1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Worst Game You Own

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LeMaltor, 20 Oct 2011.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Goddamn Bad Company 2, for the "Counter Strike" effect that's grown up around it.

Trying to start playing now just leads to getting raped by the experienced playerbase. It's what's putting me off getting BF3, too.

The game itself is solid. It's just the lurning code gets you messed up faster than you get insulted on Xbox live in a Call of Duty game.

2. Crackdown_uk

Crackdown_uk What's a Dremel?

I've played some absolutely awful games over the years a large number of which are pretty irrelevant now so I'll go with something current; I picked up a game called Scratches in the Steam Halloween sale and its abysmal. There is no character control at all, favouring the fixed screen/picture format of Myst from yesteryear. This would be workable if it weren't for the atrocious graphics themselves, it really does look dire and completely lacking in atmosphere. Combine the above with convoluted controls, I spy item collection and ridiculous "puzzles".... Ugh. Worst game I've played in a long time, no doubt about it.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

So the game isn't bad then.

You should still play the game, BF3 is not an experience to miss out on and we have a very friendly server here!

4. ariel2420

ariel2420 What's a Dremel?

lol the worse one i i have its warcraft 2

5. PorridgeMonster

PorridgeMonster What's a Dremel?

Yes! Oh i just remembered i bought this game way back when it was released. I'm so surprised it was published by Bethesda but was the most tedious and boring games to start off I think ive ever played.

The learning curve was absolutely ridiculous and all i remember was going outside the city gates to die instantly by overpowered enemies lol.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Yep that was about my experience too.

I used to find such challenging difficulty motivating, now I just find it boring.

7. Xir

Xir Modder

I'll have to check...I'll get back to you :thumb:

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Yes! The name is sticking.

It's only getting more pronounced as the game's popularity slopes off, too. For a while (after it went on offer on Steam) there were tonnes of noobs flooding in, and the game was dynamic, fun and varied. People played all sorts of roles, experimented with different equipment, did unexpected things, messed around with vehicles. Now it's back, more and more, to aimbot impersonators with Barrett 50s and MG-42s.

Fortunately I recently remembered how amazing Morrowind is and am starting that again, so I don't have to worry myself with Bad Company 2's shitty playerbase.

9. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Need a Meme for FF7 guy......

Calls FF7 trash after 10 min......

Goes and plays Far cry 2.

I am a FF7 fan boy. And yes the unskipable Summons can get annoying, yes the english in the original version is bad. (Fixed with latter iterations)....and the graphics are completly trash.

But you dont play it for those things. The story, the characters, the extra stuff thatmakes you go wow (Materia system is still awesome). Moving the genre forward into what it is today. (Cant remember any other RPG with minigames at the time, now every RPG has some sort of minigame.)

10. digitalerr0r

digitalerr0r What's a Dremel?

ummm mw3 seriously its worse then mw2, blackops was good stable, elders scrolls can't play this there UI is so crap... compared to wow .. yes i played wow =P

11. ZiiP MicJules

ZiiP MicJules What's a Dremel?

One word BRINK - a game that promised much but failed to deliver.

12. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

I tried this in the steam free weekend simply to see if it really was that bad. It is, as it happens. It lacks any of the slick gameplay we were shown in the trailers. It's a clunky, badly optimised shambles of a good idea. Stay the **** away, seriously.

13. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Definitely agreed. I was going to pre-order too! Glad I didn't so tried it on the last F2P weekend Steam had for it.

14. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

WOW - what a bag of gash :p

15. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Ace Combat 6.

It in of itself isn't a bad game. Good storyline.

What sucks is the fact that the disk is defective *rageface*

And even attempting to use the 360's builtin (attempt at) "ripping" the disks proves it is the burn at fault.

What happens is when I hit level 15/16 (haven't played it in a while, I forget), it freezes on attempting to load the level.

Not a single scratch on the disk, read side OR data layer side.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2011
  16. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

wut?.. not a RTS fan? Warcraft 2 its awesome, how come you dont like it

17. WhiteKnight226

WhiteKnight226 Minimodder

BF3, bought it at launch, cant stand it. Flame away

18. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I wouldn't call it the worst game by any means, but I've not sunk much time into it. It's just not that compelling, and is slightly disappointing. My main issue with it is that essentially FPS games have not changed since BF2/COD4, and have not changed in basic playing style since CS, which means I'm now so incredibly bored of modern-set FPS games that follow the same old clichés and same old weapons, restrictions and so on that BF3 made quite literally no impression on me to carry on, so I went back to WoT, which is genuinely new (not many tank games have been done before, and not with the balance between depth and arcade that Wargaming have achieved) and different...

19. WhiteKnight226

WhiteKnight226 Minimodder

My view on it is that they put soooo much effort into trying to make it the best FPS ever and they went overboard with it. I also cant stand that when I want to launch they game, it opens up like 3 websites and I pick my options from there. What happened to just opening the game up?

20. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Total agree which is why I am looking forward to Tribes ascend.