1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The KH2002 is still awesome.

2. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

If steam had any control of release dates I'm hoping they wouldn't be that stupid tho =(

3. GiggleStool

GiggleStool What's a Dremel?

Battlefield Posted this!

"We have restored service and stability to Origin. If you are still experiencing problems signing in or connecting with the Origin client please contact support at http://help.ea.com/.

We are also deploying a patch that will fix problems with the "content not found" error. This fix will be rolling out over the next 18 hours and may result in rolling server restarts. Thank you for your continued patience as we resolve this issue"

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Typical, I was going to jump on board the MP yesterday when all this started. Probably just wait until it's back to full normal service now.

5. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

yay... i'm able to get in again.

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Don't know what I would of done without Skyrim last night!

In a hotel for work tonight so hopefully get some time on tomorrow night.

Has anyone got the L96 from the new assignments out of interest?

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I managed to get on for about half an hour last night, and played one map, not sure what it was, but it was aaaa-mazing! So many buildings! Draca was running riot in the tank as usual but there are so many places to hide we managed to get him eventually at E!

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Pretty meh, it would be good for urban sniping since it's cycle rate is faster but the M98b has a faster bullet speed and less drop at range.

It does look pretty boss

9. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

I managed to get one game on all the maps last night in the end. 1st impressions:

Wake: Meh, was never a fan of the original, thought it over rated and still do.

Oman: Awesome! The big battlefield map I've been waiting for! So much carnage! However, due to the massive spacing between the flags AND the lack of buggies most of the time was spent running between spots. This meant that there was a lot of concentrated infantry fighting with one or two flags with the rest being dead quiet.

Sharqi: Very impressed with this map. I barely could recall it's layout until I got up the TV tower. Great spacing for vehicles as well as all the back alleys for infantry. Also lots of roof tops for snipers, if that's your thing. Definitely can't wait to get more time in on this map.

Karkand: Just how I remember it, though apparently they've cut off the back flags in the warehousy bit (our team didnt manage to push them back far in that game). Was very very hectic but hella fun. Lots of alley ways, lots of buildings & rooftops which can be accessed. Am looking forward to trying again with a better team.

Also with the new assignments I noticed everyone had gone from either being Support or Engineer (my play time is 90% assault due to this), everyone was assault for the easy heals/revives. For something which is meant to encourage team play it seems to be encouraging personal achievements more. Was a little frustrating, especially on Wake where we had no counter against the choppers/jets. I tried, but I've only got an RPG unlocked for engineer at the moment.

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

When I eventually got in I my initial impressions were not good. These might be the "best" of the old battlefield maps but they also highlight the worst aspects of battlefield games. Too vehicle dominated and longs runs between capture points because people jump into vehicles and drive off with out waiting for anyone else.

No doubt my opinions will change once I learn the maps better and people start concentrating on the squad play again.

11. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

It's more of a patriotic thing for me... :lol:

12. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

Totally agree. BF3 rewards you with so much stuff now (You killed someone, good boy! Suppressed them as well? Have some more points!! Assisted... here you go!! Feel important now??!) they really should at least offer a reward for travelling a certain distance with passengers or something to encourage proper use of transport rather than driving off on your own. Hell, even some sort of lane on the motorway which is only for cars with multiple passengers... wait, that actually sounds familiar?

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  13. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

LOL Battlefield 3 Brentford M4 map.

14. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Karkand is very tiny compared to BF2. I am shocked! it is a very nice map, albeit but would have expected it to be to the same scale.

Oman on the other hand is quite a large scale map but I would have thought the maps would be spaced out abit more!

I haven't played the other two maps so can't comment on them. Overall I am happy with the DLC!

Ooh and Origin it took me 3 hours to login lastnight!

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Highlight of my night, sniping Dweller, Lassar and surviving long enough to take out Draca in the Viper!!!!!!

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

If you think the walking distance is long in BF3 you should give Project Reality a sprint!

Last edited: 14 Dec 2011
  17. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I think the maps are slightly smaller than their BF2 versions but in saying that the fact that you have unlimited sprint in BF3 means its quicker to get between points - thus making the BF3 maps feel even smaller.

I dont know why everyone is complaining about lack of transport, some of my fondest memories of BF2 are running between the 4 beach points on Oman and running between points on Wake!

18. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I didn't really get to play the maps last night but this morning I logged in early for some B2K action. I spent about an hour on Sharqi learning to fly helicopters using a mouse - fortunately the server started with only me there so I was able to get some easy helo points grabbing the bases opposed only by my lack of skill and the force of gravity.

If I'd been sensible, once I'd captured the bases with one side, I should have swopped to the other team and retaken them with other other helo... That's tomorrow's plan, I guess. Instead I set myself little goals like flying around the cranes and then back to the aircraft carrier and landing safely.

Karkand seemed just as big as it used to be. The infinite sprint does make it seem smaller though. Try swimming (because you forgot that the APC can go on water and you're too stat-conscious to suicide) from shore to the aircraft carrier in Sharqi, though, and it seems just as big as it ever was.

19. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Am I right in assuming that to unlock the QBU-88 the 'laser designations' are SOFLAM designated targets?? Other than that, that and the L96 should be piss easy to get and as I'm sniper boy I'm after them asap.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

No, the laser designation can be SOFLAM, CITV etc. Get them in no time at all.

Just unlocked the QBU-88 at lunch, but not tried it yet. I'm after my MG36 at the moment and those suppression assists are annoying.