1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Anyone fairly new to the game want someone to play with? I've been playing for a month or so and it's frustrating playing with my friends (they're all level 30 and playing ranked...) because we end up playing against players that are far better than I am.

I usually play ranged AD champs like Tristana or Corki, but I've played a lot of Gangplank and Kayle in the past.

2. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

I still go hybrid. Doran's Ring > Merc Treads > Sheen > Guinsoo's > Nashor's > Catalyst > Gunblade > Trinity Force > Banshees.

Very potent in Dominion, and good in classic so long as you don't do anything stupid.

3. windy

windy What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty new to it myself, only level 10, add me if you like - windyweasel. Been playing Mundo quite a bit lately, sometimes Ashe, Yi. Think I'll give Rammus a go this rotation too. Usually play pretty late on an evening.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I wanted to create a ranked team but the tag has to have a minimum of 3 characters ? How retarded is that ?

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

WHY OH WHY MUST PEOPLE SUCK AT WORKING AS A TEAM :(

6. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Yeah, it really does suck sometimes. I'm quite a fan of Karma, but playing with random teammates basically makes her impossible to play: "Stop moving randomly around so I can heal y- oh never mind."

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

to be fair I wouldn't know how to play around karma either because she's never used by anyone so I haven't got to know her yet

8. docodine

[​IMG]

Tristana is pretty fun to play :lol:

9. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I'm pretty sure ANY champion would be fun to play in that game, looking at the terrible builds on the opposition/how much you were allowed to farm on minions. :p

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Trist is a beast if left to farm, which you managed to do pretty well in that game. I'm confused by Vayne though.....

11. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

You built Attack Speed on Trist :(.

12. docodine

Was that a mistake? New to the game..

13. TheKrumpet

Why? Pure AD carry is far more common than attack speed. IE + PD + BT is a fantastic build for any AD carry.

Anyway, Tristana's Q gives her more attack speed, so you don't need to build loads. With a Madred's and a PD you've got more than enough. In fact, you'd probably be pretty close to the Cap with your Q active.

So no, you've done nothing wrong with that build. Also, I love how insanely carries can snowball at lower level play... those were the days.

Also, dat Vayne O_O.

Other than WW's Bilgewater Cutlass (may as well build Bloodthirster, Hextech Gunblade/AP does nothing for him) and the Frozen Heart on Tristana (that one's pretty WTF) everything else seems fairly standard and viable. There's no real 'Terrible Builds' there.

EDIT: In fact, the builds on his team were worse. That Vayne's is just pants-on-head retarded, and Riven needs a Atma's, not a Thornmail. Thornmail is a terrible item.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2011
  14. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I'd say that trinity force on an Akali, AP Sion, glacial shroud on trist, bilgewater WW, are all pretty poor builds. Morgana has 6.1k farmed and she has a total of about 80 AP is pretty terrible as well. I'd go as far as to say that the spirit visage on WW, crystal scepter on Akali and each characters boots (except sion) are about the only decent item choices there.

15. TheKrumpet

Trinity Force on Akali is debatable, owing to the skill spam she does. You actually tend to get more damage from having a sheen on no cooldown than you do from a Lich Bane. Morgana's build is fine, she's designed to be a tanky AP so Rod of Ages makes sense as a first item build. She's just underfarmed. AP Sion is common enough, not quite as potent since the nerf but still viable. The Boots of Mobility make him a very good ganker, owing to the fact that it takes him basically no time to close in for his stun.

But yeah, Glacial Shroud makes no sense on Trist, and Bilgewater makes no sense on WW.

16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

The problem with AP sion is, well, this

BV stops him, sure he can nuke early, but it's still terrible.

Edit: without runes and masteries factored in, Trist would have about 1.8 attack speed. I'd get PD, simply to make her move faster and crit more tbh. Probably would have gotten a frozen mallet too, or a BV.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2011
  17. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I can understand the AS on vayne for the silver bolt which is pretty op, but she needs some dmg to make it really worth while. I just started playing her and I've had a lot of success with this item build:

Berserker greeves
    Phantom dancer
    Bloodthirster
    Bloodrazer
    Gaurdian Angel
    Infinity edge / last whisper / frozen mallet depending what I really need.

I absolutely eat through tanks as long as they don't have a thornmail and squishies hate me. The frozen bolt is so unreal with that combination of AS and AD, plus with the bloodrazer I get even more dmg on tanky dps.

I also bought cog, and though he's a beast late game the one game I played I didn't farm very well and he has no escapes so I didn't really start to pick up until late game. I'll need to play him a bit more to get used to it.

As for WW, I think he needs to be played tanky for ganking. I find most AD or AP ww's can't survive enough with lifesteal and his Q alone and if he has no health / armor he gets dropped way too quickly. He also gets kited easily if the enemy isn't under 1/2 hp and he doesnt have his blood scent.

I play him purely tanky, and I believe im 6 wins, 1 loss in ranked games jungling.

I normally build:
    wriggles lantern
    merc treads
    spirit visage
    Either force of nature or banshees veil
    Randuins or sunfire
    Warmogs
    Atmas

replace spirit visage with something that is more suitable or sell latern and get bloodrazer.

With my Q and the spirit visage early game I have enough life steal to sustain myself in ganks and jungles. Unlike most junglers, I normally don't start ganking until 6 unless there is a lane that is heavily pushed and I know I can get the kill. No point wasting jungle time trying to kill someone if it's not a guarantee. At least with the ult a pushed lane is almost always a guaranteed kill with my ult along with lane partners coming in. Anyone that can snare / stun or slow ww though is his worst enemy. Once you have your blood scent and your well off and tanky its not too big of an issue but early and mid game he's been known to easily be kited.

I used to play ww AD + AS but his skills benefit from AP and magewick just isn't all that great, though he is funny to see / play. The AD and AS only benefit his auto-attacks, and warwick is not really an auto-attacking hero.

18. TheKrumpet

See, I prefer the AS + Tank items on WW. I go for Cloth Armor/Health Pots > Back at 1050 for Madred's Razor and Shoes > Finish Beserkers or Merc Treads, depending on CC > Giant's Belt > Finish Bloodrazor > Build Wit's end first if you need M-Res, finish Sunfire if you need Armor > finish out with what's best for you. The last items tend to be a combination of Spirit Visage/Bloodthirster/Frozen Mallet/ Banshee's Veil/Malady depending on what's needed. But yeah, WW definitely needs some tank behind him.

I find I can gank perfectly fine with just boots, as you can do a fair amount of initial damage with your team mates and Q, provided they pay attention. As long as they drop below 50% health you're golden.

He should be. His W is awesome with on-hit items (Wit's End, Madred's Bloodrazor, Malady) and not building on-hit or damage is a waste of that ability IMHO.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Trist's Q is 90% AS boost, that's the largest AS boost in the game IIRC and means she only really needs only one AS item.

Getting 3 is a bit of a waste since it stacks multiplicatively and results in any subsequent AS boost being diminished. As such, she'd have benefited from more Damage IMO.

I personally would have gotten something like a Last Whisper, Black Cleaver or another Bloodthirster instead of either the Phantom Dancer or Madred's.

Also, Madred's is highly situational (for the cost) and should only really be used against high HP targets.

20. TheKrumpet

I misread, I though you said 'build' rather than 'built'. I agree, you don't need to build that much AS on her (which was my point above).