1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod of the Month Mod of the Year 2011

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by arcticstoat, 23 Dec 2011.

1. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

WO WOW WOOOOOWWW!
    I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to see the MotY Back in its glory! Without demagogy, I am really happy!
    I will read one by one (but not entirely) o fthe logs to make a wise choice.
    But I really want to THANK YOU bit tech for the nice effort!
    And for all the competitors out there that did not gave up (as I almost did) on modding!

2. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Bit-Tech thanks for selecting me as one of the Mod Of The Year 2011 Nominees!
    Goodluck to all the other nominee's!
    Im actually glad with 10 votes, I really enjoyed looking at all the projects again.

3. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

So hard to vote this year :)
    Yeah this year has been beautiful mod year :)
    Goodluck all nominee's!

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

If there's going to be the same amount of builds in next years maybe 5 might be about right....lol

Then again with 10 it's going to give the voting quite an even spread.

Normally when I look at the MOTY there are 3 or 4 builds that grab me and are a step above the rest. This years they are all so good it makes me think next year is going to be insane if the standards keep getting raised the way they have this year.

It's going to take some thing truly remarkable just to even get selected.

Last edited: 23 Dec 2011
  5. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

All Amazing mods. I voted for 10, but my favorites from the bunch are Synthetica, Stealthlow and the l3p desk :D

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awesome the part of the year that shines brighter than Santa's belly after squeezing through chimneys :D:duh:.

MOTY where if ever there's a good time to get my ramble mode on this is it even though I always seem to have it on :lol::D so on I go, a word for all contenders like what I intended to do last year but didn't bother :lol:.

I followed most of them & any I didn't I had a good look though all of them to pick my favourites but thank Relix we get 10 votes :rock::D overkill amount I know but I'm happy about that because my mind won't malfunction now :D.

But where is voigts Quintessence? surely that belonged amongst the best of the year too :eeek::waah: awesome really nice project or did he opt out of MOTY? :confused:.

Beta, I'm not mad keen on minimalism but your nice highly creative & unique creations are awesome & can count on a vote from me.

Charge, definite fan of Frenkie mods & gaming :clap: & the health station is very well done & rocks vote counted :).

Dreadnought, amazingly unpractical to have in a room but sure is badass anyway :D looks freaking awesome in the sun :rock: vote counted.

Filtration, very nice, I thought I got tired of tj07 mods but definitely a nice looking project :).

FLush, looks good & tidy & like the Swiss cheese style grill :D.

L3p D3sk, the one that took the internet by storm :D & I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I seen the video of him shuffling under his floor boards to get to the radiators :lol: crazy but awesome :D:rock: I'm sure you'll get a lot of votes so I'll hold 1 back :D.

Mid Century Madness, love it & his other mods vote counted :) if I ever have a go at wood which is very likely I can only hope of doing anywhere near as good after plenty of muckups :D.

Nike, Nice visual transformation of a budget case where modding works best IMO :).

PC-Beto, an old relic of a case brought not just up to now but somewhat ahead of us with quite a few modding firsts in modding, oh yeah vote counted :rock:.

Perspiration, Nice clean extreme case mod project :rock:.

Phinix Nano Tower, Awesome, looks the sheet is nice & compact, jam packed with detail & quite a beast, took a while to complete but looks well worth it vote counted :D.

ROG Rampage, I think the thing I like most about this one is the acrylic piece for joining up the cooling loop, very nice bodaker innovation enhanced (the joining piece for cooling) the rig technically though overall is awesome even if it isn't my cup of coffee :D.

Saturday Night Special, I'm so glad to see some man made projects :hehe:, was starting to think we being overrun by pro engineers :lol: I followed this one & was great stuff plus Jeff is awesome :) vote counted.

