1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

I'm pretty sure that was a joke (if you're referring to the RPS article?)

If you've seen it elsewhere though then please link sauce!

2. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Just a quick query, spoiler tags required (about half way through the main quest):

When you've had your conversation with Paarthanax, there's this option to meditate on some of the Words of Power, Fus, Feim and Yol. It's not terribly obvious what if anything this achieves. Anyone got any ideas?

3. Durd

Durd Minimodder

Apparently it "enhances" them..

Who knows..

That would be epic, I never really played morrowind.. Is it true the leveling system is similar to Skyrim's, and not Oblivion's? If so, I may need to check it out :)

Last edited: 17 Nov 2011
  4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Me too but I doubt it.

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

6. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

It enhances certain shouts, for example makes the fire shout do 25% more dmg, they stack with most other blessing type things as well which is quite handy (like the warrior/mage/thief stones). You can check by taking one then looking under the active effects section of magic

7. Durd

Durd Minimodder

I just completed the main story and...
    I think it's pretty dull really... :( I was hoping for a twist or something, but you just kill a Alduin like he's any other dragon.. I still have millions of side missions to do, but now I am looking forward to the mods.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Level 70 smithing, not far to go now till I can get some dragon armour, :D

It is classed as heavy armour isn't it?

9. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

unlocking the dragon thing on smithing allows you to make heavy and light dragon armour, the dragonplate (heavy) requires mostly dragon bones whilst the dragonscale(light) requires mainly scales.

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yay, just made my full set of dragonplate armour, :D:D:naughty:

And then improved it to legendary.

Want to get some ebony ingots now to make a deadric sword, then I'll be off enchanting it all.

11. ZortB

ZortB What's a Dremel?

NPC Companions

First of all, got to say i,m absolutly loving this game. About 40 hours in so far.

However, one niggle. Why do my companions keep attacking my target by walking into line of bow shot just as i am about to loose of a shot. Lost count of the times i've upset him by shooting him in the back of the head!! I Killed him a couple of times as well.:wallbash:

Anyone else had this?

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Their job is to get in the way! The one that annoys me the most is when you walk into a small room or cell to loot a chest and your companion stands right in the doorway so you can't get out!!!

13. Durd

Durd Minimodder

Companions are useless, except at very low levels. They always give up your sneak bonus, and seeing as that can be worth 2-15x, it's a lot to give up for a pleb with an axe blocking doorways.

14. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

just tell them to wait there in the corridor behind whlst you sneak in then run back to them when the notice you

oh and Damn i only read the skyrim parts of hte the RPS article and completely missed the joke part

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I find the companions useful for carrying stuff because I am always going overweight!

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I found some ebony boots of the ox, so my carrying capacity is now 400, or it was, need to disenchant the ebony ones and put it onto my dragon boots.

17. ReD ÅLeRt

ReD ÅLeRt What's a Dremel?

Loving Skyrim at the moment. I just wish I knew what I wanted to do, each time I load it up i seem to be off doing some other side quest/mission/exploring and get myself nowhere. I guess thats the real point of it though, can spend hours doing nothing constructive but still feel very involved.

18. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

installing now ^_^.

Thought i could hold this off till Xmas, but facebook peeps are posting screenshots everywhere on my newsfeed and i couldnt resist XD

19. format

format What's a Dremel?

Love this game.

Had an annoying issue though - everytime a character gets close to me whilst using lightening/electric spells my entire PC crashes and restarts. Happened 3 or 4 times now at various points.

20. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Has anyone here tried adjusting the graphics settings in the .ini file yet? Would like to increase draw distances a bit as can play it v. smoothly on max standard settings atm, but don't want to cause any problems so was wondering how well it worked for other people?