1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF3 noob questions thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by YEHBABY, 5 Nov 2011.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

My own noob question: How do I get 2142 to appear on my veteran status? It's in my Origin games list (carried over from registering my CD key on EADM, not bad) and the EA account management site lists all of my Battlefield accounts as linked since they all use the same email, yet I can't figure out how to get it to show up for veterancy.

I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, but I was killed a couple times by single Stinger/IGLA missiles piloting the attack helicopter a couple nights ago and figured I was unlucky enough to have the missile kill me inside the cockpit. Felt bad for my gunner because he and the helicopter lived... then promptly plummeted to the ground. For jets this seems far less likely, though.

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

stingers will damage the vehicle, and depending where it hit (like the cockpit) it could damage the pilot too.

coz if i can snipe a pilot through cockpit glass, and an RPG can blow me apart, then it should be able to blow your cockpit too.

i was once piloting the apache and a jet was machine gunning from the side.... it damages the chopper, but it kills me right off the bat. leaving the apache to drop to the ground and being picked up by the enemy :( slightly damage but still ok.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well most of the time i got locked on, i speed away from the battlefield on booster. and around half of the time i get killed.

the missile should only touch my exhaust, it shouldn't come anywhere close to the cockpit.

4. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Can you set your characters appearance to always be a certain camouflage you've unlocked other than the default? Mine always seems to set itself to the default camo at the start of each round.

5. Redbeaver

its a bug. DICE said they're looking into it.

that said, i always change my appearance depending on the map anyway :) (dont wanna use bright blue urban camo in Firestorm, do we?)

6. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Thanks Red, I noticed that night that sometimes the camo stays at what I chose and then other times it reverts to default.

7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Idk, it's bothering me slightly too (though for no real reason, I didn't even play that much 2142 relative to BF2 :D).

8. Destructive

Destructive What's a Dremel?

Had the same problem getting BC1 to register for veteran, a quick session with the EA live chat support and I now have veteran points from all of the games (even though I don't own half of them :hehe:).

Worth a try, see if you get as lucky as me.

9. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

2 questions.

1. Is there any news from Dice about the ability to 'cook' grenades? I'm not a fan of giving people a chance to get away from my boom balls.

2. Why do my key binding for throwing grenades only work occasionally? I have them set to 'G', actually same happens when it is set to 'F'. Setting it to a mouse button is ok, but I want it on the keyboard too.

10. wyx087

noob post-patch question:

-how do i turn off rumble on the xbox360 controller? can't find the option in the menus.

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Same here i don't know and its not in any key bind settings either, disable in windows?

Sent from Bittech Android app

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Lots of people complaining about this on the Battlelog forums (if you can find the posts in the 7,000+ other posts complaining about the path....)

13. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Another noob question. Does assault have the option for smoke granades when using the grenade launcher or does this have to be unlocked/just doesn't exist? Always used it in BFBC2.

14. wyx087

it's very stupid and noobish:
    you unlock M320 as in assault kit. do ~30 kills with it to unlock other rounds such as smoke and buckshot.

15. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

My question or the way it's done? Probably both, but thanks wuyanxu.

16. wyx087

sorry. i meant the way it's done. smoke launcher is most important asset in Rush. yet it is unlocked quite late.

in fact, all good teamwork stuff are unlocked later on.

17. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

When do you unlock the gren attachment?

18. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I think it's 30 kills. I just went around on a TDM server; you feel like a noob and get raged at for doing it but smoke nades are godly on rush.

19. Redbeaver

ROFLMAO! I totally read that as u calling the question...

20. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I've been wondering about this for a while, and it's now buggin' me. How does suppression affect players? (that is suppressive fire, not sound suppression;)).

Would I be right to say that it is only a point award and only once the opponent is killed after reaching a threshold cumulative suppression rate, say 100% /sec.

Example: M16 fires 13 rounds/sec and supp' of 7% making a supp' rate of 91%/sec. Now we all know that shootin' like that is not practical anyway, but with a teammate - I can image that it works out (sort of) to the 10 point award.

Or am I just talking dandelions?

Also on a helpful note, has anyone noticed that when "zoomed" most weapons spread characteristics are constant regardless of stance? (Thanks to Redbeaver for the Symthic data link.)

Back to noob questions what does the acronym ADS mean. At the moment I've backronymed it to Attenuated or Active Death Sight .