1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I can easily make 1000XP in my T-50 and T-50-2 like this, no matter what I'm up against. Sometimes it pays to wait before scouting also.

2. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

The problem is using a low tier to scout in tier 7 matches is your view ranges sucks compared to the high tier tanks. Also you've got 50 or maybe 75% crew while they've got 100% and allot of people will also have camo nets and some camouflage crew skill.

You do get good XP just for being in proximity to damage being dealt so on urban maps a good strategy is follow the lemming train but stay in cover.

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

With t50's, leopards and chums it's fine to do that but the tier 3 to 5 mediums can be a nightmare since you can't survive, haw hardly any firepower and are not fast enough to avoid stuff. It's a hard run bur as soon as you hit that PzIII/IV it all changes. Stick with it and hit us on the bit channel for some platoons to see how we do it :)

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

had a good match with my KV Derp...wiped out a t59 ( one shot...rear of the turret BABOOM!)
    then preceded to pretty much take out a tiger ( again up the backside ) destroyed the engine, tracked him, and set him on fire ( best...shot...ever ) as tactfully reloaded ( hid behind a building ) waiting for the fire to kill him, arty wiped him out >_<
    thanks to that match...got the final amounts of free xp to get out of the pz3 and into the pz3/4 , not tried it out yet, ever since i got it ive been on the grind with the m3 lee and for the most part the Matchmaking seems a little easier than the pz3.

5. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I'm about 7k XP off the 107 at the mo but I'm getting peanuts per match, reckon I may give the derp a go to see if that improves. I rarely get more than one shot off at the opposition before they've either legged it (mediums) or annihilated me (heavies) so I may as well make it count!

I'm still far more comfortable with an arty piece but I really want to try out the heavies as it looks like fun once you get to grips with them. I also want to try out the heavy metal Ferrari (aka KV-13) as the speed on those things is mental for how much punishment they appear to be able to take! :eek:

EDIT: Ok, I now see why people both love and hate the 152 - 1 shot tracked and stripped 30% off a Tiger (frontal hit too) but I was dead before I could reload. And I thought arty was slow!

Last edited: 15 Nov 2011
  6. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

This

Tank

IS

Amazing

Its just SO much fun. But it doesn't really take off until you get your engine upgrade (which I think requires the tracks)

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Good point. Whenever you're spotting kit that T key so it 'lights up' ('Attacking - Derpy' shows in the chat and the arrow flashes above them) the enemy. Any damage done by friendlies to the lit enemy when it's beyond their own view range gives you extra xp, ideally arty and TD's will be hitting them.

8. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I'm working on it, two routes at the mo - KV and T-34. Oddly enough, I seem to live longer in the T-34 and earn more XP than in the KV. I'll see what happens when I get a map where I can turtle while reloading rather than bloody Campinovka :(

Meanwhile I'll keep playing the cowardly big guns - checked stats and about 65% of my battles have been in SPGs. I may possibly be addicted to the booming things! :D

9. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

T34 is brilliant and a good earner once you get the pop gun on it, I still go back to it for a laugh every now and then.

QTF. I undersold this tank to myself for a few weeks, once you get the engine (and even more so once you get the gun, which packs a punch and has a speedy reload) its pure joy. When you're top of the pile in games you can whizz around kicking seven bells out of T5 heavies and any medium below you, and when you're low down on the list, the thing is almost as annoying as a t50!

10. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

You don't need to "T" a target to get the spotting and damage bonus.
    How it works is you get xp if you the first to spot any tanks on the other team.
    If your spotting a tank and a teammate which can't see that tank damages it the xp/credits is split 50/50 between you. I'm guessing if there 3 tanks spotting a tank and a SPG kills it then the spotters 50% get split three way.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

x3 xp instead of x2 for first victory everyday for a WEEK! That'll do nicely, ta very much.

Starting 17th November.

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Premium accounts only I assume?

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Doesn't say that anywhere. The x5 events have been for all so i imagine this is too.

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ok random question. At the start of some battles does anyone else get the horrible noise similar to someone eating crisps whilst on the phone for no apparent reason?

I know i sound crazy.

15. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Then one might want to get premium again :/ Just havent had time to play that much lately :S

16. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

I have noticed a weird sound glitch, happens every now and then. Just ignored it as it only happens infrequently.

17. lilgoth89

havent noticed that...occasionally the sound on the countdown, isnt with the clock, but not seen that glitch

18. j.col

j.col Minimodder

i have heard nothing strange, maybe its just you ;):p

quick question.
    I have the M3 Lee and on my way to the next tier.
    Do i go for the T1 Heavy or the M4 Sherman? not too sure, as i am not enjoying the KV, its just too slow at most things, and i am guessing the T1heavy will be similar

Last edited: 17 Nov 2011
  19. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

T1 heavy is surprisingly mobile when fully upgraded. Get both.

20. lilgoth89

i have the m3 lee as well, not as bas as everyone makes it out to be
    the T1 everyone ( so far ) has told me to avoid, but it looks better than a stock KV
    ( but not as good as an upgraded one ) but the m4 sherman seems to be a little undergunned for its teir...they both have there strengths i guess...