1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The old CPC and Bit-tech Battlefield 3 server by MPUK

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 2 Nov 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Anyone know how to look at older battle reports? I remember a Tehran Highway game where someone drove up to the enemy spawn in a tank (not sure whether it was that player or not).

Wyx, for clarification, if they're in a tank then they are allowed outside enemy spawn firing in, but if it's an air vehicle then it's not allowed? (cf. the main thread)

Also, looking forward to the patch tomorrow, min players goes back down to sensible levels so should be a lot easier to get the server going!

Last edited: 5 Dec 2011
  3. nchhabs

Woot, new patch is out and installed. Does this mean we can lower the starting player limit back to 1? :D

4. wyx087

already done :) (at least i changed it on Multiplay, and ProCon reads it as 1)

idle map, as always, will be Kharg island for air vehicle practising.

not all plugin have been enabled though, i will come on the server tonight and enable them one by one. hopefully won't be any compatibility issues.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Will be coming shortly, just doing some stuff organising my room a little, it's a mess lol

Can't wait till January get the bigger room as my sister/her fella and my neice move into thier own place lol

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Gotta say guys last night's matches were pretty fun but could do without the Rush maps to be honest! Conquest Cheesecake :p

7. nchhabs

The Damavand Peak rush map was great because both sides had vehicles, but the Caspian Border third tier seemed a bit one sided to me, but that may be because I had nfi what was happening. Might need to play a bit more rush to get my head around how the maps change/tactics change - especially if we're going to have 2 rush rounds against ATID. Then again, if we pick a Rush map that has tanks... :hehe:

8. wyx087

it was by popular request on mumble. don't worry, it's primarily a conquest server. in the future, if people ask for Rush, we'll limit it to 1 map (2 rounds) per night.

9. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

True, Damavand is fun provided the attackers don't just sniper all the time in the hills - I think that's what usually puts me off the map the most on other servers. As for Caspian well, I had more fun being one of your Huey gunners tbh :p

No worries, happy to play Rush if it's the popular vote :) What's the general consensus on Metro for Rush? It's not bad from Stage 2 onwards.

10. nchhabs

Hahaha, yeah that was a lot of fun! I remember Wyx's frustration over the fact our chopper refused to go down - I think we took out Lassar's jet a few times as well. Storm was doing great on repairs as well - kept us alive for the entire duration of the round.

@Wyx, just realised now that we've got a reminder text every few mins on the server, perhaps we could also have one with the Mumble details? Might amp numbers even more in the channel and encourage people who don't read the forums to hop on.

Last edited: 6 Dec 2011
  11. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

No, if it works this would be the best thing ever.

13. wyx087

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Rogz, any ideas about how we go about installing this?

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Thanks for the few games tonight guys. Server seemed to be performing better than previously for me and the unusual lag feeling was gone so I could hit everybody and ended up in a squad with Deadbolt that went very well and ended up 2nd or so. Now just to get on Mumble.. After playing on the CS:S server for at least 2-3 years it would be nice to put voices to names!

16. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It needs a working mumble configuration, and then you can run the app from anywhere.

17. wyx087

18. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I think they've chosen to discard old battle reports, I've been inactive for ~2 weeks and none of them could be found. Looks like you'll have to deal with anything ricky tick in the future.

19. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Good job Wyx, doing better than me. I gave up at the Ice bit.

20. nchhabs

I think if you have shell access to the gameserver you need to install the IcePHP extension and then configure it to talk to murmur. I think you'd need to have root access to install this though.