1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

It still amazes me at how many people still don't understand or even know the concept of last hitting.

I was playing bot lane Carry one game and had a Leona as Support who kept trying to push the lane.

When i told her to back off, she just replied along the lines of "Do you really want to be stuck near your tower all game?".

The simple answer to that is "Yes". Damn straight i do.

Sometimes i wonder whether or not people at my ELO are still that stupid... or i'm depressed that i've somehow gotten myself into a terrible ELO.

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Chill mate :p

Play some troll characters for a bit and have a laugh :)

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'm starting to get really burnt out with the game. Me and 2 friends will play 1 game and it'll be fine, than the 2nd or third will just go downhill. We have all agreed we need to find something new to play, there just isnt anything that all 3 of us really would all enjoy playing. We play less often, and when we do play we all get frustrated and end up quiting after a game. We refuse to rage quit though for the sake of the other players.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Been playing LoL again recently (got so fed up with HoN) And am really, really liking gangplank. Itemwise I've been building mostly for crit, usually supplemented with something that has an on hit effects (varies depending on who i'm against) as then his parrley crits do insane amounts of damage. Finishing fleeing opponents off with cannon barrage never gets old.

5. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

Gangplank is pants-on-head retarded. Can have ridiculous burst on his parrrley, global ult, AoE buff and that ****ing "I ate some oranges and it was k" spell. One of the hardest carries in the game, and far too hard to shut down imo.

6. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Picked up Chogath yesterday. Not sure why I've not played with him much before, he's hella fun. Silence/Spikes/Feast is one of the most satisfying combos ever *OMNOMNOM*. We had a Poppy against us one game, and I swear she was waiting for me to attempt to Feast on her before using her ult to lol at me. Oh well.

I know we were talking about AD v AP Sion, and this isn't intended to spark up the debate again, however there was a Sion on the other team yesterday who had built Bezerkers Greaves and a Phantom Dancer, and I couldn't believe how much damage he was outputting. I can only assume he had maxed out Enrage, but it was ridiculous.

7. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

8. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Feast still triggers on Poppy, and does no damage.

Overly farmed Nasuses (Nasi?) scare me. A lot. *shudder*

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

How lame.

I guess it's because the ability is classed as being buffered in and as such, doesn't cancel.

Normally her Ult should make her untargetable to anyone else but the target.

I was being a bit of a dick that game.

We were doing rather well (and they had a mid game dc) so they were winning the 4v4 teamfights rather nicely during the mid game.

As such, i just assumed they could hold their own and kept farming top/bot/jungle whenever i could.

There seemed to be a turning point however when they could no longer rely on our Kennen's ability to facecheck, get caught and Ult to start a teamfight and they started losing.

It was at that point they started shouting at me and i reluctantly had to go win the subsequent few teamfights and win the game.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

11. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Those dance videos are great!

Going to shamelessly plug our Youtube channel. There hasn't been much on there for a while, but we are planning on putting more content on it soon.

12. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

So with the new champion rotation I played Riven a couple of times last night and she seems good fun. I like how her passive means you need to pace her abilities out properly, rather than just spamming them because there are no mana costs. Her ability to get around the map with her combo attack and her shield charge are pretty cool, though they don't do much to get you out of a fight unless you can create a gap first.

One mechanic with her abilities that I think should be used more often with other champions is that her dash/combo will go in the direction of your mouse, rather than the way she is running. This is far less clunky then champions with similar abilities; like Nidalee's pounce.

I don't like how the attack on her ult is detached from her. Riot are really inconsistent with skillshots like this. Some abilities, like Ashe's Volley and all of Ezreal's abilities, will automatically cast from where you are stood. Other abilities like Riven's ultimate and Mordekaiser's siphon of destruction will make your champion run to where your mouse is and then cast the ability. I can't see any reason for why some are one way, and some are the other. Personally I prefer the former, I know the range of my abilities, if I'm clicking in a direction just cast the damn skill and if I'm out of range more fool me, don't make my champion run forward, then cast the ability, by which time the enemy champion has moved and I look like a tit.

13. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I've also been playing Riven.

At first i found her a little off, but now am winning quite a few games with her.

Like you said, it's nice that she's quite combo dependent and the skill cap on her is higher.

Not sure if i prefer her or Shyvana though, both have quite a nice Tanky DPS ability set with a higher than normal skill cap.

Riven's ability set is a bit better i feel, but Shyvana's just a bit more fun... turning into a Dragon and mauling someone's face off is always gratifying.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

15. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

lol, delayed Penta... nice =].

16. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Hello fellow Erm....lolers? What do you guys reckon of the Xmas reskin of summoners rift?

17. mansueto

I like the christmas re-skin, though the game is becoming more and more frustrating to play. It seems any game I do well on I have a terrible team and lose, or any time I have a decent team I seem to fail hard. I think I need a break.

18. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Likewise, I know what you mean, I don't even play ranked anymore unless I have full team, its just too painful watching your other lanes either feed or having a dire jungler if your mid or solo top. Nor will I play new champs for about a month after they come out as I can't be bothered with the series of nerfs they tend to go through just after release. Still addicted though and having one great game out balances a couple of bad ones.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2011
  19. mansueto

I really dislike what they did with the jungle. I used to play ww jungle in ranked and I've played him in a few normal games and i find it is far too easy / fast to clear all the jungle, and it gives less xp and gold. I used to be able to keep up with the duo lanes as a jungler, now I can't. I liked it before where not everyone and their sister could do it, you needed certain heroes or runes and masteries to benefit from it. I've seen the most random people jungling for no reason at all, especially when they are ranged and would benefit from being in a lane / harrassing more.

20. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I find it to be a mixed bag. For certain champions the Jungle is actually faster than it used to be. Currrently viable jungler champions from the old jungle who used aoes seem to be getting the best deal, and an Udyr can actually max his item build in 20ish minutes of jungling (nonstop, without even appearing in a lane).

I like the idea of having a cache on jungle creeps, so that you aren't punished too much for going out of the jungle to try and get a gank on, however in reality the time it takes for the xp/gold to start increasing is too long, so this only really benefits bad junglers who camp lanes.

I tried the jungle recently with Trundle, and it does definitely feel like playing with easy mode turned on. I can run through the jungle killing every camp, finishing on the red buff and have full health and ~90% mana, using just a vampiric scepter. In the old jungle I'd be on around 40% health and little to no mana.

The most annoying thing is, as you say, bad junglers getting away with jungling game after game, without realising just how influential their bad play is on the team. We played a game with a jungling Talon, who would appear in the river bush every now and then, but decide against actually ganking, regardless of whether we would initiate or wait for him to initiate. He then proceeded to jungle for most of the rest of the game, and we would get deaths in the side lanes because their jungler was doing his job. just as the laning phase ends he pipes up in all chat 'our side lanes suck, they've been feeding all game'. Rage. :wallbash: