1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Just short of 500MB.

2. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Wow, the scar's been massively nerfed, to the point of it being worthless. Only does 3 more damage than the M4 per bullet, 28 vs 25 dropping off from there, and only has 2/3rd of the ROF, massive recoil and small mags.. Haven't unlocked the G3 so I don't know what it's like but I imagine much the same :(

FYI the reason I used the SCAR is because I prefer using one gun on both sides and haven't unlocked anything else yet.

EDIT: AA/Jets vs choppers seems to be the same, still get pushed around/over like before :(

Also, i seem to have taken a performance hit, while i was getting a constant 35-50+ FPS on medium @ 1080p on my 5770 I'm now regularly dipping into the low twenties causing stuttering :(

Last edited: 22 Nov 2011
  3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

That's a bloody damn good change-log. See! To all those whining kids on Battlelog saying DICE never listens, this is a big smack in their face!

Am looking forward to playing. Has anyone noticed any boost in fps?

4. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Quite a few reporting FPS drops, I've lost ~10FPS but its still playable :D

Still no Tactical Sun/IRNV changes though :yawn:

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

That's a bummer. I'm sure they mentioned in the list there was 'some' performance tweaks! Has that back-fired.

Have they changed the GUI layout? Did anyone see the custom model someone posted on Battlelog... that was much nicer and easy to navigate!

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

They ought to fix the heli tv missile and stop it from bouncing off of everything.

I don't think it should be a one shot kill against tanks ect like in bf2, I have hit vehicles dead on and it's just bounced off, even when I come at it with a top down attack.

Still managing to shoot the odd heli though :)

....and why oh why have they messed about with the power of the igla/stinger its impossible to hit a jet as it is, remove the secondary beeping tone to indicate launch and make the pilot work to avoid being hit. The jets/helis may as well just have an auto release for flares as soon as the missile is launched, increase the range of lock on and make the missile faster, there slow as hell.

Last edited: 22 Nov 2011
  7. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

GUI layouts the same, TV missiles are still broken, but they have now reduced the range of them.. because clearly this was the area that needed to be addressed with them...

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

can you take out jet with it? :D

IRNV and tac-sun hasn't been fixed in this patch :( one's still super long-range overpowered noobvision and the other is still blindly broken. IR should be no more than 20 meters and NV should mean it's useless in day time.

this is what real tac-light should look like, hope they fix it in next patch.
    [​IMG]

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Promptly face palms...............

I've bounced the missile off the jets several times :(

Killed hundreds of jets with tv's in bf2 grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the 'Tactical Sun' - if I meet one I put one bullet in the light and then one bullet between their eyes and move on, easy peasy! :p

I notice a slight performance decrease, it's affecting my quick-scoping quite a bit, especially if there is a lot of action. Oh well.

IRNV is still a little over the top..

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Need to change out the IRNV to get used to not using it, and with the Scar-H nerf i need to switch weapons now too

Sent from Bittech Android app

12. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

ive noticed my sniper shots have become quicker.. the actual bullet speed in air not reload times.

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

no in-game squad VoIP (expected though...): FAIL
    no fix to the stupid chat box (oversized even in 1680x1050?cant see whats being said unless somebody said something to bring it back up?): FAIL
    no damage increase (only range? it shoots far enough already) for PDW-R: FAIL
    decreased damage at long range for PDW-R: FAIL
    confirmed INVR and Flashlight getting nerfed but i dont see it in the notes: FAIL
    squad still 6 people: FAIL
    why nerf G3? nerf F2000 for cryin out loud: FAIL

but.....
    SCAR-H does require a damage nerf. good. (maybe this is why G3 got nerfed as they use the same ammo and game engine allows only bullet damage tweak, not weapon damage?)
    Stinger IS OP. nerf is good. (i can stand in the open, lock on any good pilot, and disable it thanks to the low ceiling)
    squad improvement so we can join any squad solo is good.
    fix crashes and bugs and other small stuff is good.
    increased chopper/jet buff is good. its time to bring air assets to the ground fight.

then again.....
    added round duration and ticket summary to EOR? huh?
    increase damage for BUCK rounds? really? so by default shotties will be buffed? this is interesting to see.
    remove obscure settings from ranked servers? how about 1000 ticket servers? i like those :(

overall: meh.....

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The buckshot increase is only for the 40mm from the M320, patch update doesn't say anything about the actual shotguns.

15. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Hmm, Not only do i have a 10-15 fps decrees, which sucks as i was only getting 40-50 before, the games faaar more unstable. At launch everything was fine, then i've had more and more issues with black screens between rounds, at first every 4 round, then every 1-2 and now its every round, i think, the issue is now i get crahed to desktop, which never happened before this patch :(

I know i'm sounding like a grumpy old git, but I was really looking forward to this game and its been pretty disappointing all in.

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

So how do you know if you've had the patch applied??? What setup u got neat69?

17. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

If it never downloaded anything, click the Cog in Origin and select Refresh Games

18. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

This is a long shot here, but does anyone know if the patchs will come on the PS3?

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

No idea as the pc was running and so was origin so may have done while I was afk. Sucks you can't see it for yourself :/ Clicked refresh, as well as check for updates and nothing happens. Must have updated. I suppose it won't allow me on line to play if it isn't?

20. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

The new R9 server only works with the latest patch, so yes, if you can get on the servers, you're golden :)