1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

You can say that about any trailer, games or film. They're done in a way to give you a brief idea of the content and to get your attention.

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Haha no, but I bet their PC's oveclock well :)

Great to hear the AN-94 gets a buff. Never ever played Wake properly before as I couldn't fly, but now I can! Bring on WAKE!

3. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

No offence meant mate, but it does sound a bit vague, the vast majority of people have no issues playing on the CPC server. If you want to give it another go, feel free to pop on Mumble and you'll likely have a lot more fun. ;) Further, the main thread for the CPC server is here if you want to check out how to set up Mumble - we usually have 10-15 people on every night: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219710

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

also, if you have any complains, please post in that thread, and link a Battle Report would be wonderful.

5. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

I played on the CPC server on Saturday during the day and it was horrible....

I got pwned loads and ended up rage quitting :)

6. nchhabs

Haha, were you on the wrong end of Deadbolt's USAS? :p

7. wyx087

yeah, standard is raising on the CPC server. i could go over 2 K/D and near the top in most other servers but could barely get 1 on CPC server.

still more fun killing and knifing people i know though. got killed by EOD bot last night :(

8. nchhabs

I was in the tank on Damavand Peak Conquest and would constantly see a couple EOD bots attempting to sneak up on me or other players. Apparently you can't crush an EOD bot with a tank?! Every time I ran over one it never blew up, had to hit it with the canister shell/tank shell.

9. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

Sweet! just noticed they've brought back the mp5, glad they've added ability to use forklifts again. I feel some mini games of stack the c4 and demolition derbys coming up hehe

10. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I can't wait to use a forklift :).

11. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Can't remember who was playing, it was on Op-Firestorm, enemy team had 2 great jet pilots and a good chopper pilot, couldn't get a tank out the base without it being destroyed etc. Lately I've been managing ~1.5k/dr, that round I went 6-15.. Definitely a higher standard of competition.

12. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Does the MAW kill work? I tried it and could not get any kills....

13. wyx087

after each round, the teams are balanced based on player's scores. so worth sticking around for next round and try your luck to see if you get pared with good players :thumb:

i managed to get a single kill with it, after many tries. :D it's doable, just need to hit people at high speed.

14. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Assignments for B2K Unlocks:

All fine apart from, Win 5 Rounds of squad deathmatch.. noooooo

Edit: also 50 AT kills, sigh, I have 25 after 55 hours of playtime as I only use them against vehicles

Last edited: 6 Dec 2011
  15. wyx087

20 Kills with Grenadelauncher
    Win 5 Rounds of squad deathmatch
    ^^ will be annoying to get. it's a shame to see they promote the noobtube rather than the a lot more useful smoke screen.

no requirement for bulldozer kills? :lol:

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Why? I don't want to play SQD DM or use Soflam or..... I just want them as unlocks without strings

17. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Not sure if it's 'cos I moved to Denmark but CPC server is just 'off' for me and always has been. It's just that feeling you get after having played shooters for over 12 years. It's odd. Last time I was on though I came near top but killing people is odd.. :worried:

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

:eeek:

that's all i can say.

now seriously. who in their right mind wanna play the original 9 maps once this is out?

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Imo it's a shame the second and more difficult unlock comes from the combative side of the class. The FAMAS is an absolute joke to unlock, even compared to the other first tier unlocks. 10 heals and 10 revives? One round of normal play. I'd like to see people forced to really work to help their team with heals and revives to get the juicy kit.

20. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

The B2K maps are awesome! :D

Seen quite a few people with these new "Assignment" weapons. Got killed by a few with the Famas already, though I'm struggling to get all 10 revives in 1 round if my team is decent.