1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Raising the Canals flight ceiling will be in the patch tomorrow (yay).

Last edited: 5 Dec 2011
  2. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

I was on last night and AA was used against infantry as i died several times due to it and was unable to capture flag. on seine crossing earlier in day blatant base rape was going on, also caught 2 people sitting on a runway shooting at planes then repairing it.

I think best practice would be to follow what other servers do and post little rules every 3-5mins stating what you can and cant do.

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Need clarification on the following situation:

Caspian started up last night, and at the very beginning I flew the jet towards the other base. Was about to start shooting rockets at the tanks rolling in but wasn't sure if this was 'base raping' or 'attacking spawn points'. I ended up going for the enemy jets as I figured this is fair target.

The way I see it, both teams on equal footing at this stage (right at the beginning) and the enemy jets can do the exact same.

Any thoughts?

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

+1 on better positioning of the AA.

they can be destroyed. AMTRAK takes 4 to 5 C4 i think, these AA take over 6 C4's.

good idea. will implement that tonight.

well, i tend to avoid shooting tanks or chopper and go for jet as you said. that's just me like to engage in dogfights. attacking them as they come out of base in first minute should be fine. since as you said, everyone's on equal footing.

5. Odini

Odini What's a Dremel?

I believe so, although I think that the position is the main problem so I don't think that it will have much effect.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

They will have stats reset to zero, they are doing this to everyone who does this kind of stuff (squad TK+revive, damage own items+repair all over,...).

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The only way to have thier stats reset is to report them and have proof that they are donig it i.e a video of them.

Hmm which reminds me need to setup FRAPs to record some games as a test run xD

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

9. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I was on foot wyx :sigh:

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Huzaah, patch notes for PC patch tomorrow! Linky..

IRNV getting a nerf (is it same as PS3 nerf?) and the tac light that was to be expected. As well as the green screen flashes bug.

Looks to be a tasty patch but 2gb because of the back to karkand data (alot of it anyway) being included.

11. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Yeah, this is infuriating at times, and I do try and type in chat asking for an engineer gunner in my tank but I've found that the only time it happens is when it's a fellow CPC member or a very good randomer.

Yesterday I was playing Seine Crossing, and despite the fact that I was in a tank (scoring around 22-1) I spent the entire 15-25 mins without a gunner at all, let alone an engineer due to the fact no-one from CPC/ATID was on. 4llsopp and a couple other people joined off me and were on the other team, and were party to my anguish over the lack of repair ability for my team. Still won though! :hehe:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8636507/1/297021116/

Last edited: 5 Dec 2011
  12. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

hehe bet it didnt help me jumping in for a lift either lol ^ was a good few games last night, think quite a few members have my tags now but deadbolt still in the lead with the most.

13. nchhabs

That was Damavand Peak iirc - that was a hilarious game - Fluidic and I were in our respective Z11 little birds and attempted to fly them through the tunnels and have chopper fights. I ended up getting in the tank as usual though. :clap:

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

One thing I'd like to see boosted is the transport heli's. As in, the points you get from flying them, so far you get no points for people spawning on it and you taking them over to the battlefield, get next to bugger all points for the passenger kills. It just doesn't seem worth it, yet I love to fly them and help the team out.

I'd like them put the points for transport heli's as follows:
    10 Points for someone spawning in the heli
    60 Points for the passenger kill assist

It'd make people use the chopper more, which in turn would provide more points. Might even stop people from just flying off with themselves in it and then ditching it straight away.

15. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Yeah I agree, the number of times I've gotten into a chopper only for the sniper to ditch it cos they want to get to a position is just :rolleyes:

I guess the next time you're piloting one you could try to just resort to this:

:hehe:

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Yeah, see I'd just get a little to carried away with that and potentially barrel roll into the abyss.

What would a pretty cool addition would be Chinooks, and allow them to pick up tanks etc and move them about.

17. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

The original bf:nam allowed you to do that with the 'copters.

18. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Yeah, I remember, brilliant fun picking up a tank and dropping it in the middle of a flag point!

19. nchhabs

Nice, would be awesome if they could implement that in BF3.

20. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Don't worry, sometimes some people think they're better than everyone else, just stick at playing the game and you should pick it up in no time ;D