1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Assassin's Creed: Revelations Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

I played the first one and found it such a grind that I never went on to play any AC since. A friend had played it and said they had thoroughly enjoyed it and that it was worth playing for the twist at the end, that in itself was hardly revolutionary and most definitely an anti-climax. Playing the assassin role was fun for a while and the graphics and stomach churning height perspective at times made AC bearable to play.

Perhaps my expectations are simply to high but this looks like another game in the series to avoid for me, though others may well enjoy it.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I haven't tried the latest outing, but AC2 has certainly been the pinnacle of the series for me so far. I'll be buying this one shortly as I'm interested in how the story pans out.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I've still got Brotherhood to finish. Stop bringing out new games before I finish the old ones!!!!

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I'll be getting this for x-mas I think.
    I enjoyed the first three greatly, and am really looking forward to this one.

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Just started this, I was looking forward to ground breaking changes however it's not BUT I enjoyed the previous games and story and will play this to get the ending (just like am watching the Twilight movies, I just want to see how it ends)

IMO AC2 is a 3 part game hence no major changes, am expecting more from AC3

7. mikewd

mikewd What's a Dremel?

Storyline was always stupid, plot was always linear and required you to perform menial tasks to progress, missions were always repetitive, but people still bought it and loved it... if they could just improve on these things instead of adding irrelevant mini-games.

And I wish they'd stop with the white markers to say where you go each time. It used to be fun to find that hidden scalable wall or broken fence.

8. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I just completed the first one, so I have a long way to go before I play this.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'm not keen on the first mini game i got to, you place men on roofs and barracade the ground, boring and didnt feel like AC at all

10. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Um...happily?
    It is a generic adolescent romantic saga (I'm being factual, and not hating in a trollish manner), and they can only end one way; after facing various trials and tribulations that test their feelings, the central characters pull through with their love strengthened, and end their days in the manner of all princes and princesses - happily ever after.

I've seen the first 20mins of the first movie. During that time I used the "Skip 30sec" button on my PVR remote some ten times, then I used the delete button. I have not socially engaged in discussion of plot points or whether Bella should end up with Edward or [insert the obligatory generic romantic-triangle character foil], nor have I engaged in trolling forums with derogatory twinkly Twilight comments, and beyond a girl arriving at a new school and a pale boy creepily staring at her, I know nothing of plot beyond movie trailers on TV.
    So someone shock me to the core and tell me I'm wrong regarding how Twilight ends.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  11. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Having nearly completed Revelations for me it seems its a step in the wrong direction, with brotherhood being the pinnacle of the series. Being a fan of asscreed I am glad to see how it jumps between the 3 story lines, and only wish the game didn't crash when starting the Desmond sections.

12. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

On topic again regarding AC games, this is yet another series on my gaming "To Do" list that I never seem to get around to actually doing even though I have AC and AC2 in Steam ("Keep off me Steam Sales, you damned filthy apes!").
    I will get around to it, I promise. After I've finished Skyrim...and there is Rage...and I keep forgetting about...

13. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I'm the same. I took me a couple of months to finish the first AC. It wasn't hard, it was just that I played it like once a week because I got occupied with other games and forgot about it.

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Unfortunately the one game you played is far and away the weakest of the series. Once you've done one assassination its just rinse and repeat until the end of the game. AC 2 introduced a lot more elements and much more varied game play and Brotherhood (the best imo) took this even further. I'm replaying AC2 atm and one of the highlights are the assassins tombs, and the crypts in Brotherhood which were huge platforming puzzles much like tomb raider of old. Unfortunately these have been cut from revelations I believe.

15. ya93sin

ya93sin What's a Dremel?

The only issue I ever had with Assassin's Creed was how slow movement is before you fast walk/free run.
    I've played Revelations for a bit on a mate's PS3, and I enjoy it, and I definitely can't wait to play it on the PC.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  16. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

This is on my Xmas list for the PC, hopefully someone buys it for me, otherwise a trip into town on boxing day may be in order. Liked the first one (got way to repetitive though), AC2 and brotherhood were great games, liked all the new parts even if it took away from the whole "being a badass assassin" part of the game.
    Still enjoy finding a huge crowd of guards and seeing how many of them i can kill before sprinting.
    By the end game though its not too troublesome to take on 10 or more as long as there isnt any of those gladiator tough *******s, They laugh at my blocking attempts, but once i found their weakness (attack, kick them in the stomach then hidden blade) they were easier to deal with. Last 2 SP games ive finished on the PC i believe were AC2 and AC2:B.

17. triprunner

triprunner What's a Dremel?

tried the first one, thought it'd be something along Hitman series set in the medieval times... then you were forced to fight 10 dudes in the middle of the street with 100s of people around... not much an assassin as a insta death fight machine of invicibility... pass

18. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Interesting. So, if in many ways this differs little from the preceding AC games, what makes this any different in justification of praise or bile than, say, the Modern Warfare series...???

19. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Most people have just said how different this is from the first. AC2 adds a little, then brotherhood added more, and Revelations just tops up. The only similarities in the series are Brotherhood and Revelations.

Call of Duty is a massively more successful and popular game than AC, therefore it is going to have a much larger scale of criticism. Plenty of people hate on Call of duty just because it's the 'in' thing to do.

20. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

I have noticed this. Bandwagons are popular these days.

You speak wise words!

:thumb:

Tags: Add Tags