Silverstone TJ11, Captain OCD :D joking or maybe not :p:lol: you get MDPC standard which is high, you get mine which was a mess I'd say in comparison but that's mostly because of the PSU I chose & didn't go with extensions to fix that & then you get this kind of silly perfection in sleeving :D, one of the neatest tidiest mods I've ever seen, ridiculously neat :) & think you deserve a vote for that :).

SR-2 Stacker, Perfect chop job & a max pc to go with it :jawdrop: & I think all manually done too which has it's own special awesomeness about it :):clap:.

Stealthlow by me :hehe::lol: my favourite out of the ones I've done so far so not quitting modding because I keep improving :), only when I start falling back & making crap will I consider quitting :), vote not counted, can't vote for myself way too much like hugging myself although I imagine plenty have no shame in that :lol::duh:.

Steam & Current, Nice tidy good looking low power rig in a style I rather like :thumb: I also have a low power rig up my sleeve for next year :D. vote counted.

Synthetica, Takes no thought to click a vote for this :D Alex keeps rolling out nothing but awesome original or at least semi original beauties but at least as far as case modding/creating goes awesome original projects, I love the way he doesn't play it totally safe & guns for something different & achieves it perfectly, you rock Alex :rock::D.

The Retro HTPC, as soon as I seen his utterly badass engraving skills with dremel I was very very highly impressed & couldn't help but think his engraving added on top of any normal mod or scratch build would be an awesome sight to see & now has his own CNC so guess he's had enough of manual engraving :D but still, very nice mod of a bit of an antique, all works well together :jawdrop::rock:.

Toxicity, HAF is ugly ass case IMO :D, sorry but it is :lol: & highlighted in bright green which I quite like the crazy thought of highlighting it’s ugliness :hehe: but other than that a really tidy mod nicely done & I do love the waterfall res other than it probably encouraging you to go to the toilet more often :D but also had excellent how to videos for onlookers too so = overall awesome & still looking forward to your scratch build :).

TRON, when advanced methods are used I often turn off a project but, but :D if it's a hybrid of that & awesome skills & a unique form with rocking design with nice ideas I can easily love it & even has a wicked curved radiator, awesome & very eye catchy project :rock: vote counted :thumb:.

USS Eurisko, Awesome project without a doubt & awesome creator, but where are the finished shots with it's paint on? thought MOTY was strictly for completed projects or has that changed? if so I'm a bit disappointed to not see some others including Acronym & Get A Life & any others really close to complete in this years comp :eeek: oh well.

WCC: A Present from GlaDOS, :hehe: Love it :rock: vote counted :).

White, Fantastical, love the chrome tubes & the complete colour scheme perfectly done, very gorgeous mod :rock:.

Wii Unlimited Edition, Best console mod ever & by far :D if Nintendo cared about having an awesome looking console they would hire Martin :D:rock:, I know it's not a PC & this seems to have changed things in MOTY but can't complain if a console mod is anything like this :D still feels weird ticking a box for a console but I'll do it :D.

Deep breaths :lol:.

Ugh, my picks came to 13 & was not easy dismissing any but had to be done so I guess 10 votes wasn't quite enough for me :eeek::lol: need to trim 3 off my list :( but with 10 votes I should make at least 1 of those a mate vote I think :D but wow I'm having difficulty trimming even 1 off ugh :duh: think I'm being pretty stern about picking 13 out of these 25 beauties but will have to be a little harsher to narrow down even more though & I thought 10 votes was overkill :hehe: guess not :D.

Here's my list & was difficult dropping every single one of the others except for the incomplete one, the incomplete one IS an awesome project so try not to misunderstand about that but it is incomplete & that is what MOTM is meant for WIP so really can't vote for it based on that sorry :(, bit-tech might have slipped the rules but I won't, got to express myself else I'd go mental from bottling things up :hehe: I at least try to behave & be tactful these days unlike when I was new on forums & was behaving like a bit or a lot of a dick on occasions :hehe::duh:.

