1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Does the Origin client need to be restarted to trigger the patch download? I left it open before I left the house in the hopes it'll just download it when it's available :confused:

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Today it updated automatically for me, but last time i had to click on "Repair install" to force the update.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Currently no issues here, over 60% complete in a matter of minutes xD

Sometimes I just dont know why people have all these problems when others dont.

4. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Yeah it started for me automatically this time, took me a few mins to realise why my net connection was running so slowly.

In several games yesterday there were people blatantly hacking, i've suspected a few people of possible hacking before but always just given them the benefit of the doubt and that they were really just good players, but yesterday some guy knife killed me despite being about 1500m away from me while we were both in in our uncaps. Another guy was getting 500M+ pistol shingle shot kills and a third player had 75 kills/0 deaths in a 15 min round, 100% accuracy with the m16 and bragging about his hacks.. I hope this isn't a trend.

I've also noticed the hit detection in this game sucks complete arse, me and a buddy were testing it out last night and it seems he game doesn't register a lot of hits that come in quick succession and then registers a lot of them late. Where the sights of the gun are and wear the bullets land, even at close range, seem to also bare little correlation.

I'm not sure if these issues are due to the fact that they're insisting on keeping the PC/Console games parallel instead of munch more sensibly in my opinion, letting them diverge or if the game/netcode just sucks.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Updating for me too, very slow though.

6. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I've noticed a few of the same problems. I haven't had as much trouble with hackers (1 game out of ~160) but the netcode is really bad. I've had kills that I don't think I should have had (at least not from what I saw on the screen) and been killed a half second after I duck behind cover numerous times.

Hacks are just something you have to accept in a popular FPS, some people are seriously strange in their head and you just have to hope something very bad happens/has happened to them.

7. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

just played 2 rounds with the new patch. Two thumbs up. IRNV nerf is just right, more like the beta than the ps3 videos. Chat box is now in the upper left, press H to cycle modes (always on, pop up, hide) and you can see pings on the scoreboard (but not your own :( ).

Still took me 5 tries to load a game, so that's still broken (where as it was 100% ok for me on launch day) but all in all it just feels like they need to fix the bug where you end up back at spawn if you spawn on someone who dies/cap point lost and add Voip. and some tweaks to the netcode/hit detection and i'll be a happy camper.

Edit: and make the interface 100% less crap and PC friendly :)

wyx087 likes this.
  8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I haven't played a round with the patch installed yet, but will later today! Noticed at times the game thinks it can bend bullets around corners!

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

thanks, Neat, really looking forward to use of H to toggle chat box. i often resorted to saying " " to squad to bring up chat box to see recent chat histories. IMHO it should just stay on screen permanently.

+1 on more user friendly PC interface. like why do we need to press 3 button just to get to vehicle spec choosing page? and why must they be cycled through instead of drop-down/pop-up boxes?

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

11. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Pretty:p

12. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Great speeds :D

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

STUNNING!

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Seems like they changed the netcode or hitboxes as well, because what would have been a nice kill before doesn't even count as a hit now in some cases. But we will adapt i guess :D.

15. Ciber

Ciber Minimodder

I can't remember exactly but it was annoying and made me leave the server.

16. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Been playing since servers came up and it seems to be a lot more enjoyable imo with the tac light and irnv nerf. Some nice changes to battlelog at the top so you can go directly to stats, dogtags etc etc.

Haven't had a single 'battlefield 3 stopped working' problem trying to load into a game and I got 1 practically every first join previously. However, still have the 'disconnected from EA online' problem once or twice.

Gotta get used to mines disappearing now as well.. Was used to mining everything but now you need to be more strategic and forward (this life only) thinking. That's fine imo.

Will update if I think of anything else.

17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

You know what I like about BF3 gameplay trailers?

They cherry-pick the scenes and moments to make for an exciting trailer, but the trailers rarely show anything that wouldn't (or couldn't) happen in a typical BF3 match.

Things like that very last clip where the jet takes out the chopper chasing the engineer firing rockets from the back of a moving boat - These things happen in the game. We witness them often.

I think it says something about the game when a trailer doesn't need to be faked or over-edited to show the game off.

Digi likes this.
  18. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

QFT.

That and the triple roadkill in the jeep!

19. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Didn't realise they made some changes to battlelog as well. Anybody played on an Antarctica server yet?

Last edited: 6 Dec 2011
  20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

50 seconds in..... FORKLIFT TRUCK RAMPAGE! :D:rock: