1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Just had an awesome few hours on the CPC server - thanks for the fun guys!

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

M27 Master tags this evening done. That's 6 so far; M39, SG553, M27, PKP, DAO-12 and USAS-12.

Next is the RPK.
    Huwbart from ZiiP got his melee medal tonight, seemed well chuffed with it and certainly earned!

Can't say I've noticed a huge amount of difference with the patch, but nothing bad to say anyway :D

3. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Royally failed on this part. I still get spawned close to enemies all the time. That's the single most frustrating thing about the game still.

Also there seems to be a new bug where I randomly get stuck in place. Can't switch weapons, can't reload, crouch/prone immediately goes back to standing.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2011
  4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Nice, I usually pick up a gun use it to 100 kills then pick another. Then I'll go back to that weapon and get another 100...... So far I only have master tags for the USAS but I have 42 weapon server star total.

Also, tonight I got my handgun metal and a couple of knife ribbons

5. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

If it is acompanied by a "disconected from server, connection timeout" then yes - lots. Disable UPnP on your network.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

nice one. a lot of teamwork was going on tonight, with a few tank 3rd seat drivers laser designating and chopper/jet/tank guided rocket/shell annihilating every single vehicle.

unfortunately i was on the other side getting locked on followed by 3 guided projectiles to my tank/chopper. only way to combat this was to drive around really fast in mobile AA, shooting down their chopper/jets while hiding between buildings. but my team won most of the rounds, close and hard fighting, but guerrilla tactics and ticket bleeding won.

what's your BF3 tag? also, get on mumble :)

7. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Largely depends on the servers I think.

The first server I logged into after the patch was full of top level heli and plane ho's.

The stinger just followed them as they looped around the sky till it vanished everytime lol

Will give another go tonight.

8. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Yep, I agree. Getting stuck randomly happened to me a couple of times yesterday as well. So annoying, but luckily no enemies were around when it happened or I would have been royally pissed.

9. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Had a few fun games last night repairing Dub's tank and waxing mofos from the 2nd seat :)

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Has a second patch being released!

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

12. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I don't see anything about a new patch...

13. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Weird, i've gone for a massive crash fest yesterday to rock solid stable today. Since i got my assault service star i decided to do support for a bit, already got my resupply medal and well on the way to get the second one, no idea why 95% of the support guys don't throw them out, easy points :D

14. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

[​IMG]

15. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

lots of fun last night tagging stuff with the soflam but to be honest its kind of crap, 10points for laser tagging it and thats it, doesnt mount up to much points ingame at the end

16. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

the Beta drivers from nvidia sure gave me a nice performance boost.

It still sucks that the chat box has not been resized at all.

I was also getting this weird graphical bug last night where it seems like the colours would go negative. So the game would have a cel shaded look to some degree. It's actually pretty wild to see at times. Much better than the green flicker crap!

17. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

Yea i noticed the cell shading too, reminded me of borderlands and the black outlines everything has, no mroe green flickers but i get a red one now usually when scoped or prone, then I get that standup and no arm or gun bug

18. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Yeah, sadly most of the team-play based element in the team-play based game get you jack all compared with killing people :(

19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

20. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

I've gone from a pretty stable game to one that crashes at the end of every round. Bring on the next patch because the last one was rubbish.