1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Worst Game You Own

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LeMaltor, 20 Oct 2011.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Get STALKER Complete, you will fall in love with it :)

2. Bertiee

Bertiee What's a Dremel?

C&C Renegade, although granted it came as part of the decade pack

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Pretty much. It's almost suspicious how everything that moved in that game was an enemy, after the immersive social-themes buildup. It makes me wonder whether they ran out of time and actually couldn't get round to making friendly AI.

Oh, no, because you can call in your buddies to help in a fight sometimes. They're all out of excuses then: it's just a bad, bad game.

4. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

AoE (all 3)

The gameplay isn't too bad. The engine, however, is easily the butt-end of jokes.

Heck, AoE II's engine has even become a meme in of itself!

Collect STEAK.... from BUSHES....... Need I say more?

Wait.

WOLOWO! WWWAAAHHHHHHH!
    That was convincing, was it not?

5. Jan143

Jan143 What's a Dremel?

Frontlines: Fuel of war. Picked it up from a sale because all the fancy videos, but the game itself looked like some alpha version of a 1998's shooter.

6. alastor

alastor Minimodder

2006 FIFA World Cup.

Yes I own it. No I did not enjoy it.

7. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Battlefield Bad crap 2

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's been awhile since playing AoE II, but if memory serves the "steak" is just representative of food in general.

Sir, blame it on your ISP!

AmEv likes this.
  9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I have played that many but some that stick out are:

Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - I was sold on the hype and played 10 minutes and though I got robbed.

Race Pro (360) - The worst driving game I ever bought and I was so close to buying V8 Supercars until I played the demo and was suprised how simular the game play was to race pro thinking they must of tried to rip of Race Pro lol

Alone in the Dark (360) - Did they run out of money or just too lazy to finish. The ideas were there but executed poorly. ITs the most broken game I ever played.

OMi (PS2) - I think they created one plain boring level and copied pasted it so you play it over and over again. It was lacking variety and good level design.

There are lots more over from the last 20 years but I no longer own them. However Body Blows and Rise of the Robots ont he Amiga were total hype rubbish.

Edit: There is alot of hate towards Far Cry 2. I hadit on PS3 and just traded it in for the 360 version (sliming down my PS3 game collection in favour of the 360). However I have not finished the game so I dont want to judge it yet.

10. Deders

Deders Modder

Probably should have finished the other 3590 mins

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This. I maintain that FFVII is horribly over-hyped (honestly, some of the fans are certifiably insane, and most are wearing nostalgia goggles as big as lava lamps), but it's still a very good game. You really can't judge any game in the first 10 minutes alone - well, you can, but doing so is silly and hints at a preconceived bias against the game that you're unwilling to put aside.

FFVII has horrendous-as-a-butt graphics and a laughably bad Engrish translation in the EU/US versions, but its characters are memorable and endearing and its story is genuinely fascinating and involving. It's worth getting past the graphics and silly dialogue moments.

12. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

Skyrim and Bad Badcony 2

13. Xir

Xir Modder

After a while though, the non-skippable GF-fight-animations get very very time-consuming and boring.
    (Or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to ship these?)

My version collects berries from bushes, and meat from animals, you sure you looked right?

14. Deders

Deders Modder

You only really need to use them every now and then if you have the best weaponry available at the time, they come in useful when normal weapons don't do much damage or for inflicting status's on multiple enemies.

15. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Mine does too, as does the demo.

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

It was only after paying £39.99 for it and put the game in the PS1 that I realised it was a turn based game. I never seen, played or heard of Final Fantasy up untill this game and I dont recall any demos. Also the internet was not as it is now with game trailers etc.

I really cant get into those turn based games, so yes I could judge it in 10 minutes. I thought you fully controled the charaters and go slasing and hacking. This is the first and last game I bought blind. I now make sure that there are demos or I play the game somewere before I try a franchise unknown to me before buying. This game made me learn an important lesson.

17. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Bad example.

King.

MORBIDLY obese.

Runs as fast as horses.

Tiny catapult>gynormous trebuchet.

18. Xir

Xir Modder

...I need them every time, as my damage is like flinging makeup pads...and I'm on the third disk :eeek:

Somethings clearly wrong. Do we need a FF-how-to thread?

19. Deders

Deders Modder

Which area are you in? What weapons do you have equipped?

20. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Wat.

You're doing it wrong if you're writing off FF7 after 10 minutes but willing to give FarCry2 the benefit of the doubt until you've finished it. :p