1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Source [Android] I'm really struggling to control my wallpapers!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by wst, 13 Dec 2011.

1. wst

wst Minimodder

I'm really struggling to get my wallpaper to display what I actually want on the wallpaper. I use the little drag and stretch box on the default wallpaper chooser, and the confines of the box do not accurately represent what I end up with on my home screen.

Has anyone figured out how to work this out?

(Has only 1 homescreen and no need for any more than that, FWIW)

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Its weird isn't it.

I think the little box you drag is the entire 5 or so home screens you've got. If you make the image (screen pixel width * number of home screens) wide, and center the image in the middle, then just have blank either side it may work.

I gave up in the end and just let it stretch across all home screens as it didn't look too bad.

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Use the Zeam launcher (best Android launcher) and you can set the number of home screens, the wallpaper then fills a single screen :)

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

As other said, don't use the standard wallpaper service - use the live wallpaper kenco_uk linked. You can set different transformation effects, different backgrounds for every page,...

6. wst

wst Minimodder

I've been using Zeam since January and I've only got narked about wallpaper handling enough to ask on a forum... about now :p

I also asked on reddit, and got "Wallpaper Wizardrii" recommended to me. It works! You can 'crop portrait' and it keeps the scale, and looks like the normal wallpaper manager, but it crops the picture as you actually see it :D

7. alanhannah

alanhannah What's a Dremel?

This is the first time I am seeing that there is a problem in Android Phone

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

There are lots of annoying things about Android but very few actual issues.

9. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

I use Zedge for wallpapers, you have to resize your background to the screen dimensions, just remember if you resize it make sure the height stays the same but the width increases per homescreen page, say you have 7 itll be the height X 7(width)