1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 18 May 2011.

?

Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)

Poll closed 24 Jun 2011.
  1. 1st design

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. 2nd design

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. matiss

matiss Minimodder

Nice Buttons and excellent idea with the waterblock...or should i say reppable?^^ anyway have some ;)

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Your english is perfect bro (mine sucks as you ve might noticed lolz :lol: ) ! Thanks for the support!!! :)

Welcome to our little journey!!! :)

So many thanks bro!!! Glad you liked my ghetto idea :p :)

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

These days I am working really hard in order to finish the mod as I have some other things that I have to do and ... I dont like leaving unfinished jobs behind!
    This will be a quick update as my time is very limited but you will get the "idea"!

So lets begin!

As you will see in this update, I did some mistakes on the designing of one of the aluminum parts and while I was trying to fix it by changing my original plans I was only making it worse.
    The most of the pictures are my efforts that gone wasted...
    First, the holes for the fan controller and the addition of threads on the face of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some extra shots of the power and restart buttons after the acrylic varnish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A real mess!!!! Only if you could see the rest of my house.... Here I start measuring for the i/o holes of most of the components and also marking the aluminum.

[​IMG]

I also messed with the idea of the creation of a backplate for the mobo i/o shield. More on a following update.

[​IMG]

The beginning.... :p

[​IMG]

The middle...

[​IMG]

Me... messing with my previous "backplate" idea!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is... my mistake. I placed the hole for the DVD rom in a wrong place so I decided to use a slim DVD in a different place. I was going to cover the old hole with an acrylic illuminated logo of the mod... Yeah I messed it up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my creation of the GPU stand-holder. I did something easy but... functional! More on this on an upcoming update!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here we are!!! New pieces.... I decided to change these 3 not only the "faulty" one as I wanted to do some minor changes. Special thanks to my friend who works in the laser company for the quick delivery and not only!!

[​IMG]

And I finally got the acrylic parts!

[​IMG]

The cpu block was painted by using a new technique which is textured were the black color is only! Quite amazing huh? :p I thought I could use this technique as from far is distinctive and it blends quite nice with the rest of the "inside" theme!
    It also has 3 layers of acrylic varnish which it gives it extra durability and also glossiness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the feet of the mod. Are composed by 6mm a grade black acrylic and 3mm blue fluorescent. I will add a white led in each one of them in order to give them a very smooth ambient light effect. The polish.... gosh it took me forever as the particular black acrylic is very hard as its a good quality one. These pictures are one step before the final.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the reservoir stand painted a darker blue candy with a very small portion on the right edge treated with the same technique as the cpu. Not visible from far.
    The reservoir was frosted except from a horizontal line of 1.5 cm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Random shots of the ssd cage assembly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ve spend one whole day trying to cut the holes on the top black acrylic piece!! I also made some minor changes as you will see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final polished feet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Changed the stand for the usb due to the new laser cut aluminum face...!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of the ...many test assemblies!

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading the update guys, till the next time, peace!! :)

The_Gnu and yassarikhan786 like this.
  4. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Veeeeery nice.
    That CPU block looks darn good and so do the polished feet!
    Will you polish the edges of the big midplate like that, too?

5. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks mate! Yes I will, imagine the sanding I have to do... again!!!! I should change the mods name to "Endless sanding" or something!!! :p :)

yassarikhan786 and Waynio like this.
  6. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Wow, lots done for this update.

Well mistakes happen, but it was good practice. New panels look very nice. The reservoir and stand look fantastic. A very interesting finish on the CPU block, care to share the process?

Overall Alex great work. The results are worth every hour of sanding. :thumb: :)

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Alex or Sir Sandalot :D:p.

The polished feet turned out sweet well worth the effort, look like some kind of jewels :D, rounded pass through holes are nice too, was amazed how much better they look than plain square style, ssd mount looks neat, res holder looks fleeping excellent, trademark awesome paint job on the block :D.

The shot with it on the bed is the first time I've seen both main parts together & looks bleeping awesome, your creativity coming up with this design must have been off the charts, love it :D :rock:. +rep

edit:
    Almost forgot to say crapper about the hiccup on the panel but got it sorted nicely :clap::).

8. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Wow very arty farty! Looks great! The block looks awesome!

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Beautiful paint work as always Alex, well done.

10. Mataten

Mataten What's a Dremel?

Nice work! Awesome painting on cpu-block. I will follow this thread.

11. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Damn...

Love the color combination, and that res is just cheesecake! So is the waterblock, and... Come on, stop all that awesomeness! :thumb:

12. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

The colours are excellent. You sure got a lot done :). I really love the CPU block :).

Excellent work as always. You never disappoint.

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro! A lot of practice lolz :p PM sent in a few minutes! :)

I really loved the Sandalot and I actually laughed when I saw it!! :lol: It reminds me something from king arthur and the knights of the round table!! Thanks for the comment my friend I am glad that you like my work and my efforts! :)

Doesnt the arty farty means something boring that tries to look like actual art?? :p Anwz thanks bro!!

Thanks J my friend!! :)

Welcome aboard too!!! Thanks man!! :)

LoL thanks buddy, I love your comments! ;)

Thank you my friend, glad you liked the colors and the work!!!! :)

14. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

Awesome awesome awesome. One for the work, two for the ghetto mods and third for the sheer awesomeness of your work, dude youre just awesome!

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

It's crazy the amount of things you've been cramming into these updates, too much to comment properly on, leaves my words all over the place :D but they are exceptionally awesome updates without a doubt :clap:.

I'd be worried of losing pictures in-between updates though, minimal chance but it's a chance or do you make regular backups of the pictures for safety :), seen it happen to diecyde with the command & conquer flame thrower ps3 :lol: never seen such an extreme & awesome & dangerous console mod but he lost a bunch of updates & it's a ridiculously complex project, probably the most complex I ever seen.

16. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

Extreme modding ..... in bed ...... does your significant other know ;) :eyebrow:

17. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

looking really good Angel.
    I really like how your painting technique skills develope. I remember one of your first mods here where you started to experiment with painting and tried a lot of different techniques. At first I was a bit worried how it all would look like with all the structure, but you really pulled it off. And for every new mod, your painting/texturing outperforme the previous one (even though I thought it wasn't possible). And so you did in this one.:clap:

amazing work...you master of textures.

18. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Taken out of context, I have no idea what it would mean, but I don't want to know! :lol:

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

;) Thanks thanks thanks buddy I really appreciate your support!! :)

Imagine that half of the process is not recorded as I consider that it will be overkill to take shoots of cutting this drilling that etc! I dont save in between but instead I leave them on the cameras sd card and then I move them to an external hard drive. The best thing is though to save them more often just to make sure as I had a lot of problems with the sd corruption in the past!

LoL I do my... best and I use every way possible... or bed.... :lol:

I am very glad to hear these words from you buddy it means a lot!!! It took me many years and a loooot of paints and time to improve these techniques even many people might dont like them as its something new as many of these techniques were made by me. Its something strange but I like doing something different instead of plain paint and I am glad you like them!!
    Thanks again buddy for the support!! :)

LoL i wont say a thing!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Less talking, more modding AnG3L! :naughty: