1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Haha, server trolling?

I have it in my favourites, but it seemed empty last night? Is there more than one?

I actually like Metro for one reason, I know it inside out from playing the Beta, whereas I am as lost as a nun in a whorehouse on other maps!

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Quiet enough last night, but good squadplay with you fella. Everyone has to start somewhere :D

We do hop between our IO and Vehicle map all the time to keep them ticking over.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

just advertising the official server :)

all maps takes a bit of learning, you won't know them unless you play them!

problem i have with Metro, Damavand Peak and Grand Bazaar is the chokepoints. they are satisfying and get loads of kills in a short time. (good way to boost SPM) but that's it. no vehicles, no flanking and no teamwork until one of you slip pass that chokepoint. gets very old very quickly.

the real Battlefield experience is on Kharg Island, Caspian Boarder and Operation Firestorm.

4. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

wu, did the server eventually fill up last night? Wanted to play but at around 8pm there was still only like, 2 ppl on so I was :(

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it filled up quite quickly when the game got started.

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Do you guys arrange game times then?

What time do you usually jump on?

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

It must be the times I go on but I haven't seen anyone ion the vehicle server in ages. Although once I start playing I tend to stay on that server and not check the other.

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I think quite a few people prefer the Infantry only server. I just hop on which ever server has got people on.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

If one is full, then I tend to jump on the other to make sure it starts and then they are usually solid for the night.

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

You guys seen this? Apparently from the latest console patch (not sure when it'll hit PCs)

I never had a prob with IRNV, it was useful in places but could always be countered with the black camo (ish). This patch though... surely it renders it completely useless now :p

I'll just keep using my Holo/RDS :)

11. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

^^^Hahaha, a lot of people are going to have to learn how to play the game again if that is accurate.

I prefer using holo/RDS now as it gives a much better gaming experience.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Learn how to play again? They've rendered the scope completely useless...Like one of the comments said, all they needed to do was reduce the range.

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I thought that the scope was perfect back in the Alpha/Beta, where you would get alot more heat signatures from other things in the environment, not just infantry and equipment. Flames would "lag" across the screen as well and it wasn't always so clear-cut, but it was useful at times.

Hopefully, they don't just slap a brainless nerf on it without thinking it through.
    I don't use the IRNV at all, but there is no reason to completely ruin it either, just balance it and don't be too hasty. That's not asking for much, is it? :p

14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

That looks like night-ANTIvision, i don't think it's real. Surely the devs know better than to make a piece of equipment literally useless, or a downright handicap.

15. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

...Or completely obliterate it and make the world a better place :p

I really hope, really really really hope that ^ isn't a fake and it's like that everywhere :D

16. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

If that video is real then I just died a little inside. I just unlocked the IRNV scope for the M249 and I loves it. :(

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Wow, thats a bit of an over the top nerf, I just wanted reduced range and ability for flashlights and laser sights to blind it.

18. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

1000 Ticket server... join, they hold all the points.. Like hell I'm being base raped for an hour.

Bede likes this.
  19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

lol wtf? They didn't nerf it, they fking destroyed it :eyebrow: It's unuseable now heh. Sigh.

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

It says short range in the weapon stats wyx, don't count on it being any good beyond that. Not VSS like at all.