1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Worst Game You Own

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LeMaltor, 20 Oct 2011.

1. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I have a solution... Remove the colour and go black and white = no more colourblind.

2. fozmcfc

fozmcfc What you looking at ?

I bought Crazy Taxi via Steam for a couple of quid, but IMO it isn't worth a couple of pence. The PC version is absolutely shocking IMO.

3. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Skyrim.

You spend your entire life running around killing stuff, and yet the combat is just terrible. They need to play an MMO and see how it should be done.

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I find the killing stuff gets in the way of the stories and tasks....it would be a brilliant game even if they took combat out entirely.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

This. I am enjoying the game but technically it looks hideous. Rubbish animation, poor quality textures, awful shadows and the NPC's still just stand and stare at you lifelessly while they talk to you then lurch off like a thunderbirds puppet with parkinsons. The interface is horrific too.

I don't like being a poofy wizard so i'm a melee combat person and the combat is rubbish. There is no feedback at all you just wave your sword around in mid air.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

So let me get this right. You've just unwrapped your game, installed it, realised it's not 100% bug free and your complaining the game sucks?

Which game have you ever owed that has being released without any bugs?

Personally, I still say your reasons for not liking the game are un-warranted and the game deserves a second chance considering alot has changed since the release!

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The above two reasons are why I probably won't buy the game. It looks dog ugly, and the combat and general gait of the NPCs is just terrible. So far from immersive. I can't wait til the new consoles get released and companies have to build new engines to compete.

8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Isn't it funny though how so many people blindly defend skywank because even though it's one of the laziest console ports?

I guess there is good gameplay hidden in there but to me that is not enough to compensate for such a lazy design team. Buying the game simply encourages more lazy console ports.

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I bet the game has great gameplay if it's anything like Fallout 3/Vegas and I am sure in time somebody will mod it with HD Textures. It is then, when I will pick this up!

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

HD Texture mods are available right now i have been playing it without for the moment, could do with sonera graphical tweaks but over all solid gameplay right now!

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I'm enjoying Skyrim but yeah the issues mentioned in above posts are all things that the devs could have made better if they'd just bothered. It's the voice acting thats the worst thing for me though.

Some of the games getting mentioned now are far from the worst people own, they might not be as good as people want but certainly not the worst.

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the main thing that annoys me about skyrim at the moment is everywhere is flooded with 'took an arrow to the knee' messages
    its almost as bad as all the beiber messeges on EVERY rock video on youtube

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Those "arrow to the knee" comments I started seeing in forums all of a sudden made sense when I got the game last week. I no longer feel stupid.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2011
  14. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Got an knee arrows?

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I am not sure why you say 'blindly defend'...

1. Bethesda never, at any point, said this was a PC exclusive. They also specifically said in just about every interview I read that it was going to be developed primarily to work on Consoles with then 'extra' stuff for the PC (such as support for mods, in game console, and tweakable graphics). OK, they arsed up the PS3 version, but they did deliver what they promised.

2. I have both the PC and the PS3 versions and I have got to say that graphically it is far better on the PC when you tweak the ini file.

Even on the PS3 though the game is enjoyable, and the scale is huge. It may not have the visuals of say Drake's Deception, but in gameplay terms and longevity it is by far and a way better.

On the PC I am a hundred hours in and I have hardly touched the main quest - even just looking a value for money in terms of single play through gameplay hours it has got to be worth it's forty quid.

I cannot see in anybody's reality that this game can be described as 'The Worst Game You Own'. Except of course if it falls into the category of 'the Only Game You Own'.

I understand it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really do not understand the venom against it.

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Extra... this is what some developers now say! Extra stuff for PC Games. Back in the days, this 'extra stuff' used to be part of the package! What a load of bollocks!

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well, we are not back in the day and never will be again. Most publishers are going to develop multi-platform and they are almost always going to go for the lowest common denominator - this is just simple corporare economics.

They could have taken the decision not to add anything to the PC platform, plenty of developers do go down that road. Skyrim is exactly the right kind of game for the PC platform. Out of the box it's configured so that it will run on a fairly mediocre PC, yet under the hood there is the ability to tweak and mod to make the game take advantage of a more powerful platform. What's missing? What could they possibly have done to make this any better for the PC? Many people moan and bitch about console ports and in some cases they are justified when the port is bad. This is not a bad port, far from it, this is one of the best ports. It's got bugs, sure, but I don't think I have ever in 35 years of gaming come across a game that didn't and at least we are not back in the day when getting a patch was almost impossible.

18. Crackdown_uk

Crackdown_uk What's a Dremel?

Is this thread actually about the worst games people own or a thread about voicing disappointment and discontent about AAA games?

This is a very bad game (no idea how a "professional" review on Metacritic gave it 100!), this is a good game (even if it is not to your taste).

19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Not listening la la la! Can't hear you!

I think I would have preferred if they had just stuck to console. Are they talking about a new engine for skyrim 3? I won't hold my breath.

Battlefield 3 and Dice get my respect for daring to go against the console trend and develop an engine first and foremost for PC. I didn't mind buying directly from Origin to support Dice.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Lol, fair enough mate! Me, I am platform agnostic, horses for courses. Some games work well on PC, others work well on console.