1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, I'd be well up for that! Get the Karkand Maps involved too!

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The punish system is a PITA. I was storming along in a APC, guys runs out in front of me, gets squashed, 30 seconds later punished and the APC coasts into the enemy check point. I spawned in Grand Bazar last night, took three steps forward had what looked like lag then got catapulted throw the air at high speed and died. One of my squad said I just flew through the air for no reason. :hehe:

NaloaC upset somebody last night who had a total nerd rage meltdown.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Bahahah. Love it! Do tell.

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Or play on a administered server with rules that are moderated!

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Ah the rage meltdown was on Noshahr Canals.

Hopped in the littlebird, had guided missiles to counteract the Tunguska, but for whatever reason I simply could not get a lock without being stupidly close to the damn thing (note to self - take laser painter). SOFLAM on the Russian building inside the spawn, I was lased and Javelin'd.

Pop went the Littlebird and the 3 people in with me. The 2 Norwegians decide to absolutely mental and hurling obscenities and TK me in the spawn. Subsequently they were not seen again.

S**t happens, try not to throw the toys out of the pram.

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I tried to join, but I just kept getting kicked by an admin

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Additionally, the punish system is variable, but it does appear that people are all too keen to punish without even giving the other person a change to say sorry.

Lost count of the amount of times that someone has TK'd somehow and immediately apologised, but not fast enough as people just type as soon as they can to punish them, see the apology and either for "f*** you noob" or "oh, I'm sorry, didn't see the apology..."

Take a breath people! Far too many people seem to get wound up in this game, it's rather odd.

8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Stupid update stopping me playing.

9. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Played on Strike at Karkand, it may have 7 flags but it's absolutely tiny.

Meh, was expecting more. When I get over mah disappointment I'll go try the others l

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

It's.... live! But I am stuck at work nooooooooo plus so many servers with queues arggggg :p

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Rogan, do you mind putting B2K maps into CPC server rotation please? nevermind, just done it, while waiting to go to the airport.

im away until new year :(

Last edited: 13 Dec 2011
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Quick question, is there a preferred class to start off with while you learn maps or is it just a case of getting suited and booted and 'hooah'?

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Assault might be your best bet to start off. Mainly because you can at least keep yourself alive with medkits (need to unlock them though).

Best way to learn the maps is to get in a squad and stick with them. You'll learn the layouts in no time.

Depending on what flavour you prefer, CPC/Bit-Tech have the normal server and ZiiP have a good regular crowd from here on our hardcore server. Join either one and try to get on either mumble or teamspeak respectively and join in with banter, it makes all the difference I think.

14. adidan

Thank you kindly. :thumb:

These are the sort of questions I'm having to resort to having only come from a CoD MP background. :rolleyes:

BF seems more appealing as you can actually use vehicles and you don't spend all day trying to shoot at people jumping around like kangaroos. :D

15. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

I have seen a few people completely lose the plot over the slightest thing in this game. I find asking them to calm down in the most patronising way possible helps. :sigh:

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

No worries at all. If you want the teamspeak details for ZiiP, go via the links in mine, Ph4lanx' or Mars-bar-Mans signatures and everything is there. Feel free to join in any time.

It is annoying how quick people are to start yelling at you for no reason whatsoever. Especially if they are actually the ones at "fault", such as running out in front of a tank when it's driving. Just relax and enjoy.

I would like to ask people to give others a chance to at least apologise on our server before 'punishing' them. It is not an instant kill on ours, merely a count. 10 punishes for TK's kick (though if you're TKing that much, especially deliberately, admin will usually kick before that).

17. adidan

Thanks, MBM pointed me to his sig as well.

TBH in the past half of the things I've found funny have either been the accidental kills or the reactions to the accidental kill.

It's one of the joys of MP.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Exactly! It's hilarious how some things can go just spectacularly wrong! I tried to give someone some ammo the other evening and scrolled too quickly on the mouse wheel and ended up hurling C4 at them and detonating it!

Or, the instances where you ruin things for yourself so brilliantly, it must be genius. C4 incident again, ran up to a moving tank, slapped C4 on it's arse, 1 fell short, ran away from the tank detonated the C4 just as I was above my own satchel and sent myself flying across the map.... at least i got the tank :D

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I was sitting on top of your AAA on canals last night like a boss then you reversed and I got catapulted off than you drove over the top of me. :D :clap:

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Yeah, sorry about that.

I fired up Karkand this morning, trying the LMG assignment. Spawned in, fired the mortar in wishful thinking somewhere random.... Quintuple kill :D

Then the game crashed.... :p
    Typical.

Karkand looks stunning!