1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

What about the flashlight and infra red. Get rid of both or stop them working in daylight

2. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

-- Balance and Gameplay Adjustments (PC)

• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry

AA Guns did not in any way need any kind of buff, they are stupidly OP against tanks and infantry as it is and need smacking with the nerf bat.

• Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.

Hooray, this was needed from the start

• Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons.

Hmm, I didn't think these were OP, they were good at long range on single shot, but the low mag size, low ROF and huge recoil meant they were balanced in CQB. If any of the engineers weapons needs a nerf is the G36c, the thing has no recoil and almost he same damage profile as the assault rifles.

• Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.

Wait what??!? Yeah they are OP before you get flares and stealth, but its impossible to hit even a mildly competent jet pilot after they get them...

No Flashlight fix that's been shown, nothing on the IRNV, no fix's for the good awful PC UI/Commarose, no VOIP, No real squad fixes, making it look different does not fix it, let us create squads, have as many as we like and make them 6 man.

Other things that need fixing:

• Jets crashing into choppers and taking no damage
    • Shotgun Frag rounds are insanely OP vs infantry, and the USAS with them can take down a chopper at 200m (infact the USAS needs a nerf, the auto shotguns did less damage in BC2 and it should be the same in Bf3, the regular shotguns, specifically slugs, could use a damage increase at close put not point blank range
    • F2000 needs a nerf, more recoil or spread at range, its the best assault rifle at all except extreme long ranges, I spent the whole time to star it using the ACOG out-shooting snipers.
    • RPG damage vs infantry, its just silly at the moment, which leads me onto..
    • RPG damage vs tanks, far to low right now, they need to give the engineers less (like 3 rockets) but that should be enough to destroy a tank, increase reload time, should fix RPG spam on CQB maps and make them useful against tanks.
    • Javelin is currently a waste of time, needs completely reworking.
    • Smoke rounds from the M320 should not be instant kill vs infantry, this is stupid and i've noticed people using this a lot of late.
    • No penalty for team kills, I'm avoiding hardcore till this is fixed.

There is probably more, but all I can think of right now.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Shotgun frag/USAS rounds are not OP, they are useful for two things clearing building and Metro. Yes you can hit long distance but it will take an entire mag, and without squad ammo you only have 3 mags. Out in the open it's useless unless you can hit them directly, the ground under them or a nearby wall. Plus it's super easy to suicide due to a teammate stepping into your firing line. And anyone with any skill should be able to shoot them with a LMG/AR/carbine before you get killed in the open with a USAS/Frag

RPG v infantry is just fine, it's no BC2 CG

RPG v tank is fine, most teams have an abundance of engies who love to shoot rockets

Javelin should be 1-2 hit kill not 3-4 like it is now. Or make the lock on shorter. Or have it actually hit the target not 10' in front of it. Or give me more than 2 shots. Or let me lock onto air targets w/o lazers....... Or just give me an AT4 and I'll be a happy panda

If you can hit someone with a smoke nade directly it should be a OHK. It's a 1/2 pound projectile moving at 250fps, it's going to cut you in half

There should be a penalty for TKing. In a hardcore metro server I saw a guy kill EVERYONE on the US side and then go revive them with his buddy

I'm also pissed about the G3 nerf, I never got to use it in it's prime

4. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

The frag rounds according to their description as supposed to cause less damage and massive suppression, but in fact they case greater damage. You already have buckshot for CQB, they should increase the damage for that and make frag rounds like the description.

RPG v infantry is insane on Metro/ Bazaar. The biggest issue that with the right perk you get 7 rockets, which is waaay to many.

5. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Patch is now live, you need to in origin go to MY GAMES, Go to the gear icon, and hit the drop down menu and then Select REFRESH GAMES, then the patch will download. If you try to update from battle log or clicking on update game in orgin it doesn't work.. :rolleyes:

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

If you come up against a group of players who know how to use them the frag rounds are massively over powered. It turns the player into a highly mobile high speed mortar and if your good at landing elevated shots the range is huge.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

7 is not enough when taking on tanks. but i agree, reduce RPG splash damage against infantry.

