1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

I used to crash every round or halfway into 2nd game, switched off UPnP on my thomson router and dont get discons anymore.... touch wood lol.

Yea noticed the team play stuff doesnt reward well at the moment, hopefully thats something they can fix and try to pull away from the MW3 perks. BF always has had history of being unbalanced in areas but they do get fixed over time.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Exactly teamwork doesn't pay. 10 points for a laz and 20 for every hit on a lazed target. I could send up a MAV and get 30 points per spot(which is easy), a ribbon and eventually a metal.

Also I think heli drivers should be getting more points. The gunner does most of the killing and the driver gets squat in return other than assist

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Exactly. I managed to get 20-30 ribbons per round when my MAV was not disturbed by enemy :).

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

and MAV can be used to take out enemy air: 1:21

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

un-fookin-real. thats it. im flyin my MAV next time i need to take out an assault chopper. BAM!

gotta love those mythbuster episodes. i love the one he headshot through 5 people LOL

6. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

that's hilarious.

here's some pro-quote: (from: http://symthic.dy.fi/?s=bf3 )

[​IMG]

so basically 60 damage in up to ~12m plus 40dmg in splash. nice.

ps: slug is 100dmg initially with pump action and 34dmg at worst LOL meaning 3x hit kill no matter how far you are.

8. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Sorry guys but i don't get this. A single rocket should take out a heli/aircraft except the maybe the A10 or atleast disable it.

The aircraft's defensive aid suite is what should be updated as this is there only defence and the reasons why systems like HIDAS were developed. Why have a reload time on the flares why not make it more realistic and have a set number ie 30 as well as the ammo the aircraft would then have to re-arm.

If a AH-64 was to get hit by a SAM the very best you could hope for it for it to limp home

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Along with the jet cannon, attack helicopter cannon and rockets, scout helicopter minigun, guided missiles for all vehicles, heat seekers for all vehicles, and many other vehicle weapons which should all need to be reloaded. You should also have to enter them from an appropriate spot and take time to get in and seat yourself. You should also have specifically trained operators of vehicles rather than foot soldiers who can magicaly get into any vehicle and drive/fly off. Unfortunately, sometimes real life takes a backseat to fun. It's not particularly fun when a single infantry-fired missile can shut down what is supposed to be a valuable asset for a team. Jets are two to a team and take something like 20-30 seconds to respawn, attack helicopters one per team and take even longer, Stinger/IGLA are a low level engineer unlock which any given team has wide access to. As a matter of balance they should be at a disadvantage. Spend a little more resources on two engineers and you're back to shutting down air vehicles.

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Actually the snipe-the-pilot-steal-the-jet-in-flight was the best in my opinion :D

11. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

No quite what i was getting at. But wouldn't limited ammo for all vehicles work also?

The point i was trying to make was using a SAM is risky business for the trooper, with no reload time for the heli and a target designator indicating where the rocket came from it would just cut you in half.
    Which is what a HIDAS system does basicly levels the battlefield before where a RPG7 would be devastating the system spots the launch allowing the pilot to react then destroy them, it does similar things with HS and laser and radar guided, but would this make the helis to strong???

As for the vehicle operators isn't that what sort of happens you get your players who kick arse in helis planes and even the ground vehicles, I suck in choppers and am even worse in the planes, but go in empty servers to practice.

These are just my points of view and to be honest don't really matter. If you want to agree fine a really don't care.

The end of the day as you said as long as its fun that's the main thing :thumb:

12. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Yes mate that rocked lol how pissed would you be

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

If you want that level of realism then play ARMA, BF3 is meant to be fun not a simulator.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It would work, and I'm actually sad to see that vehicles don't have ammo because they did in past Battlefield games. Out of ammo? Find a resupply box or land at the landing pad in base. The resupply boxes don't make sense for vehicle ammo, but it lets vehicle weapons be powerful because they have the drawback of being limited.

As long as it's balanced I'm personally not fussed how they try to implement modern weapon systems. Merely that in the current system of flares/ECM vs. missiles I'm glad they don't one-shot disable anymore.

I think you've misunderstood, I was arguing exactly that.

15. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

16. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Oh ok!

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I'm bawnslippy, same on Mumble, was my first time on the server last night :)

You had that One man army dude flying jets for your side, he was god awesome in a jet. Dominated Kharg. Lassar and I could barely stay in the sky for more than 20 seconds without getting taken out!

18. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Also, does anyone else spend an unhealthy ammount of time checking out stats on battlelog?

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just had a couple of great rounds post patch, no crashes, black screens or disconnects.

Got my first service star with the F2000 and my Medical Medal.

Racked up massive points healing and reviving (plus 34 kills as well).

First time in ages that playing Metro wasn't a nade fest. We (RU) caught point C whilst the US caught point A causing utter confusion on both sides. Was great fun fighting over B from both angles AND watching for attacks from the rear.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

SS5 for my AK-74M tonight, that's 7 SS5's so far. Now onto the M16...

Some epic squad play on ZiiP tonight.

I have tried the CPC server a little bit recently and normal mode just isn't for me :)