Beta, can't cut
    Charge, can't cut
    Dreadnought, tough to cut but did
    Mid Century Madness, can't cut
    PC-Beto, can't cut
    Phinix Nano Tower, can't cut
    Saturday Night Special, can't cut
    Silverstone TJ11, tough to cut but did
    Steam & Current, can't cut
    Synthetica, can't cut
    TRON, can't cut
    WCC: A Present from GlaDOS, can't cut
    Wii Unlimited Edition, tough to cut but did

USS Eurisko would have been a definite vote from me but it isn't completed yet so something went wrong with that being there :(.

All 15 other projects was a nightmare to cut off to be honest but :lol: 10 votes only which is 9 more than a couple years ago & 7 more than last year so that's nice :D.

Was tough & extra tough knocking off more than what I had picked, who'd have thought 10 wasn't enough :lol: I'd have been screwed trying to pick if we got 3 or even 1 vote :eeek: thank Relix for 10 votes :D.

Now I’ll just move on to my next project which I’ll introduce very soon, but today is awesome new IPS day :eeek::rock::D what a kickass day today, MOTY nom & a high res IPS screen woo hoo :D so today I game until I can't game no more & tomorrow I'll show my next project :naughty::D.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^ my biggest post ever :lol:.

8. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

I actually love to read your long posts dunno why :D

9. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Voted :thumb:! Incredilbe entries as ever, but a couple of things:

1: some (maybe just one) of the mods wasn't from 2011, and more to the point, the project log thread's last post was in 2010. I refer to the Dreadnaught mod, which, as good as it is, isn't really 2011?
    2: I have an idea as to why it's fixed at 10 votes (to prevent people from getting their friends to join and vote just their mod as has happened in the past apparently), but damn, I hadn't realised it was fixed at 10, so had picked my top three or four, thinking it was like MOTM.
    3: Why not vote using forum accounts like MOTM?

10. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Congratz and good luck to all nominees. All great projects this year (again).

11. bulldogjeff

Thats it Wayne, just lay up on the couch and get it all off your chest..:hehe::hehe:

12. jadawgis732

jadawgis732 What's a Dremel?

Definitely should NOT have to select TEN options. 3 would be fine for ensuring the lesser cases garnered a fair share of the votes.

13. nhenhophach

nhenhophach Bit-tech

Thanks Bit-tech for the nominee and members for voting

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Jeff - Did you really have to quote a 3 page post?:hehe:

The big issue now is, who do I NOT vote for?:wallbash: I agree Quintessence shouldn't have slipped through the cracks.

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

insane. just freakin insane. all are too good to vote!!!

my personal top 3 would be
    1. tron cycle - cool and awesome are just dripping allover this one.
    2. lap desk - the idea and cleanliness strikes the perfect balance of awesome, modern, and subtle.
    3. dreadnought - just too freakin bad-ass to miss.

16. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

WOOOW!!... Insaaaane projects. Good luck all!! Hmm... Just a bit curious. Antony said my Sputnik 0667 would be featured in MOTY, but I don't see it anywhere. That sucks a bit, but what the hell... GOOD LUCK ALL!! Hard to vote though, even with as much as ten of them. Some of these supermods are new to me and again, WOOOOOOW!!

Last edited: 23 Dec 2011
  17. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

My top four standouts (in no particular order) are Beta, Filtration, L3p D3sk, and Phinix Nano Tower. Amazing work guys!

18. bulldogjeff

It just kinda happened, I only meant to get the 2nd post:duh:

I thought Quintessence would have been there aswell.

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol: I'd have preferred to have kept it simples but 25 awesome projects so had a tiny bit to say :lol::duh:.
    BTW Huge thank you to anyone who voted, I know how difficult it is picking out any in such an awesome bunch :D.

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Waynio - No hard feelings on cutting me out in your top 10! :thumb:

I have no reason to believe I'll win, and besides that I think I made history getting the WII featured in Custom PC Mag, and on MOTY. Add up all the nice things people have said about it, that's all I need! :)