1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

But Ian is on it and he has a shotgun...:(...

2. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

Have the Kleenex at the ready gentlemen, you're going down... lol

Really looking forward to this, it's going be great fun and a bit of friendly competition is always welcome.

All I do ask for is that you all polish your dog tags before Sunday night, as I don't want to have to do it myself after I take them :clap:

3. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Sounds like a laugh. Though I should get on to mumble first.

4. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I have a shotgun too. In fact I've got two - the DAO and the M1014 - and I think I've got IRNV on both. :rock:

If only this was MW and you could dual wield shotties...

I'll happily join.

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Have you met Ian and his little shotty yet?....:eeek:

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

don't worry, Deadbolt also has his USAS. Lassar can attest to "effective" Deadbolt can be with that thing.

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

IRNV nerf seems harsh. It just needed a range nerf and sight time nerf or could be given exclusively to recon.

At any rate, i don't care too much. I find IRNV messes with the stealth meta game too much.

Bede likes this.
  8. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

yawn i'd take this forum on my own pointless. :p

so i'd have to help you i suppose.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2011
  9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I actually think they would have been better off keeping the range as it is, but making it the same as the irnv in the tanks, i..e black and white without the same pop of the green and yellow.

10. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

the irnv has been nerfed? not played for a week happy days.

11. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Only on the Consoles so far, unchanged on PC but should see it soon :p

Hopefully :D

12. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

"Get ready for pain bt" - TheDweller

13. spectre456

The thermal in the beta is actually different (more accurately represented) than the thermal in the retail release.

Beta IRNV:

If you look at when he is firing whilst at the stairs near the escalators (3:15) then you will notice the orange colouring fades at range and leaves a barely discernible silhouette.

Retail Release IRNV:

Ignore the 'nade spamming and look at when he scopes in at 2:45. see a differece?

The retail IRNV has longer range and it doesn't pick up the IR on any of the surfaces in the environment. That's the main issue.

The fact that targets are bright orange on a solidly green background makes target acquisition easier and therefore quicker.

tldr?

compare 3:15 with 2:45

14. marsey99

marsey99 if i cant fix it with my hammer....

i dont believe all the cry babies got the ir nerfed, it was fine but the tac light needed to be more effective against it.

i wonder what they will QQ about after this, clip size?

15. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Cry babies? Asking for Actual balance? Did someone get their crutch removed? :naughty:

Bede likes this.
  16. spectre456

i didn't realise any of the guns used clips in this game. Please. tell me how you unlocked the mosin nagant.

Bede likes this.
  17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Always funny when people cry about others crying. I'd rather be the one crying with the majority about an OP item than the one crying about my crutch being taken away.

Mauser C96 anyone? :naughty:

18. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Happy days :) It's sad that the Antenna tower only falls just as the game is about to end, it would be funny to have it happen at random times and watch the wookies learn about gravity!

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

1. I wear pants, not trousers so yes I left my trousers at home
    2. If I shot you POINT BLANK with a sniper (not the semi-autos), you should die. To be lucky enough to get a shoot off like that should have a reward not a death
    3. They weren't moving up, so I brought the fight to their base. They weren't smart enough to take me out so they got butthurt

That's just it, I wasn't camping really. I was moving in front of there base killing anyone I saw.

That's just it, I hate long distance sniping, it's boring and useless in terms of teamwork. CQC sniping should have some advantages, not quick scoping, that **** is dumb

I'm sick an tired of going on the battlelog forums only to see complain/bitching about every single gun in the game saying it's OP, or this is OP because they got killed with it twice in one game.

If that's what it is, they might as well just take it out of the game. I guess all you crying butthurt babies got your way

marsey99 likes this.
  20. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Don't look at the forums then? It's not just a few people whining about a gun, it's a lot of people putting forward a lot of good points against the retarded state of it previously. All your 'points' against any change is that pplz r bitchin and it maek me sadfaec!@!@11one11!

If you can't see how broken it is, there's something wrong with you. :rolleyes:
    Yes it's fun to have godvision, but it's unbalanced. Multiplayer games thrive on balance. Y u no comprehend :blah: