1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Roccat Isku Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 10 Dec 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. RobJapan

RobJapan What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the reviews as always, but as a side note at the end could you give us a keyboard/mouse/motherboard that you actually DO recommend when the review is of a poor product.

For example, in this review the last line would be something like.

"With this keyboard being a total stinker, we continue to recommend the (insert keyboard name here)"

Just a thought!

Merry Christmas!

3. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Brilliant idea :)

4. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

$120 USD for a keyboard that isn't even mechanical? Scandalous. Why anyone would buy that thing at this price is beyond me.

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I usually just buy whatever keyboard I can find at walmart for $15 u.s.

I mean I can understand paying a premium for a good mouse, but what's the point in a fancy keyboard?

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Is that a troll comment? You pay good money for a decent mechanical keyboard, it makes a vast difference to the quality of your typing.

7. shuffle

shuffle What's a Dremel?

Microsoft Sidewinder x4 - job done.. great keyboard

8. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

+1 for the sidewinder

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Fixed that.

Keyboards (the look and typing feel) are completely subjective. Some might love mechanical keyboards, others not so much.

10. Kasvain

Kasvain What's a Dremel?

hmm

Last edited: 10 Dec 2011
  11. Kasvain

Kasvain What's a Dremel?

"Isku" is a word from finnish language and it means "impact" or "shock". I have to say that is very appropriate name for a keyboard, especially if you lose often a game.

12. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

my god it looks like they took Razer's design and added pointless other things and fugilfied it.

13. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

It's disappointing that so many peripheral manufacturers seem to think that they can get away with labelling unexceptional or even low quality products as 'gaming gear', adding a gimmicky and not particularly functional new feature and some pretty lighting to justify the premium price.

That said, I do like the striking blue backlight :D
    It's just a shame the rest of the keyboard is so unexceptional...

14. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Buying a new keyboard tomorrow, do people recommend the Razer Blackwidow?

15. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

It's a great mechanical keyboard, but aimed towards gaming. Looks good, has good drivers, macro keys are nice, but if you want a straight-up keyboard I still think the Das Keyboard is probably the best all-around one you can buy.

16. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

"This meant an extra key press every time we took a break from our PC."

Oh! the hardship of it. lol.

17. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Someone is lazy at BT.

I have my eyes set on this keyboard for a while since it combines the best of Valo and Arvo. Had a Valo but so many options and some construction flaws made me get rid of it. So Isku or Arvo for me.
    The light for me is ok since I'm a touch typist (shame of you not being), all I have to do is take what you said regarding the quality and responsiveness and test. If I deem it you're wrong about that, I'll keep it, if not, I will come back and stand beside your review and return it for another one.

I guess mechanical keyboards (haven't tried one yet) is blurring your judgement on non-mechanical ones

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Even as one of the converted I'd agree with this. I'm no better at typing after buying a mechanical keyboard. SteelSeries really bugged me with their website because they claim that their mechanical boards will "make you a better typist". It's just different key technologies, they're still in almost exactly the same locations and furthermore the whole "2mm to activate" thing doesn't make that big of a difference in keypress speed.

What certainly is evident is the smooth and crisp stroke and activation of mechanical switches compared to the mushy and vague presses on cheap rubber domes. While this is technically subjective you'll be hard pressed to find people who legitimately prefer rubber domes once they've tried a switch that fits their tastes.

Thought this was a Razer product upon seeing the picture, a little surprised to read the title!

Never used it myself but it's often recommended as good way to try out a mechanical board. It's got a lot of the gaming features and stylings of rubber dome boards which many mechanicals lack.

You might also want to consider the Black Widow Stealth, it uses different switches for its keys which you may prefer. The regular BW uses Cherry MX Blues, moderate resistance and a noticable "click" when pressing so you can hear and feel when it's activating. The Stealth uses Browns, slightly less resistance, no click and only a slight "bump" feel when pressing.

You say that now, but actually imagine it! Seems obnoxious.

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

As a recent convert to mechanicals, I'd no longer want to pay anywhere near that much for that kinda keyboard.

On the black widow front, it's probably a good way to get into mech keyboards since it still has a lot of the looks and features of normal 'gaming keyboards'.
    I'm currently using a Ducky 1087 with blues and I love it, already fallen in love with the sound and am looking at picking up another keyboard for my other PC :D (although will probably try other switches, maybe browns)

20. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Try moving to Aus then. I'm still totally lost!

Tags: Add Tags