1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress AMDoras Box - ITX LLano build - 12/12-11 Sketches and watercooling considerations!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sheiken, 15 Nov 2011.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

May I suggest drilling some holes into the cover above the CPU-cooler, so that the fan can draw some fresh air there. And then setting up the 80mm fan in the side to push air outside the case, resulting in an airflow-thingy like that...

[​IMG]

Should drop temps even further when the case is closed.

2. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

7.8cm but for the sake of being sure, lets say a hair under 8cm :)

3. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Actually it does! I hadn't even noticed!

4. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

See, that I like! Would you be :nono: or :thumb: if I choose to use that picture myself?

Except for the added holes, that is in fact how the caseflow is atm, the 80mm is used as an exhaust, so there is a negative air pressure. And I think I will keep it like that, because right now the pc is positioned vertically so it follows the natural flow of the hot air.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

No problems there if you use it ;)

6. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

might think of an M-ITX pc as well... :p

although my current HTPC is great... it can always be better. although i will be building it next year when Ivy Bridge comes out. just need to find that bloody ISK case which is so hard to find.

anyway great build!

till then i am waiting patiently for my music to be uploaded to Google Music... you can do it to by the way as long as you do the first setting up by using a US proxy... like using Tor or Hotspot Shield.

7. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Thank you, I have to say I am very satisfied with it so far! But I will be over the moon when I get the picopsu and ssd.

The system is really silent and smooth, I am impressed!

8. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

A little picture of the setup as of now. I have to admit though, I am considering exchaging the case for the LL PC-Q11....Hmmm

[​IMG]

9. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

You need to do some modding bro:p Or else this dont really belong in worklogs:/

Sød kat btw:)

10. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I totally get that, and I will rectify that with the new case I have ordered!

11. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

mhhhhh! Hurry up! I want to see that sexy little thing torn apart:D

13. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

**** just got classy up in huuurrrrrr! :D

I realized that I wanted some more room for expansion (dedicated gfx down the line etc.) and when I thought about how much a picopsu is, this made more sense to me :)

It will be interesting to see how quiet the fans in the case and the psu are.

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I was considering the Q11 aswell, as it has enough room for a 9" long GPU and if you don't use the optical drive, then you have good options for setting up a decent airflow, etc.

15. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Exactly and when I added up all the costs including the planned picopsu, I knew I would regret not having more gpu grunt down the line, so it was pretty much a no brainer. And I think it would look just as stylish as the isk310 case.

And since this is a project log, the modding opportunities are far greater with the Q11 :dremel:

Looking at OC Maximus' Q11 project, I think it looks pretty effin' perfect!

16. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Alrighty!

"Big" update!

Following changes since my last update:
    Silverstone Sfx 450w psu
    Lian Li PC-Q11B
    Gainward GTX560 Phantom
    Cooler Master Vortex Plus cooler
    Noiseblocker 140mm intake fan.

IT IS CRAMMED! Look at the clearance between the cpu heatsink and my 560!

[​IMG]

The problem now is that while it is very quiet while idle, the phantom cooler absolutely screams when I stresstest with furmark and it reaches 93*c ! Waaay too hot for my liking, so atm I am running the case with one side open. This is not satisfactory in any way!

So inspired by OC Maximus' stunning casemod I set out to find a company that would lasercut a plexi sidepanel for my case. Mission accomplished! But I will add maybe one or two blowholes in the sidepanel! I am wondering about adding two 92mm near the graphics card, or maybe just one? I have wondered about adding a 200mm blowhole as well, but that might be a bit OTT. I will upload some design ideas this week.

Other stuff to do: Sleeving and adding a fancontroller and adding an ssd. (christmas wishlist)

17. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I'll be watching this! :)

Sorry I couldn't help you with the sidepanel, but I'm happy to see you found another way! :thumb:

18. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Dont worry about it, I have found some seemingly very competent people, so fingers crossed!

On another note, I have to recharge the batteries for my digital camera, enough with these terrible phone pictures! :wallbash:

19. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I hate SKETCHUP! I feel like such a retard when I wrestle with that program.....
    BUT I got the measurements right, what do you guys think of this fan placement?

[​IMG]

20. fractal arc modder

fractal arc modder What's a Dremel?

Hey thats good.

Google Sketchup is very easy to use once you got the hang of it.

You can also download add ons to it for rendering etc.

Nice build tho.

:thumb: