1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

You heathen you - Arma2 (with mods) is the best game ever, ever, ever ;-) Seriously though, if you didn't like it then the flightstick isn't going to turn things around for you.

2. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Hitman: Blood Money - £1.47 at greenmangaming, probably my favourite out of the series.

Anyone seen a reasonable offer for Skyrim? Ziip are out of stock for a week or two, greenmangaming have it for £30.97. The Tesco and ASDA deals for ~£25 are finished now.

3. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

i had a feeling you'd chip in at some point. lol. The problem i have with the game is mainly to do with how the missions don't exactly flow nicely. i.e you're always wondering if something with the AI scripting broke and thus would have to reload. Not fun.

I can put up with the horrid voice overs, the clipping issues, the lack of rag doll physics, the ass-backwards command system which is fine for complex actions but a pain when trying to do simple stuff.

What annoys me the most for some reason though, is that the game has a crosshair. what's the point of ADS if you have a cross hair that is just as good if not better.

Btw. what mods would you recommend?

4. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Well, for just £1.25 that "much more" includes the one and only, now infamous Horse Armor Pack!!!

I'm very tempted by this, but it's also tempting to just put the money towards buying Skyrim now. £30.97-£3.74 = a more attractive £27.23!! :jawdrop:

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah, the stock missions aren't that great - I make my own or play the community made ones. There are hundreds of them but I can particulary recommend the Ghost Recon ones. The ACE mod is what you are after - no crosshairs and ultra realism. For AI enhancement then ASR_AI is awesome. The new patch (out any time now) addresses a lot of the single player and multiplayer issues too - the latest betas are so much better than vanilla.

It was a bargain last week!

spectre456 likes this.
  6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

@spectre456;
    As Jedra already said, ACE is a really good mod.
    The A2WarMod is also an excellent one to think about, there's a version of it that runs along with ACE so you can get some great new combined features, added weapons & enemies, improved AI, a better interface and of course a much better experience.

Overall I prefer A2WarMod on it's own because I don't like adding factions, units, vehicles and all that stuff to the game... I just wanted gameplay and UI tweaks.

spectre456 likes this.
  7. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

8. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Severely tempted by the oblivion for £5...but then i dnt know if i should get that and then get skyrim during a sale or just get skyrim now. The stories are not direct sequels (unlike witcher) so its not like i need to play oblivion first

dont know what to dooooo :confused:

9. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I was in the same boat as you, but I bit the bullet and snagged Oblivion. I just want to get an idea of the Elder Scrolls world before diving into the latest one.

10. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

I'd get both. Oblivion was fine compared to most games, and the Shivering Isles campaign is great and worth the price alone.

Skyrim I have not played yet, but I have heard only good from everyone I know who has the game. (Appart from the few the Steam haters that is.)

11. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Yea i've decided to get Oblivion, all that content for £5 is too good a chance to miss, plus i've seen theres a fair few good mods out as well to improve graphics and such.

I will get Skyrim later when it's cheaper

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

13. AceRimmer77

AceRimmer77 What's a Dremel?

Yeah I picked it up as well, it was an insane price for the content, getting Skyrim for my birthday in a couple of weeks though but I thought why not get oblivion for a fiver.

14. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Free Magicka weekend, and discount on Steam. I'd advise anyone who hasn't tried it to give it a bash, and if you can get a party of 4 together for a game, even better!

16. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I picked up Oblivion as well.

You may find this helpful: PC Gamers Top Ten Oblivion Mods

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/16/ten-essential-oblivion-mods/#comments

17. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

+rep :thumb:

18. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

New Humble Indie bundle. Introversion this time.

Games:

Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia & Defcon - also, if you give more than the average you get Crayon Physics deluxe (great game) and Aquaria.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

19. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Trying to buiy Batman: AC on steam and keep getting the error message:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Been like this for 2 days and since steam support takes 5+ days to reply I was wondering if someone could help, preferably someone who has batman:AA and can get it for £27.99. Have money waiting in paypal.

20. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Sure I'll help if I can, PM me you email address and Steam ID.

Tokukachi likes this.