1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

HUZZAH!

Patch-NOTES looks wonderful. Flashlight fixed. INVR fixed. TUGS fixed. MAV got more range (tho i still want the MAV vs Mortar solution), FRAG toned down. more balancing and stabilizing all around?

Jizztastic.

but whats with reducing the effectiveness of spec-op camo? :( i just unlocked it..............

Last edited: 5 Dec 2011
  2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

is the patch live now?

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I think I played about 5hours of BF3 in a month in a half. I don't know why but I just don't get into it for some reason.

I blame LoL for that

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Checked Origin for update and nothing came through. Maybe it has been roled out fully yet?

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

It's out tomorrow. I think R3dbeaver was simply stating that he had looked at the changelog.

The list is certainly impressive though.

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

yes thats what i meant LOL was away for weekend and just saw the patch notes...... :D

7. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I should really know by now, but how do i talk to the team on the right??

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

All: J
    Team: K
    Squad: L

9. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

thanks

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'd certainly rather see someone in the base AA than having it empty. Provides a safe haven for friendly air vehicles to limp back to and prevents base rape.

Then again, I try to play on servers without base rape rules so there's a higher chance of air being in your base than on something like the CPC server.

I didn't either, never seen a damage indicator when firing at it and never had it get hurt when inside of it.

DICE aren't exactly the brightest when it comes to map design. A lot of maps have one base which is better positioned than the other. On Kharg the US team again has slightly better placement when it comes to AA (and RU has a goofy jet runway). Metro tends to favor the team that starts outside the tunnels (RU?) in that they almost always get B first leaving the other team in a literal uphill battle. At least with maps balance issues aren't so bad since most servers let each team play each side before rotating.

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

12. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Strange man :p
    I wuv the AEK with the Russian Holo/Silencer/Grip, not as good as the Famas, but feel a strange attraction towards it :worried:

13. Ciber

Ciber Minimodder

I'm actually an OK gunner. It was becuase I wasn't repairing the tank. Which was because I was not in engineer kit at the time. I just saw an empty gunner seat and hopped in. Not particularly leet but I resented getting admin-killed for it.

Previously to that I was on the BT CPC server and I saw some very poor behaviour then as well so I doubt I will visit again.

In fact I have feature requested the ability to block servers like that from the server browser so that I can avoid joining them again.

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Metro Conquest would be so easy to solve by simply adding another cap below the escalators.

That way the US team would be on a more even footing. You have to have a very good team (or a crap opposing team) to make a push through as the US on that map.

On a side note I have just reinstalled BF2 and had a quick go on Karkland in singleplayer*. On Expert difficulty it is pretty unforgiving. Took me by suprise TBH given I have now got used to BF3 online.

*Couldn't get on any server for whatever reason, too tired to try to figure that out at the moment.

17. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Here's a thought, has anyone witnessed or engaged in a tactical withdrawal?

18. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

Na all guns and glory at end of day, once ive got my gun out there aint no stopping me rofl

19. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I was wondering why the mortar needs such a strong nerf. It seems just right if you ask me. It takes 2 rounds to get a kill. Only a fool would stay in the same spot after being mortared.

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

What ? I kill the mortar noobs with 1 mortar shot all the time. You just need to aim correctly, and you kill him instantly.