victim and was hooked. The reload is excruciating but the fun of that poonk noise and BOOM! is epic. The 107mm expands on that nicely in my opinion, it doesn't have the huge damage of the 152 but it's still a good 280-290 avg. for me and with up to 167 penetration it makes it a giant killer.

That said, however, I've recently fallen in love with the VK3001(H). When you have a 5 medal battle it tends to make you like a tank :D

[​IMG]

Just a shame i had a couple of the kills get hit before I killed them so they had 200+ when I fired and about 50 when I hit but I'm not all that bothered lol

18. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Loved my VK3001H. To satisfy my curiosity I had to get all three T6 VKs, and it was my favourite. Small, fast, and maneuverable, and had great punch with the short 88, that was also nicely accurate. Held my best ever score for a fair while until the IS3 and Type 59 came along (~1750xp not-doubled).

Though I'll raise you this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If only we'd won, might have been my new highest ever score (I would have had 100% base capture and win bonus thrown in, but alas we were 7% away from draw on the capture, had a GW Panther try and stop theirs but it was destroyed)...

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

man im so fed up of the MM today...14 matches in a row my pz3 has been bottom of the table, facing tiger2's, IS4's, t32 ( american heavy ) EVERY single match so far...i get all of 30xp each match...the 13000 xp i need seems a stupidly long away

20. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Scouting is you're friend. This stage in you're tanking career is all about positioning.

Make sure you can see them, but you can still run away/hide with your tail between your legs.

Make sure your bigger tank chums can hit anything that can hit you/you're looking at.

Make sure if you do see combat you're going at top speed perpendicular to their turret movement. So that they can only hit you with a good shot.

Remember that if you see arty/td's NEVER STOP MOVING. Circle them so that you end up behind and take them out.

Good luck corporal.