1 hit kill smoke rounds MUST be there :D it takes skills to get a kill.

ok, here's my comments on the list, Hooray on most of them :D
    • Spawn protection now should work in Conquest. You should no longer spawn on points too close to enemies
      -yay, hopefully i won't spawn NEXT to a capping enemy on the Paris Crossing map.
    • air buff...
      -much needed IMO, heli and jet should dominate battlefield. this is a battlefield game! not CoD.
    • Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.
      -finally, so many times have i capsized my heli due to this.
    • Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.
      -much, much needed. single one should only annoy the pilot, not disable them outright.
    • Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds.
      -Hooray :D 40mm buck should own every other gun outright at close range, and have longer range than shotguns. like the beast in BFBC2
    • Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
      -wonder what are they. CPC currently is 1 player start, does that count as obscure settings?
    • Squad fixes
      -fantastic, but Find Me A Squad is a great option when loanwolfing on random servers.
      -basically, i think they are saying: we failed, Back to BFBC2 squad system.

8. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You added them as friends?

9. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Played for a bit post patch, they have fixed the green flashes :D

10. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I still get the green flashes, but not as much as before.

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

[Robbaz voice]Gameplay is tight, like polar bears asshole[/Robbaz voice]

12. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Sorry to hear that.. :( They have fixed the green flashes on my ATI 5770 at least. I was getting then every 4-6 seconds before

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Played for half an hour, no green flashes!

Still don't like the squad setup, 4 people isn't enough!

14. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

It's not a problem really. They are now a very rare occurrence (a few times an hour in the worst case scenario).

15. wyx087

anyone know if those stationary AA in the base count as emplacements? still haven't managed to get my Emplacement ribbon (2 kills with an emplacement, hard with stationary AT, should be easy with those AA guns). :(

16. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

Yes they count as emplacements. I got my emplacement ribbon last night by shooting a base raping helicopter!

wyx087 likes this.
  17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

At work so can't try out the new patch yet, but from reading the changelog and the BF forums it seems more than a bit disappointing to me.

No flashlight & IRNV nerf yet. Fail.
    G3 got nerfed. Fail.
    AN94 still broken. Fail.
    AEK971 still firing at 900RPM for no discernible reason? Fail.

Nerfs come and go in patches for online games and you deal with them, but disappointing nerfs or lack thereof in a BF patch is always doubly frustrating because they're so ****ing slow to get new patches out and you have to wait weeks/months to see the changes the game needs.

I wouldn't mind such a weak/frustrating patch if I could reliably say there's another one coming in a few days or next week or something, but given DICE's track record I can instead say that we're likely stuck with this patch for the next number of weeks to a month at least. :sigh:

So, my solution to the AN94 being **** was to use the G3 instead; And now they've nerfed the G3 even though it was a niche weapon which actually demanded a more careful shooting style (slow, small clip and high recoil but with a damage payoff) and most people were still running around spamming their F2000 on full-auto, slaughtering most G3 users (and everyone else) in CQB? Right..

Back to Skyrim for me. At least Bethesda can patch their game prope.. ..Oh wait.

Last edited: 22 Nov 2011
  18. wyx087

Battlelog has 2 news updates, one posted earlier client side for balancing. the other are server updates, noticeable things are:

-Server are being updated, old builds will not show up on Battlelog. the CPC server is now running latest version, so should show up on your Battlelog.
    -minPlayerStart is no longer changeable. it's now stuck at 4 minimal player requirement.
    -minIdleKick is no longer changeable at 300 seconds.

so if CPC server is empty, jump on mumble and grab a few people to join the server with you, otherwise it'd be pretty boring not able to move.

19. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Annoying we ain't see that tac light change yet but the rest I can deal with. Not sure what everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about, they can't do it all at once or we'd never see a patch because they'd have to fix something new every week.

20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Hey guys, how big is the patch?

Things I still want patched (most said already)

Nerf IRNV
    Nerf Flashlight
    Graphical glitches (though lets see if this improves things)
    F2000 is OP
    Bad Luck deaths - so inconsistent!
    Improved Javelin damage (this is such a cool weapon, shame not to use it all the time)

Last edited: 22 Nov 2011