1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

Sona is a support, therefore you build buff items that support your team. Sure, if you only care about burst healing then build her AP. But if you really cared about burst healing, you would pick Soraka instead.

So if someone is using tried, tested and proven viable play-styles then that annoys you? People should, instead of trying to improve their own game by building something that is proven, build not-so-standard and unproven builds just to keep you happy? OK then :blah:.

Been playing LoL for about a year now (level 30 on the US server, 24 on the EU, KFenn on both, but I don't really play US any more). Playing Jarvan atm, because 1. **** yes DEMACIA and 2. he's broken as hell and so much fun :D.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

You used to be able to build sona ap / cd reduction back in the day when they still had the lockbox item in the game. After they removed the item Sona lost a big buff / big item. Shortly after people began to build her more as an AP and than they went and nerfed her. To try and fix her they re-made her and now she's supposed to be a more balanced support. I think riot should give her heal and stuff a small buff just because of how weak it is early game, and due to her being build as a proper support now she doesn't have the ap to make it stronger.

Just my 2 cents. I haven't been playing very much as of recently, but when I play I like to just use random heroes and enjoy myself. I play with some friends and we kinda screw around but at the same time we do well and have a lot of laughs. People who are super serious during normal games about high elo get trolled, if we wanted to play competitively we would queue ranked. We do our own thing, weather people like it or not. I'd say the expression "We do it for the lulz" sums us up accurately.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Ahh but my Q gives my AD carry damage, so it's a little bit less than 25 AD difference. Plus most people appreciate it when i get my sheen, and start doing surprising burst :D Always fun to watch.

We've tried letting the AD carry farm, and always end up deciding it's not really worth it, plus it's boring beyond belief. How anyone can enjoy it I don't know.

Agreed sona needs a healing buff, I think it's something like 20 hp at level 1, for 60 mana.

4. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

Way to go and totally miss the point.

5. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Ok i'll give you the Q buff from Sona. I didn't factor that in. Now not to sound like the high and mighty but that does sound like you are used to playing with bad AD carries who will miss creeps on their own.

When playing with good AD carries who can hit the 80 creeps in 10 minutes mark then you can afford to true-support. Also I personallly don't find it boring as i'm too busy timing their buffs/wards/dragon, anticipating when their jungler will make an appearance and all the other stuff a support should be doing :D.

Riot purposely nerfed the healing as they don't want this stalemate bottom lane where unless you burst them down, the support will just heal them up. They did this as they believe it causes a boring bot lane.

Which although i play support, i kinda agree with. It's also the reason Morgana is a #1 support pick for me, especially vs the Taric/Caitlyn lane.

6. Vajra

Vajra What's a Dremel?

Grinding that IP upto 6.3k.....here's to hoping Wukong is worth it!

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

8. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Think I just spent half an hour watching all the other ones :p

9. mansueto

I find myself constantly spamming /all with ORANGES! when I use plank and get away because of eat fruit, I also like to use "I ate some oranges and it was k" but people don't seem to like it. They lack a sense of humor. :thumb:

10. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

I love wukong! Hes absolutely ace in 3v3. I don't play him that much in 5v5 though.

11. mansueto

Yesterday night was one of those I'm doing so well but my team is failing hard nights. Either everyone failed or only 1-2 people were doing well and couldn't carry because the rest were feeding. We had a 1/12 cait and a 4/12 shako. I was playing sona so I couldn't really carry the team as I'm a support, and our gragas couldn't 1 man the other team. Can't remember our 5th, but it was just a bad night all around. No luck with the teams.

12. Masterdeadly

Masterdeadly What's a Dremel?

I've been playing Ryze for about a month now but unless we get off to a good start it's very hard to make an impact on the game, we get cut up like swiss cheese and our nuke isn't enough unless we're higher level. I feel like choosing another Hero, what would you guys recommend ?

13. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

What role are you looking for and what do you enjoy playing? You've been playing Ryze, does this mean you prefer the sustain style mages as opposed to Burst?

14. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

And if so, probably Vlad, Cass, Karthus, Swain or Rumble.

Although i'd say the latter two are more Tanky casters (although Ryze i guess is as well).

15. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

I was thinking of Swain and Ryze imo

16. Masterdeadly

Masterdeadly What's a Dremel?

I like the amount of damage Ryze can do in the later levels, a few button presses can gaurentee you a kill. A character similar would be awesome :)

17. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

In that case you sound like you would enjoy Burst champions although Ryze strictly speaking isn't one as such.

I'd recommend Annie, she's cheap, easy to get a hang of and is still classed as a strong burst champion at level 10 or 2300 elo :p

Other than that Malzahar is often overlooked but he can be devastating, he just takes quicker fingers on your part!

18. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

Annie is a champion everyone should know how to play, no ifs, no buts. She's one of the most played mages for a reason. Work up Stun > Flash > Tibbers > Q + E > Ignite > Dead Champ. That simple.

Malz has the strongest single-target nuke, but as Abhorsen said you need to be quick with your fingers. Silence > Null Zone > Visions > Ult > Ignite > Dead Champ. (The first three have to be done in like .5-1 seconds, sometimes faster)

LeBlanc is a fantastic burst champ because her base damage is really high, so she's fantastic early to mid game. Late game she falls of due to her AP ratios, but you generally can win the game before then.

Anivia also deserves an honourable mention, but she is hard to get right, very position-dependant, but very rewarding once you get it right.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

You really put Molten Shield into the rotation over Incinerate (her best and highest damaging skill after Tibbers)?

;) :hehe: ;)

:p

20. mansueto

Early game its the squishies and teamwork that win a game. A fed mid / decent lane with a good carry and a decent tank to initiate / gank can make early / mid game super easy for your team and gives you an easy surrender victory. Games that seem to drag on it seems that its the team that can survive and team fight better will win. Tanks will just kite and a good carry will strike when the enemy is foolishly attacking all the tanky melee.

Also, 1 fed carry really can't win a game if the rest of the team has co-ordination, which is why I think the game is soo annoying / frustrating. You can be doing so well but if the team isn't where they need to be or you can't win team fights but you can dominate any 1v1 fights really means nothing in the end. People who have been playing solo queue, try playing with 2-3 friends and you'll find co-ordination and team fights go more smoothly. Knowing where to be, who to target and who's missing is great. I also find voice chat to be much more effective, I use skype with friends normally.