1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress N+1H²0...Project end/Final shots

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bugbear974, 3 Sep 2011.

1. bugbear974

bugbear974 What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone a little improvement in UV LEDs. In total 144 UV LED to illuminate the dark desk. The result is really good I would send pictures soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Can't wait to see them!

3. bugbear974

Hi all,

Here is a few days I try to take pictures of my desk with UV light without any positive results. I can then show you what happens with the lighting. Is it necessary to have a reflex to take such photos? :grr:
    Good day to you.

4. KiiYzOo

KiiYzOo What's a Dremel?

Turn off the flash and use a tripod

5. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

As above, try to get your cam as steady as possible and flash off. Also try a higher iso. (If possiblie get the UV filter off :p )

6. bugbear974

Thank you but I already try it ...:(

7. bugbear974

I'll try again with my camera but apparently it's not that simple. I do not have the opportunity to play on the filter :wallbash: :waah:

8. bugbear974

Omg! my camera got 1600 ISO max!!! :waah:

9. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

Can you show us the pictures you are not happy about? Then we can give some constructive help maybe.

/EDIT: And the camera model would help, too.

10. bugbear974

11. bugbear974

Hello little update on my computer to add the Corsair fan used to cool the original memory card. Why this addition? Just because I live in a country of tropical climate, or water cooling although effective is not enough to cool the processor, after 1 hour in iddle the water temperature was already 40 ° C. The temperature of the ambient air at home is between 23 ° C and 30 ° C, a humidity of 60% at best. The hybrid cooling can make a significant improvement on this one. At the moment I bench is not complete, but this would delay. Some pictures on the addition of the probes on the motherboard.

[​IMG]
    By bugbear974 at 2011-12-17
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Hannes

Hannes Design | Art | Performance

You should always have as low ISO as possible since the pictures become grainy with high ISO. I'm not familiar with your camera, but try to use as long shutter as you need to get the right light, and also use a timer and something to hold your camera so you don't shake it.

Don't know if it makes any sense, but that's my photo 101.

13. TotalGaos

Yeah, what Hannes says. Low ISO (200) and long shutter speeds. The picture probably is a bit underexposed, but you can see the blue UV glow (there aren't any blue leds, right?).
    You should set the camera at a timer to eliminate shaking caused by hand. You do have a tripod I believe because at 8 seconds that is a clear picture. Also, try to set the f-stop high, like f8 - f11 to get a good, sharp picture. You should be able to fiddle with exposure-compensation, that might help a bit, too.

If all fails, you could try to borrow a good cam. This, unfortunately, will always be best. Any DSLR will do for that matter (the build is worth it). Or you could get one of your own. A Nikon 3100 will cost about the same as one of your GPU cards ;).

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Composition helps a lot, too. Try different angles and heights and see what you like best.

14. bugbear974

Thank you for your help already beginning to bear fruit while still photo quality is not quite up to what I can hope. The high definition pictures will arrive soon as I receive my Canon EOS 600D. But I'll take alltimes photos to give you an overview of the results with the Panasonic.

There is no blue LEDs to meet the intensity of UV in my desk. I think I should just set the white balance to reduce overexposure.

My f-stop is f3.3 I am unable to solve it, when I speak I make test and by dint of much searching I would end up finding the best setting possible.

Thank you anyway for your help. ;)

15. TotalGaos

Ah. Won't be any problem, then. That is some nice gear you are getting.

16. bugbear974

After 1 hour of settings, here are the first pictures make my Panasonic DMC-FT1. The white balance is automatic, Zoom Macro, f-5.9 / 1, ISO 200 Format 16:9.

The result is not really up to what I wanted. But the pictures are still more visible than before.

A big thank you to TotalGaos & Hannes for their explanations.

[​IMG]
    By bugbear974 at 2011-12-19
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See you soon for next update.

17. Hannes

Hannes Design | Art | Performance

Pictures looks a lot better, could have been a different camera. Well done! The build also looks awesome!

18. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Maybe you can do something with this since we both have a Panasonic.

[​IMG]

19. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

This is pretty amazing. I thought about doing a desk mos along these lines about 2 years ago because the ones I had seen, although good were not perfect, messy wiring and not particularly tidy over all. Now 2 come along at once that are perfect. Looks like I may have to come up with a new plan. It's really need to be some thing special do beat these 2.

20. TotalGaos

The new pics are great! Very different indeed.

Looking at L3p his pic and the exif data my guess is that the light intensity is way WAY higher in his desk. He only used 1/30 at ISO200 which isnt that abnormal.

This could mean a few things. Or l3p his desk has more uv lights. Maybe his coolant reflects much brighter. It could also mean your camera has a build in UV filter (this would explain a lot actually).
    IDK to be honest, lol.