1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

So the patch came to PS3 today, and my god was it awful. Servers don't show up on the browser but you can join via quick match, and still not fix on the tactical light is annoying, it's like looking into the sun from 5 yards away, what kind of bulbs do they put in those things?

2. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

they reduce the range of its intensity. so it isn't so blinding from afar. But the those lights in RL are very blinding.

3. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Woot! I will be there. :D

I fear for Aria's chances considering Deadbolt, Wyx, Rotty, Fluidic, and myself (probably in a tank), F1BRE and others will be on the same team.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2011
  4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just had a bit of fun on Firestorm although it was marred by the server spawning me right in front of the same guy 5 times at the warehouses. Cue him getting 5 easy kills.

Other than that it was pretty fun.

5. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Sounds good :D

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

scroll up the forum abit, look at the other video. its not nerfed that bad.

and about the sniper gun thingie, when shot point blank, you SHOULD die, but it doesn't in this game. (except hardcore mode)

so to buff it so it does 1-shot kill in point blank would screw up any balance left in this game, unfortunately.

beside, the M98 already hits 95-damage out of 100 health... or was it 98? go check symtec website i posted earlier for the breakdown.

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I don't see what the fuss is about personally, I always use holo or ironsights and either stay on the move or limit my angles so I know where to watch. I've had relatively few deaths where I could say 'he wouldn't have got me without that scope' so I choose to *shrug* and not let it affect my fun.

Now, what does affect my fun is epic camping in metro rush. Never again will I play that map alone, you really need a bunch of guys co-ordinating things or you just get kicked all over the place..

Saying that, it's fun to be the defenders if you got a competent team, but I'll never switch, I enjoy the challenge of being with mentally handicapped individuals. :)

8. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Here are the weapon stats in chart form:

[​IMG]

Source

Enjoy! :D

Edit:
    Now i know why i'm rubbish with the sv 98. The bullet speed is atrocious for a bolt action rifle. The mk 11 is faster.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2011
  9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Nice find, that's why I like the M98b, you don't need to lead your targets as much which for me is easier even with it's gimped 5 round mag

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Fluidic, Allsopp and Marsey99 earlier are all Aria regulars, spying on us :worried:

11. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

You've already stolen Fluidic from us :waah: I'm going to message Deadbolt, remind him about our excursion to Manchester :idea:

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I might hop on, fear my sniper skills...Starting to get back into it again, but Skyrim keeps on calling me...D:

13. wyx087

well, it seems Aria's 16 player is already full. you can't have Deadbolt.

14. wyx087

might have missed a few. thread created. need more people!

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=2891184#post2891184

15. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

Is this after the recent patch? Scar looks a bit too high damage to me.

16. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I'm not really seeing your justification for this claim. The bolt-actions really are not supposed to be a CQC weapon - although I am aware that iron-sighting or using the RDS is both possible and fun!

You do not have the right to a kill just because you brought your leet bolt-action. You seem to have some confusion on this part. I accept the risks of sudden sniper death when I move in the open, you need to accept the risk of being torn apart by a hail of automatic fire when you come within 50m of a normal player (and the near-certainty of this when within 5m).

You are armed with a pistol almost entirely for CQC, use it.

CQC sniping has the advantage that it takes 2 bullets to kill max (on hardcore). It has the advantage of providing you with a motion sensor and a spawn beacon. It has the disadvantage that your rifle really cannot compare with any automatic weapon in CQC in terms of damage output.

Maybe you are right that everyone who complained about the IRNV was 'butthurt', though I disagree - the quality of the arguments against its current state was really quite high, but right now you seem more 'butthurt' than most ;)

17. marsey99

marsey99 if i cant fix it with my hammer....

so a couple of hundred cry babies on the forums is the majority in a game with about 5 million players? your logic of following the crowd instead of forming your own opinions is as flawed as your maths dude but if you do ever form an idea of your own i would be happy to hear it ;)

if people keep moaning about **** that they dont like it wont be long before there bf3 is a paint ball game or a free running sim. i know, lets nerf it all and make it a hide and seek sim.....

lets nerf the f2000 as its higher rate of fire is better than the other ar.

lets nerf the scar as its higher damage is better than all the other engie guns

lets nerf the m249 as its just too easy to hold fire and wiggle the mouse and get a squad wipe ribbons.

lets nerf the auto snipers, oh wait the did that already, lets nerf the bolt action snipers so they dot blow your back out at close quart..oh wait they did that already too.

QQ i dont like it it kills meh QQ

:duh:

edit

fyi the x12 is where its at, none of this x1 irnoobvision bs. i only use it when i play against nubs who cant see people with out it, that said i aint been on the cpc server in a few days...

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I am the only one who sees the arguments/comments you make as just a whole lotta fail? I mean this part

"You do not have the right to a kill just because you brought your leet bolt-action. " I was like OREALLY??? I'm gonna have to say that YEAH. I DO have the right to the kill THANKYOUVERYMUCH. If I or anyone else has the reaction times to get the shot off before someone else, with a full auto rifle, then bully for me. Granted I use my pistol most of the time when in cqc, but if I happen to get a shot off on someone close with a 8x scope at close range, or no scope them, then tyvm, I'll take my much deserved kill. Ktxbye.

19. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Play hardcore if you want OHK with the bolt-actions. You get vastly increased damage up close anyway, so pull out a pistol and finish them off. Or, you know, bring a weapon suited to your environment :p

You have the right to try and get the kill - a headshot will do it - but there is no sense in rewarding your stubborn adherence to a particular weapon class well outside its comfort zone.

20. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Heh, Fluidic's on our team though - surprisingly Aria has already reached the 16 player cap and we're only sitting around 10!