1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Assassin's Creed Revelations

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by adidan, 27 May 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

bad news nobody:

Assassin's Creed Revelations PC will be delayed to December.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/29/ubi-delay-assassins-creed-revelations-pc/

hard to say im surprised given this is Ubisoft. in fact, i was very surprised that they were going to do a simultaneous release with PC included.

guess i'll just play other games that is made by companies that appreciate PC platform: BF3, Rage, Skyrim and Batman AC. count me out of Revelations until it hits its first price reduction to below £20. (cancelled my preorder)

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That sucks! Ah well, keep an eye out for a new year's sale on it.

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I was really looking forward to AC:R and then I read the Eurogamer review. They have dumbed down the great features from 2 and brotherhood, added rubbish like a tower defence game and give you less Ezio and more dull, depressing Desmond. I ****ing hate Desmond.

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

We're going to have top play a full game featuring Desmond at some point as it is his story (the Altair and Ezio sidelines, while the main meat of the game so far, are just Desmonds training aids).

From the interviews I've read so far
    Altair and Ezio have no blood ties to each other (other than Desmond). Desmond is the focal point of various (or even all of the) Assassin blood lines which is why the prophecies keep referring to him

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Desmond is the worst character in the series. He is boring, unlikeable and lifeless compared to Ezio. Altair wasn't that great but at least he was something.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Boring, lifeless... it depends on point of view. How many hours did you play as Desmond compared to Ezio or Altair ? If i say 5% of the game time, i maybe even overestimated his gameplay time.

And they have to finish/resolve the story somehow, i think having pretty much the 4th part of the series is the time for at least some resolution for the main story. Because technically, Altair's and Ezio's story are the sidequests of the Desmond's story :D.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Well I'm going to love it, it's on my Christmas list so it's going to be free for me. :)

8. AceRimmer77

AceRimmer77 What's a Dremel?

REALLY looking forward to this, its going to be a busy Christmas.

9. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Just brought it today and played for an hour or so. Bit slow to get going but so far there are some really cool additions to the gameplay.

10. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I recently started playing the first one to see what the hype was about with the Assassin's creed franchise and I have to admit I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I think I've nearly completed it and I can't wait to play the other ones in the series. Better late than never :).

11. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

completed it. was awesome! the den protecting was annoying though!

12. faugusztin

Man, spoilers. PC version isn't out yet, so please use the damn spoiler tags. Thanks.

13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

He has only mentioned something that is in every review?

14. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

indeed ^. i haven't mentioned any spoilers... lol

15. faugusztin

Maybe. But i don't read even the reviews, so for me it is a spoiler. :)

16. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I've played every Assassins Creed through and through...And this means nothing to me whats so ever...Not really a spoiler...>_>

But back on topic...Skyrim...Assassins Creed...Zelda....

My wallets hurting :( Plus with Christmas round the corner..Anyhoo, I cannot wait for this game >:D

17. wyx087

this game is much lower on my to-play list than BF3 and Skyrim. so i shall be picking this up in bargain bucket for less than £15 next year.

on the other hand, if they hadn't screwed PC gamer's up by delayed release, i will have my preorder and be playing it now. Ubisoft sales technique fail.

18. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

As a former AC fangirl, this is a disappointing game. I've played a grand total of 45 minutes of single player, but Ezio looks like a baboon so I had to stop before I wanted to punch his face in. They've made the multiplayer ridiculous too. Changing a lot of things that didn't need "fixing" and leaving a lot of the game ruining bugs. They also appear to have "fixed" matchmaking this time by putting you in any old mode when searching takes too long... and you can't get on the same team as friends any more.

19. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I'm still playing, around 70% sync'd now (completed story line, looking to get all other stuff and 100% sync in story) but I am getting very bored.

20. wyx087

may i ask which parts have they "fixed"?

have they fixed the ridiculous amount of roof runners? that killed ACBH for me :( how have they made sure you stay on the ground unless you are getting chased? AC is about deception and conning, not whoever can run fastest on the rooftop.

how is the start-with-discreet-build-up-points-stalking system? i thought it's giving roof runners a HUGE advantage, but then it will also add another layer to the game if people behaves.

after Ubisoft's ghost recon and i am alive comments. i will only be picking this up in bargain bucket. they are a ridiculous company that doesn't deserve any respect from sensible gamers.