1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I had to try the "Repair install" option for the game to update itself. Without it, the battlelog just said i need to update the game, but when i clicked on update, it redirected me to the store page in Origin. And "Check for updates" of course said that my game is up to date.

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

yes it will come to PS3.

upon closer inspection, my beloved PDW-R notes seem to serve as a buff+nerf combo.

• Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R.
    • Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range.

soooo............ increase range and decreased damage at long range.

wait, lemme wrap that again in my head.

increased range meaning the damage lowered over range will be lessen. meaning over long range, damage will increase compared to pre-patch. but the minimum damage in long ranged will be lessen as well. so it will decrease again?

[​IMG]

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Basically, they've given you more distance, with no gain or loss in damage (on average).

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

no gain or loss in damage?

the second bullet point is "decreased the minimum damage at long range"

:duh:

wait... so lets say my bullet damage is 20 at close range. 15 at 50m. and 5 at 100m.

now they're giving me range: maybe, 10 at 100m?

but they're decreasing it at long range: so back to 5 at 100m?

:wallbash:

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

server seems to be very buggy at the moment. had to restart CPC server twice since it's not showing up in the battlelog browser. ZiiP and one of two Timeless server are not showing up in my favourites either.

anyone else having this problem?

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Will investigate our servers.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Both of ours are showing up for me at the moment.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Throwing in my 2 cents on the patch: a lot of changes that really had it coming. Stinger/IGLA nerf is great, a single rocket disabling air vehicles was ridiculously OP. Reloads and fires just as fast as flares reload so it's simply a matter of spamming missiles until the pilot slips up or someone else starts locking something on to him.

Also a huge fan of the impact reduction on AA guns and jet cannon. Sick of getting my helicopter turned into an earth magnet because some guy 600m away in either an invincible base AA or ninja-fast mobile AA felt like holding left-click in my general direction.

Happy about the squad changes in general, still not as good as six person squads. Very annoying when you want to play with a friend on a full server with full squads so there's no way to manouver into each other's squad.

Overall happy about the SCAR changes. Would rather have seen IRNV and tac light changes before tweaking weapon damages but oh well. Maybe I can finally see engineers using something else. But probably not.

Not so excited about AA gun damage boost against infantry. The other one's needed it, glad for those, just not the AA gun. Ever tried trying to destroy the mobile AA on Kharg, Caspian or Firestorm? Let me explain how it works: the AA gun sits out the in middle of nowhere. You get within 200m in anything other than an MBT and you're ripped to shreds by its withering wall of fire. Hit it with anything other than enough C4 to one shot it and it'll drive off at ludicrious speed and repair. Oh well, hopefully with the reduction on its bullet impact attack helicopters can have a reasonable chance of taking it out.

9. wyx087

thanks. the single ZiiP one with vehicles is showing up in my fav now. but my fav is still a good few servers short for some reason.... ah well hopefully they iron out the kinks soon.

10. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Stingers are now useless tbh. Its so unlikely you get through flares and when you do you need to do it all over again to disable the chopper.

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Think of the damage curve like this:
    [​IMG]
    (X=distance, Y=damage)

The green bit is the extended range with decreased power.

12. wyx087

stinger/IGLA are now useless, but you can just use tanks :D

13. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Just had a quick go, Stingers are still working fine on my end... took out 2 helis and 3 planes (the pilots survived most of the time but I got the vehicle disabled and destroyed points so it's all good).

14. Quavr

Quavr Minimodder

Getting less disconnects since the patch, it's looking hopeful :)

15. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Ours has required a few restarts apparently - I wasn't around for this though.

16. wyx087

mobile AA is so overpowered against infantry at the moment. gone 27 to 3 before finally getting taken out by Dub/Draca.

17. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Really if a tank shell hits a chopper or jet it should just explode.

18. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Really when we get shot we shouldn't respawn, but things are changed for the sake of balance + funz :D

But I do agree :p

19. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

I never bothered with MP until this evening, but BF3 keeps locking up on me after about 5 to 10 minutes (rest of the PC is fine, it's just BF3 which just stops responding).

Anyone else having this issue?

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Things shouldnt be able to fly if there missing a large hole in them, which a tank shell would produce.