1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Karkand

Great destruction, maps feel a little small, can be sniper heaven i suppose.

hoping to get a few games going again tonight

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

not my fault it releases midnight and i had to work ;)

plus, wife is expecting now so i gotta work double around the house!
    im planning to work on Assault service star, but looks like im gonna have fun with support and recon again :D

http://battlefieldo.com/back-to-karkand-screenshot-beauty/

screenies look awesome. Oman looks like a big map. love the huge buildings in Sharqi.

actually, sharqie and oman looks more interesting than karkand or wave from the looks of it.... true urban map.:rock: there are none with the original 9 maps.:duh:

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

It would be great if you could take down the tower blocks with enough C4. I would like to be able to take out the crane on OP Firestorm.

4. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

I remember you saying, good luck.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2011
  5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Ugh, beginning to really dislike this game. People appear to just bitch about everything now, Recon Class? Bitch bitch bitch, Assault? Same, Engineer? Same.

Plus the constant spawn raping on pretty much any server I go on now has really taken all the fun out of it.

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Reading around it seems that they've ported the original controls for the F-35 over to B2K? That's a bit disappointing. Surely they could have taken this opportunity to have a rethink and just set the VTOL mode as a toggle rather than activating when you slow down à la BF2 :blah:

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Bitching about the bitching?

Haven't had any of that since the patch, game seems perfectly balanced and have heard v.little complaints. Love the game!

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

So by going with what your stating, shall we never say anything bad? Sounds like a fun place to be.

9. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

Really?! In my 25 hours on MP play so far I have not once experienced any sort of spawn rape, which is a 1st for a battlefield game. Do you get that on any maps/modes in particular? I always avoid Op Metro and v.rarely play rush.

10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Just seems every few maps on servers there's always a group of people who are determined to sit in your spawn with a tank or a LAV. I'm just over 52 hours and it's pretty much every time I hop on. Really taking the fun out of it.

An example would be on Oman on rush earlier. We're defending, so there's going to be a certain, acceptable amount of spawn rape given the closeness of the mComs to our spawn, but when some **** in the AMTRAK deliberately drives past the mComs right into our spawn numerous times it begins to piss me off. Similar has happened to me on Grand Bazzar.

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Has origin/EA gone down?

Just tried to connect, and it wouldn't work, then Origin login came up saying it had lost connection. Entered my password and it told me it was incorrect.

Battlelog was still working, but I've just tried to log into the main EA site, and its just stuck not doing anything.
    Anyone else got any problems?

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

All I can say is, you must be going on the wrong servers. I always game on adminned servers and NEVER have any issues.

13. mkb

mkb Minimodder

same here Cerberus90 :( won't let me login.

EDIT:

"NOTICE We are performing maintenance on the game in general at the moment. We will keep you updated on the progress."

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I did see there was a banner on battlelog talking about maintenance on PC and xbox today, but it was in CEST time so I have no idea when that is in GMT.

Think it was 10 CEST, can't remember if it was AM or PM. Suppose it could be that, although I would have thought it would be maintenance for B2K, so would have been earlier in the day?

15. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

It was 10-11 CET, which is 9-10 UTC. (iirc)

16. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

NOTICE We are performing maintenance on the game in general at the moment. We will keep you updated on the progress.

ooh think they forgot to put a 50p in the meter

17. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

Sorry to hear, mate. I would expect that would definitely dampen your gaming experience, which is a shame. As suggested already I would try checking out fully admined servers. Examples of such would be Aggressive and noobgroup.com. They tend to have fixed rules such as no camping and no attacking uncapable points, warnings and then bans for multiple offenders.

Edit: noobgroup details can be found here: forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1449119-noobgroup-com-community-servers.html

Aggressive here: forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1444129-aggressive-gameplay-net-ea-uk-forum-community.html

18. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

currently there is a WORLD WIDE problem with logging into origin... argh! just when the DLC was launched... boohoo

EDIT: sorry... didn't read the earlier posts... so its an update thing... i was too upset with the disappointment that it fogged my judgement.

Nonetheless, have anyone of you found the island, a bit too tiny? ie... you can easily base rape the enemy's spawn in rush.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Karkand and The Old Republic on one day, no real surprise. Steam would be no better.

20. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

yea internet slowing down, quite a few people complaining about speed in loading not just on BF3. Really not we want near xmas, so many days off and so much time to play.....broken games lol