1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair K60 Vengeance Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Dec 2011.

1. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Bought a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate last week, do not regret it one bit, worth the money just to annoy people on skype with the switch clicks.

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Bah!!!....just bought a Cherry Cymotion Expert for £20..beautiful keyboard, with key presses as smooth as butter.

Bet it's every bit as good to use as this Corsair one, save yourself £80.....

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

How have you had one for 6 weeks? They only got released recently due to Corsair pushing back the release date by a month and a half (which led to me cancelling my order)...

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

He works for OCUK, so can probably get some stuff before release.

5. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

still no stock at scan, wanted one of these since i first laid eyes on it. looks really sleek and i can cope with membrane for the f keys.

theres my xmas money spent then!

6. User-sam

User-sam When in doubt, follow your nose.

K90 Review Please! :)

7. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

As a Ducky DK9008G2 owner, I can vouch for the superb quality of their keyboards. The only tougher keyboard I've used so far is the IBM Model M.

As for the rest of the keyboard.. well, they use double-shot keys instead of painted lasered-off black paint on translucent keycaps, so the keys themselves will last a fair while, and unlike some manufacturers, Ducky mounts their switches to an aluminium plate, which besides increasing overall toughness, also makes the switches more secure with a MUCH lower risk of pulling out the switch when pulling out the caps.

The casing can feel a bit flimsy at times though, but it will last a drop or two, possibly even murdering the odd mugger.

The special editions even support N-Key rollover over USB as well as PS/2, even though its unlikely you'll ever pres more than 6 keys + modifiers...

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Where do you buy the ducky keyboards from?

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Ebay/chinese sites basically.

geekhack.org/deskthority.com are great places if you're intersted in mechanical keyboards, been really helpful for me (also have marketplaces, tis how I got my Ducky.)

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

There's some on that Yorkshire trading site - e-bay. £90-odd upwards though, ouch.

11. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

This review sounds like it was written by a first-time mechanical keyboard user. Funny that the Reds are so praised, most people prefer the Browns or Blues.

Keyboard is interesting but it sounds suspiciously cheap due to them using mechanical keys. Presumably it's a cost-saving measure and it just makes no sense to me considering you're already buying an expensive, premium keyboard.

Also, how is the quality of the key caps themselves? It's an unfortunate reality that many mechanical keyboards get worn down, not as far as action goes but as far as key texture and even the lettering on them goes. You can buy replacement caps, but the higher initial quality, the better.

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

How on earth do you test/see this out of the box?

13. leslie

leslie Just me!

My keyboards and thoughts on them.

Black Widow Ultimate, feels good, except that on upstroke, the keys have a weird float sensation I dislike, very few will not notice it. You don't notice the float when typing fast or mashing keys in a game. If you have a scissor based keyboard such as the Logitech illuminated, you may be more prone to notice the float. The blue lighting is a bit annoying due to color and brightness and who thought the printing style or flipping which label is primary on this was a good idea? It's a nice keyboard marred by stupid choices. It's quite large too. Supposedly the keys sticking has been fixed, I had to fix mine. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice keyboard, and I would still pick it over a membrane keyboard any day as it's good for fast typing.

Das w/browns... It's very basic compared to the Widow series. It loses the float sensation(yay!), which is why I got it, but also a little of the noise (yay) and a lot of the tactile feedback (bad). This is my preferred keyboard, it's quieter than the Widow or IBM and a good compromise between typing and gaming. It's nice and compact for small desks (compare to an IBM Model M or Widow). It's not as bombproof as the Widow or IBM, both of which have a nice thick metal plate in them. It's not weak, just not overbuilt like them.

All Cherry keyboards seem to have a bit of key friction or slight binding feel. It's still less than cheap membrane keyboards, but it's there. Coming from a scissor keyboard (Logitech Illuminated) you can certainly feel it. There is simply not as much guiding the switch down.

As for the glossy black on both of those keyboards... Why are you touching it in places other than the keys? Sorry, but this is a ridiculous complaint really, besides, the Das has very little framework anyhow.

IBM Model M, I have one of these as well, which unfortunately died (I think the usb adapter is what died, not the keyboard). This is a typists keyboard, it's extremely fast to type on, but NOISY. It has less keybinding, the most noise, and most feedback. All of these others are just wannabes to be honest. It is and looks like a beast sitting on your desk.

Another keyboard I have is the Logitech Illuminated, this too is a great keyboard. It has smoother action than all of them, and softer lighting. It's also the most quiet. It's probably one of the most under appreciated keyboards out there. The one downfall on these is a bit less feedback and key travel, and strength, this is a relatively weak keyboard compared to the others with no metal and very thin. This looks very nice sitting on a desk, not too big, not too small, but also very high tech and smooth.

14. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

corsair suck, £100 for a nearly mechanical keyboard, what a joke.

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'm REALLY considering buying the Duckie Shine DK9008S. Now I just need to decide on buying here in the US for a bit more $$$ and not the LED color I want, or ordering from a foreign company based in China for just a bit less and the LED color I want

I'm definitely getting the browns.

16. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Hmm, looks interesting. Very few frills and a lower noise switch sounds good to me, I may have grown up hearing a continual "taka taka taka taka taka" from the keyboard but I definitely don't miss the noise. The fact that it's a UK layout is a winner as I NEED the backslash key exactly where it should be on the left, thank you very much.

It sounds solidly built and as though it might last a while, I'm fed up of spending £30+ on something that feels great to start with and steadily goes gimpy on me over time. Oh well, wait for the over time pay in January.

Bede likes this.
  17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

This. It is also a nice-looking keyboard, though that is largely subjective. £100 for a keyboard makes me sad though, tis more than I spent on my motherboard.

18. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Now you are hardwired to WASD but with the Isku it was tough to see if your fingers were in the right place....
    I have to check if both reviews were done by the same person.
    Have to check for myself this mechanical keyboards if they really are all that. Also, can anyone explain me the differences between Black, blue, red and so on?

19. leslie

leslie Just me!

Turn in your geek card at the door. :lol:

Funny how people do this...
    The parts you spend all your time interacting with (mouse, monitor, keyboard) are the places people tend to go cheap on and yet it's where you can notice it more than anything else. This is exactly why IBM spent so much time and effort designing the old Model M keyboard and why 20 years on they are still sought after.

Peripheral companies have really missed the boat on this. None of it has the hype and proper promotion that companies like Intel and Nvidia do. Sure a faster cpu is nice, but if your monitor hurts your eyes after a bit, how much time will you spend using your super fast processor. Heat sink fans and power supplies seem to get more praise and hype than a mouse/keyboard/monitor.

20. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide#post_6009482

Tags: Add Tags